watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Giving In

Started by nose, March 10, 2014, 02:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

In the Film The Outlaw Josey Wales, staring Clint eastwood, or heros believe they are about to be attacked by an overwhelming force of 'native americanss' (red indians to you and me.
He (josey/Clint) gives a little speech that would seem to fit our position as follows, and I quote:-

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. "

That is what the supporters and more importantly the team need now, to stand up and be proper, grown up men and not give in, we need to stick together and fight back.
The team need to know we absolutely support them, and they have to show us they are willing to give it a go.
If we give up, that will encourage them to give up...... I know it looks bleak... but i am not ready to give up just yet, there are far too many games left
I like the premiership, and we should do all we can to make the most unlikely event occur, namely escape.

Lighthouse

I am loving all this bravado and up and at em spirit.

However we are out in the open surrounded by hostiles. We haven't any guns and the women and children of the hostiles look tougher than we are. I can make as many speeches as you like. But the reality is we are going to be slaughtered. But I guess we can take the odd hostile to hell with us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cottage cheese

The players have given up, we are down sadly, there is no fight in this team at all. We failed to beat Cardiff and West brom...Sums it up.

We have the wrong calibre of players attitude wise...with the world cup coming up some of the players will be more concerned about getting on the plane over the outcome of whether we stay up or not. Yes some will say by staying up will get them on the plane but I think its more game time needed for Holtby, Dejagah, Hetinga, Kasami etc which is their priority. Do some of the players really care enough seeing as they are on loan/contract running out??

Secondly We have too many player who tire out after around the 60/70 min mark which is why we concede a hell of a lot of late goals due to the concentration/positioning wearing out.

3 managers in one season, 3 different types of tactics to adjust too. Its a complete and utter farce. By the summer could even be 4 if Felix decides the Championship is not for him/how the board feel after we get relegated.

MJG

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 10, 2014, 02:25:51 PM

And then you see the teamsheet

Me-ate-Live, innit??

However we are out in the open surrounded by hostiles. We haven't any guns and the women and children of the hostiles look tougher than we are. I can make as many speeches as you like. But the reality is we are going to be slaughtered. But I guess we can take the odd hostile to hell with us.

You forgot the blazing Wagon and the damp gun powder supplied by the Dutch   :Get Coat gif:

dgnffc

How does that song go "Four Wheels on my wagon......"? Think we're at the point where it's "No wheels on my wagon, and I've stopped rolling along..........."

nose

i am for not giving in despite what logic dictates

jarv

The Welshman in the film Zulu, puffed his chest out and started singing when all seemed to be lost. It gave everyone a lift I seem to recall but didn't save too many of his mates as the Zulus kept attacking.
A few survived, there was a breath of fresh air, tranquillity reigned and then I have no doubt those survivors buggrd off to play for another team.

sumofallparts

It is all a day late and a dollar short.......

aconnecticutyankee

To your point Lighthouse, from the great western "Little Big Man" Dustin Hoffman's character Jack Crabb got it about right speaking to Gen George Custer...

"Jack Crabb: General, you go down there.

General Custer: You're advising me to go into the Coulee?

Jack Crabb: Yes sir.

General Custer: There are no Indians there, I suppose.

Jack Crabb: I didn't say that. There are thousands of Indians down there. And when they get done with you, there won't be nothing left but a greasy spot. This ain't the Washite River, General, and them ain't helpless women and children waiting for you. They're Cheyenne brave, and Sioux. You go down there, General, if you've got the nerve."

We all know how that turned out

jarv

I love these quotes and analogies, anyone got one from John Wayne in the Alamo?? How about a more recent Butch cassidy and Sundance. Should provide a few laughs. We certainly need them.

jarv

dgn....your no wheels on my wagon had me in tears 064.gif

MJG

14th Feb "I'm Felix Magath, I'm here to rescue you"

After Chelsea "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

8th March "I've got a very bad feeling about this."

Today "Help us Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're our only hope."

MJG

You've seen the video a million times but read it here:

I don't know what to say, really.
Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today, and either, we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble.
Inch by inch, play by play. Until we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here, get the poo kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
Now I can't do it for ya, I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I've pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life.
But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it.
The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the loving difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face.
Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think ya going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that's all it is. Now, what are you gonna do?

nose

i am not talking bravado
I am saying, if you give up you lose and the battle has still a long way to run, no matter how daunting the task
the other teams are just as nervous.... this task is still there to be won
we should not give up, not yet, certainly not as the best supporters in the country, we must try and inpsire the team.... now is the time for us to try and rebuild their fragile confidence

if we go down it should be fighting, not with a lamentable, well that's it, all over with 27 points still up for grabs.

If i ran my business like this, every time there was a bit of unfortunate pressure (and over the years there has been) I wouldn't still be a going concern..... 

what we have to do here is suggest methods to succeed, team line ups better than the manager has selected, tactics that will work, and dare i say blindly get behind the lads.....not bravado, just what needs to be done.

Super John Mitchell

We cant hit the target from 6 yds let alone spit chewing tobacco on a dogs head from 6 feet.On a serious note we should never give up.Our rise to the best league in the world was tough and we should hang on to it.Its not been enjoyable over the last few seasons but its been Fulham and that's all that matters to me.COYW

Berserker

It is not the fans that need to fight, or not give in. It is the team, and unfortunately  not enough of them are bothered whether we stay up or not.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Super John Mitchell

Agree 100%.The difference between players and supporters is that I support Fulham because I was dragged there as a kid and its stuck with me ever since.I don't get paid for it.My pride and joy as a kid was my short sleeved Fulham top with a big black number 4 on the back.It would have said 'Mullery' if names were on shirts back then.We have had some of the greatest names in football wear our shirt with pride and they didn't need to kiss the badge to prove anything.They just did their best and gave it a 100%.Sometimes we won and sometimes we lost but we were ok with that as long as they played for the shirt.Footballs not about this anymore.Get Danny Murphy back as Manager and lets start again with the right values that we as Fulham supporters have always loved.COYW

Macedo

LIKE...

RaySmith

We should, and I'm sure we most of us do, expect the players to give their  all in every game while survival is still at all possible.

As fans we should keep getting behind the team in the fantastic way out support has been doing, if we want them to stay up, unrealistic as this outcome may be, but I appreciate that some people have become disillusioned and no longer feel able to give their wholehearted support.

Personally, I don't see our problem as the players not  trying their best, but we lack confidence, and also seem to lack team organisation and continuity - but this is a problem when you get a new manager in who isn't used to the squad or the Prem.

My, deluded?, hope is that Felix will come good, and Mitro also, and that we might at least be able to mount some sort of fight, instead of meekly slipping out the Prem.

I heard the figure of 100 million pounds quoted the other day, as the sum a club would lose by going down, so I'm sure there is plenty of motivation from  those that run the club, and the players have their own motivation re career, pay, pro pride,concern about club staff  losing their jobs (Danny Murphy said this), etc.