watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mr Khan - do the decent thing and inform us of your plans

Started by Baszab, March 10, 2014, 08:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

It would be fair and decent to all the supporters (which are the life-blood of the club) if our new chairman, Mr Khan, would release a projection for the future... or maybe an explanation as to why he purchased FFC....or some kind of indication that he has the club's best football intentions to heart.

In a multi-million pound business, this would be a normal course of action to explain the way forward to the shareholders (Yes, I know , supporters are not shareholders, we have been through this argument before, but they are quasi-shareholders)

I don't think that this should be too much to ask, do you ?

jarv

Who ever is responsible for the "fit and proper" test of owners, clearly is not doing a great job these days given the state of football clubs in general. They certainly appear not to have football at the heart of their interest and test. If it is the premier league, say no more. Money is all that matters to those carpetbaggers. 092.gif

fulhamrover

His intentions are fairly well established.

Build a stadium or ground share with QPR and rent the stadium out to the Jaguars! SPORTS FUSION!!

mccscratch

How about to make money... and when you buy a club to make money I can assure you that survival int he Premier League is priority number 1 for said owner...

Anyone that thinks otherwise has no clue... Sorry but you people just don't get it sometimes... He purchased the club, gave the club plenty of money to change their fate in January and nothing has worked...

there is no conspiracy here... Mr Khan wants what we all want... to stay up or bounce straight back up if the worst fears are realized.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Aaron

How can he do that?

We're neither relegated nor secure in the Premier League at present.  There will be too completely different plans depending on which eventuality transpires.  Obviously, it's a lot more likely that the plan relying on our presence in the Championship is the one which will come into effect, but to admit that now, would be to admit defeat.

Furthermore, if he starts spouting lofty aspirations all we're going to find is that the cost of the squad we have to put together from scratch in May (regardless of which league we're in) is going to go through the roof.  Multi-million pound businesses do not rely on purchasing / head hunting directly from their competition in order to be successful, not overtly so anyways.   Football is different, making too much noise would be like showing your hole cards before the flop in a game of poker.

We won't hear a thing until the end of the season and that's the sensible way to play it.

mccscratch

Quote from: fulhamrover on March 10, 2014, 08:37:29 PM

Build a stadium or ground share with QPR and rent the stadium out to the Jaguars! SPORTS FUSION!!

complete and utter BOLLOCKs

Baszab

I don't agree with any of your posts - a simple press release outlining his reasons for purchase and, say, a five year plan would not be unreasonable.

Even AF came out with the "Man Utd of the south" speech - it gave some comfort to the supporters.

This guy has said and done nothing - other than preside over a shambles - and the investments made in players are peanuts compared to the size of the investment/potential loss in value on relegation 

fulhamrover

Quote from: mccscratch on March 10, 2014, 08:39:30 PM

Just being facetious mate...

mccscratch

Quote from: fulhamrover on March 10, 2014, 08:51:08 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on March 10, 2014, 08:39:30 PM

Just being facetious mate...
gotcha, sorry.

Tempest

Quote from: mccscratch on March 10, 2014, 08:38:30 PM
How about to make money... and when you buy a club to make money I can assure you that survival int he Premier League is priority number 1 for said owner...

Anyone that thinks otherwise has no clue... Sorry but you people just don't get it sometimes... He purchased the club, gave the club plenty of money to change their fate in January and nothing has worked...

there is no conspiracy here... Mr Khan wants what we all want... to stay up or bounce straight back up if the worst fears are realized.
But does he? How much was spent in January?? Actually spent I mean?? Transfer fees are usually spread over the term of the contract, ultra generous guess we paid half up from and the rest over the term of the contract. So for a club facing relegation we spent  maybe £7m tops?? I understand you have your view but sometimes it's worth asking questions and looking at things from different angles, such as not as a football fan or even a fulham fan? I don't believe Khan has ever stated his reasons for buying us, his intentions and how he intends to achieve those? I've asked this before and other than grief no one has actually stated anything factually.
Live in Falmouth!

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: mccscratch on March 10, 2014, 08:38:30 PM

I don't subscribe to any conspiracy theory (as yet) but what you definitely don't do to make money is buy a football club.

Lots of the really big clubs are in huge debt. Very few make any money.

Did Al-Fayed make any money? No. He will have been lucky if he got his money back and that forgets the interest and the capital he might have earned if he had invested in a `normal' business.

HatterDon

Quote from: Aaron on March 10, 2014, 08:39:20 PM
How can he do that?

We're neither relegated nor secure in the Premier League at present.  There will be too completely different plans depending on which eventuality transpires.  Obviously, it's a lot more likely that the plan relying on our presence in the Championship is the one which will come into effect, but to admit that now, would be to admit defeat.

Furthermore, if he starts spouting lofty aspirations all we're going to find is that the cost of the squad we have to put together from scratch in May (regardless of which league we're in) is going to go through the roof.  Multi-million pound businesses do not rely on purchasing / head hunting directly from their competition in order to be successful, not overtly so anyways.   Football is different, making too much noise would be like showing your hole cards before the flop in a game of poker.

We won't hear a thing until the end of the season and that's the sensible way to play it.

Exactly, sir. I admire you preparing such a reasoned response to a joke of an OP.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel