News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What you'll miss the most from our Premier League time?

Started by Bronaldinho, March 11, 2014, 02:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Quote from: ScalleysDad on March 11, 2014, 09:15:40 PM
Quote from: Berserker on March 11, 2014, 09:05:29 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on March 11, 2014, 08:06:05 PM
Watching the top players was great for a while and as has been said getting one over on the top teams was always a joy. We have had some great players in the white shirt, even in the Pizza Hut one, and there are a few nights I shared with Scalley that will remain etched in my memory bank but ......
us in the Prem since Hamburg has been wretched and I'll not miss it all. I totally brought into the 'Orange is the new black' marketing scam and was royally disappointed. This is the worse Prem for quality and the beautiful game since it was conceived and we are at the bottom of it by a mile not just a few points. If the Academy get the chance to advance and we become a Club again where by wearing the t.shirt you become the topic of conversation because you support everybody's favourite second team then a year or two in the Championship works for me. I'll be at every home game and the away matches down south. I do feel for the fans who can only get the tele pictures I really do but survival this season cannot fix the countless things that are wrong.

Glad to think you may still be within sweetie throwing distance next season!!!

Tunnocks finest on Saturday but I'm not hurling one all the way over to the Hammy End. Just remembered a things I will miss moment. Juventus Dempsey goal la de dah. Forget all that! The Italians behind us brought in a picnic and the mini calzone was better than ............ well I'm lost for words. Kathryn will miss the Moulin Rouge moment, its her ironing music, if that changes but 'The laughing policeman' does have some sing a long moments.

You'll have even further to throw your Tunnocks on Saturday,  I've decided to a Archaeology conference in Devises instead of the match.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ferndownwhite

Watching my team play against some of the best players in the world....at Craven Cottage.....something that I never even dreamed of in the late sixties and onwards. I had to pinch myself to believe that I was driving to Old Trafford to see Fulham play their first Premier League match. Lived in Bournemouth in them days but it didn't seem to matter how far it was and when Saha sored the first goal I was  just so delighted. How long will it be if we go down how long before we can do it again. Will still be at the Cottage with my mrs next season . COYW

JBH

Quote from: HatterDon on March 11, 2014, 07:45:59 PM
Quote from: JBH on March 11, 2014, 07:16:38 PM
What I won't miss is sitting next to the tourists!

Well, that'll probably drop attendance 4-5000 a match there. I'm so pleased for you.

I actually mean away fans in the home ends! 

But you right about dropping attendances because that's what happens when you get relegatef! :doh:

jj____

An excuse to drink beer at 10AM on a Saturday morning, or you know...being able to watch the squad at all

Aaron

Not being able to watch the games online/on telly will be the big one as going to even half the home games in a season is a pretty big ask for me, but I'll just have to go to more next season and take the financial kick in the nuts / investing an entire weekend that comes along with.

I was really only starting to actively follow the club whenever they came up the Premier League as I was only 16 or 17 when we first came up and had parents that weren't into sport period so I've really only known the club in the Premier League, before this I could only watch European football on ITV and I don't fancy going back to that.

Delboy

I guess its going to be a while before we're in with a chance of European football again, so we'll have to get our Euro-fix with German friendlies away from home. Lets hope Felix, if he is still in charge next term, can arrange a couple.

MJG

I will miss the 99.9% chance of finding our away games online.

Burt

Blimey...have we been relegated already??

There I was, thinking that there were still some pride and points to play for...  :dft011:

RaySmith

Quote from: Burt on March 12, 2014, 11:57:49 AM

There I was, thinking that there were still some pride and points to play for...  :dft011:

:plus one:

terryr

This sort of post is what's wrong on this board.
The descent into self flagellation and misery is frankly getting boring .
WE HAVENT BEEN RELEGATED YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There will be time enough for all this if the worst happens.
What is with you people????

jelmo

Quote from: Burt on March 12, 2014, 11:57:49 AM

There I was, thinking that there were still some pride and points to play for...  :dft011:

No, only the most optimistic of fans will believe we still have a chance since Penfold took over. Best not to clutch at straws that aren't there.

Berserker

Our team hasn't got the skill or heart to stay up
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

NorfolkJim

Being able to watch the game on Football First and see what my failing eyesight currently does not allow me to see - just about anything that happens past the half way line.

I've lost hope but at least I'll save because I can cancel Sky Sports and then I can maybe go to a few more games. If Khan is any sort of owner we will be straight back up or at least in contention which will be a lot more enjoyable than the last two seasons