watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What if we stay up???

Started by Tempest, March 10, 2014, 06:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

Then what?? What are supporters expectations? Re-build? Can't see Khan spending what it would take to meet some expectations on here. One or two players? May be enough if the right backroom staff can be found and instill whatever is missing from the players we have. Or just delaying the inevitable until next season.

So if we go down? What are expectations?

If we stay up? Same question?

If we go down, I think that'll be it, we'll be a good young championship team but sell the better kids and keep missing out on a return.
If we stay up? We'll be hot favourite to go down next year.

Happy with either, nice to see different teams, win more games and the Championship can be pretty comeptitive. Plus winnable derby games!
Live in Falmouth!

Admin

What is this strange language you speak, "stay up"?

Peabody

Blimey Tempest, you are dicing with death with this lot. They have decided that we are going down (They are most likely right) and you come along and completely throw them of track. Good question though.

Fullofham

If we stay up I expect some major investment from the owner. This January he put in a lot of money, and whether or not that was wasted (cough, Mitroglu) will be seen, and is the fault of his advisors. I expect that even if we survive there will be front office changes.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Admin on March 10, 2014, 07:00:36 PM
What is this strange language you speak, "stay up"?
If it's for more than 4 hours, you should seek medical assistance they say...
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

FPT

It will be rebuild still, but of a higher standard. I think about £15m-£20m in the Championship (because of the sheer number of players we require) and about £25m-£35m if we stay up. I would rather we went down though.

win-dup

What if Jesus returns to earth? What if Hitler is discovered living in a nice maisonette in Finlay Street? What happens if we stay up? None of them are going to happen.

Peabody

Jet hats more like it, some positive thinking.

Burt

"If"? What do you mean, "if"?

:dft011:

Berserker

Ha ha ha ha.......sorry just gone mad
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

licker

It looks as tho lady luck will not be shining on you this season.
Tis a shame really because Fulham has always been a well liked and friendly club, and it could be a very long battle to get back, as Wolves, Leeds, Blackburn, Bolton, and the two Sheffield clubs have found out.

Pull out all the stops now, because if you go out you might never get back in.

Bill.

H4usuallysitting

Of course were going to stay up.....our season starts Saturday 15th March 2014 @ 3pm.....be there or be square

Lighthouse

Down or up, investment has to be made in the playing side. Go down and we can include some of the youngsters in the starting 11. But really after years of neglect, whatever happens we need to improve the playing side. If we don't than we can look forward to a steady decline.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Blanco

I'm sort of set on us going down so if we stay up it'll be a strange feeling.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I'm with Crazzzzzzzzzzzy Man....................... H4Usuallysitting
I do not believe we will go down and I am seriously considering  changing my plans and going to Stoke .......

Roy Hodgson - The Best Fulham Moments

Deanothefulhamfan

Nice question;

Whilst I am certain we are going down,  If we did have a miracle escape then we would need major reinvestment. The only senior players I would keep if we were to stay up would be Sidwell ( 1 year contract extension ) Holtby on a permanent basis, Reither ( had a bad season, but deserves another chance ) Richardson..... That is it. Every other senior player should be offloaded.

If we went down, we would have a real young and exciting team, and I guess more of the experienced players could stay on. Not so much investment needed

H4usuallysitting

When we stay up - we should buy Bayern Munich's B team

Count Berbatov

Am I an idiot to think survival is still very much possible?
And why not bring Roy and ask for advise. Why not get Murphy and the old heros down in the changing room and have a talk with the team.
If I were Magath, that's exactly what I would have done...Except he's got the ego
Although, this is something Rene could have done
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Deanothefulhamfan

You are not an Idiot CB, but for us to stay up we need to have the form of a top 4 team.... It just is not going to happen.  The teams above us have games in hand plus points on board. The players don't believe then why should the fans.

I just hope if we lose to Newcastle he will start playing the youth in preparation for next season

St Eve

I still believe. 3 points Saturday will be a good start