watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Champions League

Started by Blanco, March 10, 2014, 06:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

Thought I'd write a post about this weeks Champions League games as I'm sure everyone, like myself, are a bit sick and tired of Fulham and would like to talk about something else.

Arsenal play Bayern Munich tomorrow at the Allianz Arena with a 0-2 deficit. I thought Arsenal were unlucky to go down to 10 men and therefore be completely dominated by the Germans. I would like to think Arsenal can turn it over tomorrow but it is an enormous task. They managed it last year but didn't go through due to Bayerns away goals. Also, Bayern didn't play their best team. They also have a better side now since Guardiola took over. This time I think they'll go out all guns blazing. Do you think Arsenal can turn it around and go through to the next round?

On Wednesday Manchester City play Barcelona at the Camp Nou in the same situation as Arsenal. Again, City were unlucky to go 1 man down and have a penalty given against them even though it was outside the area. Barcelona actually lost on Saturday in La Liga against Real Valladolid(in relegation fight). This could actually work against City as Barcelona really need a win. Do you think City can also overturn their 2-0 deficit or is it too much to ask?

In other games, Atletico Madrid play AC Milan at the Vicente Calderon with a 1-0 away goal advantage. On Wednesday, PSG play Bayer Leverkusen at the Parque de los Principes in Paris. They go into the game with a 4-0 away goals advantage. Probably too much to ask for Leverkusen.

Tempest

Personally not that fussed about "English"clubs playing in europe, no clubs are English these days with the amount of foreign influence top to bottom so for me I look at the better footballing team regardless of where they'er from

Bayern v Arsenal, Bayern by far the stronger team, like their footballing style, the players are good team players and I hope they progress over Arsenal.
Barca v Man City - would have liked it if Man City hada  lead or were at least level, would have made for a great game, think it still will be but with Barca winning expect them to go through.

Man U - Interesting one, a bit like Fulham, supporters here still think we can pull off the great escape - people seem to think Man U are favourites for this game too. They may well go through but they're a poor side and think either a draw or Utd to win by the odd goal in 3.

Chelsea - good result out in Turkey, fully expect them to control the game, it'll be close but don't expect them to have any problem going through.

Love that Atheltico are still in and progressing well, AC are again relatively poor side so expect a good win in Spain for Athletico.
PSG, fan of Zlatan, exceptional footballer and like to see him get to the final as he has missed out on the WC.
Personally, prefer Madrid to beat Munich in the final. Ronaldo hattirck
Live in Falmouth!

FPT

I'm hoping for a Real Madrid-Bayern Munich final. I think that game puts two ferocious styles together, but both have an element of beauty that would create a wonderful spectacle. Every team (Atletico, Bayern, Madrid, Barca, Chelsea and PSG) all have a good chance of winning the whole competition and I think it's going to be a beautiful quarter finals, onwards.

Blanco

I know what you mean about the lack of English players in our top flight teams. The truth is English players aren't all that so they need foreigners to make the teams better. If you look at Real Madrid or Bayern Munich they have quality home grown players because the Spanish and Germans are world class. Unlike the English.

I'm not too bothered about Arsenal either, I'm just bored of Bayern winning everything  :005:

I quite like City but they are such a strange team. They have all this quality but can't always deliver i.e Wigan. I'd love to see them advance on Wednesday but I don't think they will.

I think most fans will expect United to win and go through but I don't think they will. Olympiacos are a good side and weren't given enough credit when they beat United in Greece. I think it could be a draw and Olympiacos go through on away goals.

Couldn't care less about Chelsea but they'll go through. The dark horses of the Champions League this season.

Would like to see Milan beat Atletico but I don't think they will. They've been poor this season. Balotelli will need to be at his best because he's the one that seems to be able to score great goals out of nothing for them.

Really like PSG. Would like to see them in the final as well. Ibra should have been in the Ballon D'or finalists instead of Messi. Best Striker in the World this season in my opinion.

I hope Real Madrid win it. It would be a tight game against Bayern though.

King_Crud

Quote from: Tempest on March 10, 2014, 06:34:51 PM
Personally not that fussed about "English"clubs playing in europe,

agreed, and as a result I have to turn off the biased commentary and watch the games in silence

Blanco

I do that a lot when Fulham play. Can't stand how biased some of the commentators are. And the amount of times they say how many goals we've conceded or how bad we are.