more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

To those that called for Jols head

Started by jeremyfulham, March 10, 2014, 08:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremyfulham

How do you feel now ?
I said at the time careful what you wish for and that there was not an outstanding candidate .
COYW 049:gif

Baszab

This must be a wind-up, there is not one person, player or member of the FFC staff, who had a
decent word to say about Jol's training or tactics- - let alone the supporters.

King_Crud

Jol was , he should have been given the axe far earlier

Aaron

Still glad he's gone and still think we'd have been better off if he'd went sooner.  He has a lot to answer for.

That said the way the club have addressed the situation has been nothing short of farce.  With hindsight, I'd have binned Jol, signed Curbishley as manager and kept Rene on as a coach.  We could have skipped all that faffing around in between.

Admin

Martin Jol had become a legend in his own mind, not only was he taking us down, but he was ruining this club. We may be bottom, we may be heading to the Championship, but at least we have a small percentage of our club back, albeit to late!

MJG

Should have gone at end of last season.

Scrumpy

Quote from: jeremyfulham on March 10, 2014, 08:28:30 PM
How do you feel now ?
I said at the time careful what you wish for and that there was not an outstanding candidate .
The last few games under Jol were some of the most shameful and shambolic I have ever seen at Fulham. I still feel ecstatic that he was sacked, thanks.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Andy S

Martin Jol sould have been replaced at the end of last season as it was clear even then that he was not the man for the job. It is always difficult once the season has started as the new man only has the players provided by the old manager. The January transfer window is geared up for the players in demand to wait until just before the window closes and then time is short and every action seems like panic

Bill2

How do you feel now ?
Would the position be any better, I doubt it.

Burt

I think I was the last member of the "Jol In" brigade and even I was glad to see the back of him.

Hugely disappointed it didn't work out, given his track record etc, but hugely relieved when he left as it clearly wasn't going to work out, no matter how much I wanted it to.

DukeTyrion

I didn't ever call for Jol's head, but I am also glad he went.

I am very very sad that Rene isn't still around though, as I think we would have beaten both Wast Brom and Cardiff.

LBNo11

...my only regret is that he wasn't kicked out sooner, he was guilty of gross incompetence and his clueless management has lead to our current demise. He was the man who made me stop going to games, and to leave early when I did go, I couldn't bear to watch such embarrassing displays and to watch the mercenary mannequins of the team that jol built, play out their profession based on his tactics. I hope I never see him again...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

bog

He should have gone at the end of last season. He has got this club in a right old mess. I was banging on about Uwe Rosler ages ago.

092.gif

bog

Well said Les. He is uop there with Dicks (appropriate) Buckingham, Mackay and Sanchez.

:031: 092.gif 

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Burt on March 10, 2014, 09:00:48 PM
I think I was the last member of the "Jol In" brigade and even I was glad to see the back of him.

Hugely disappointed it didn't work out, given his track record etc, but hugely relieved when he left as it clearly wasn't going to work out, no matter how much I wanted it to.

Totally agree. Wanted him in before Hughes, very dissapointed it didn't work out, should have gone sooner.

Classic94

HatterDon

How do you feel now ?

I feel like it needed to happen 12-18 months earlier. THAT might have made a difference.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

nose

Quote from: HatterDon on March 10, 2014, 09:53:45 PM
How do you feel now ?

I feel like it needed to happen 12-18 months earlier. THAT might have made a difference.

I have no doubt Jol was here 18 months too long, actually i never wanted him at all and he exceeded my worst fears.
What I never understood was how many people seemed to leap to his defence.

epsomraver

Quote from: LBNo11 on March 10, 2014, 09:27:33 PM
...my only regret is that he wasn't kicked out sooner, he was guilty of gross incompetence and his clueless management has lead to our current demise. He was the man who made me stop going to games, and to leave early when I did go, I couldn't bear to watch such embarrassing displays and to watch the mercenary mannequins of the team that jol built, play out their profession based on his tactics. I hope I never see him again...
:plus one: :plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

epsomraver

Quote from: nose on March 10, 2014, 09:56:29 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on March 10, 2014, 09:53:45 PM
How do you feel now ?

I have no doubt Jol was here 18 months too long, actually i never wanted him at all and he exceeded my worst fears.
What I never understood was how many people seemed to leap to his defence.

0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg