News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What you'll miss the most from our Premier League time?

Started by Bronaldinho, March 11, 2014, 02:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronaldinho

The best bit for me was having Danny Murphy in the midfielder.

Done everything, it's what we lack now.

Joys of watching Dembele too!
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

ToodlesMcToot

Personally, I've missed them both for some time now.

Now if you're talking about what I imagine I'll miss most when we are no longer in the PL, then it's definitely televised games.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

SouthfieldWhite

Beating the top sides when no one gave us a hope  to shut a few of the 'experts' up

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on March 11, 2014, 02:28:01 PM
Beating the top sides when no one gave us a hope  to shut a few of the 'experts' up

Long gone days.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Lighthouse

I think before Jol it was the excitment of just being in what I still believed was the best league in the World. Under Roy we were a bit dull at times but we had a system and we knew what to expect.

Then Hughes struggled but the team suddenly started to click and remember thinking that next season would be one to look forward to. We were looking like a sid who could break into the top six or seven.

Then Jol came and it was all very boring without any system. The Europa fizzled out without much effort and Al decided to sell and no money after Ruiz was put into the side.

So I will miss the week in week out excitement of the Prem. Even when I stopped going as I was priced out I still looked forward to the games. Great days and we will look back on them as the greatest in out history.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Flummer23

For me, living in Canada, I'll miss seeing them on tv (not that I've particularly enjoyed watching this season).  Once they go down they pretty much disappear off all media here.  If they have a decent FA Cup run, I might see a match or two - other than that, I'll won't see them.  Can't believe how much things have changed since those wonderful moments from the Europa League season.  Sad. Guess I'll have to reacquaint myself with Gentleman Jim on Saturday mornings!
It's a fine line between clever and . . . stupid.  David St. Hubbins

Arthur

I would miss the stadium being full.

If we went straight to the top of the Championship, we would probably retain crowds of around 20,000, which would be fine. Outside of the top spots, however, attendances would decline relative to our position in the table: mid-table mediocrity could quickly see attendances fall below 15,000 - maybe even further. While not as low as the paltry crowds of 20 years ago, the stadium would be half-empty.

A shame if it happens.

Tonywa

I will miss the full houses, but most of all will miss being able to watch some of the greatest players in the world on a regular basis.

Bronaldinho

Amen to what most of you have said, the fans have been great during the Prem season.

Going to be hurt a lot when it's smaller crowds.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

F(f)CUK

Links to away games to view on computer. The time difference between MoTD and the Football League show won't be too tough as we were normally last on anyway. I think, just the excitement of Chelsea one week, Man U the next.

I feel lucky to have witnessed it all though and as for the Europa League that was a high point that we were never going to match.

RidgeRider

I miss Roy, plain and simple. The Europa League nights were awesome. That year, I felt we could take 3 points from anyone if we were on our game. It was magical.

bulgariawhite

We have two mangers that have gone on to manage England, says something for good old Fulham though. Here in Bulgaria will miss the TV coverage. We will need the heart and soul of the club and fans to come back. It is now up to the owner.

YankeeJim

TV, McBride, Murphy (especially that through ball to Kamara), Digger, Roy, Paintsil, Aaron, the Great Escape, Europa & cheering quietly while the rest of the house was asleep.
049:gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

JBH

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: RidgeRider on March 11, 2014, 05:57:27 PM
I miss Roy, plain and simple. The Europa League nights were awesome. That year, I felt we could take 3 points from anyone if we were on our game. It was magical.

This and Jol's first season where we sometimes scored for fun.

HatterDon

Quote from: JBH on March 11, 2014, 07:16:38 PM
What I won't miss is sitting next to the tourists!

Well, that'll probably drop attendance 4-5000 a match there. I'm so pleased for you.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ScalleysDad

Watching the top players was great for a while and as has been said getting one over on the top teams was always a joy. We have had some great players in the white shirt, even in the Pizza Hut one, and there are a few nights I shared with Scalley that will remain etched in my memory bank but ......
us in the Prem since Hamburg has been wretched and I'll not miss it all. I totally brought into the 'Orange is the new black' marketing scam and was royally disappointed. This is the worse Prem for quality and the beautiful game since it was conceived and we are at the bottom of it by a mile not just a few points. If the Academy get the chance to advance and we become a Club again where by wearing the t.shirt you become the topic of conversation because you support everybody's favourite second team then a year or two in the Championship works for me. I'll be at every home game and the away matches down south. I do feel for the fans who can only get the tele pictures I really do but survival this season cannot fix the countless things that are wrong.

epsomraver

Quote from: ScalleysDad on March 11, 2014, 08:06:05 PM
Watching the top players was great for a while and as has been said getting one over on the top teams was always a joy. We have had some great players in the white shirt, even in the Pizza Hut one, and there are a few nights I shared with Scalley that will remain etched in my memory bank but ......
us in the Prem since Hamburg has been wretched and I'll not miss it all. I totally brought into the 'Orange is the new black' marketing scam and was royally disappointed. This is the worse Prem for quality and the beautiful game since it was conceived and we are at the bottom of it by a mile not just a few points. If the Academy get the chance to advance and we become a Club again where by wearing the t.shirt you become the topic of conversation because you support everybody's favourite second team then a year or two in the Championship works for me. I'll be at every home game and the away matches down south. I do feel for the fans who can only get the tele pictures I really do but survival this season cannot fix the countless things that are wrong.

0001.jpeg

Berserker

Glad to think you may still be within sweetie throwing distance next season!!!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on March 11, 2014, 09:05:29 PM

Glad to think you may still be within sweetie throwing distance next season!!!

Tunnocks finest on Saturday but I'm not hurling one all the way over to the Hammy End. Just remembered a things I will miss moment. Juventus Dempsey goal la de dah. Forget all that! The Italians behind us brought in a picnic and the mini calzone was better than ............ well I'm lost for words. Kathryn will miss the Moulin Rouge moment, its her ironing music, if that changes but 'The laughing policeman' does have some sing a long moments.