Main Menu

Questions From Newcastle Fans

Started by YCCMY, March 11, 2014, 02:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodger53

Leek! Our defence leaks but the vegetable is a LEEK

Wingnut

1 – How do you think you'll line up?
Stek, Reither, Heitinga, Hangeland, Riise, Dejagah, Sidwell, Karagounis, Richardson, Bent, Mitroglou

2 – How has Fulham's season gone so far? Happy?
We are certs for relegation. Need I say more.

3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Fulham? Who has disappointed?
I can't think of one single positive from the whole season.

4 – What are your views on the appointment of Felix Magath? Was it right to sack Rene Meulensteen?
Like most, I didn't agree with the sacking of Rene but I do think that Magath could prove to be a good addition if he stays.

5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides?
Sidwell for us, Remy for you.

6 – Where do you think Fulham will finish now?
Bottom.

7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now?
8th.

8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down?
Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton
West Brom, Cardiff, Fulham

9 – Scoreline prediction?
1-2

10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be?
A leek.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

YCCMY

Thanks for the good response, some forums don't bother. I wasn't taking the piss with the questions, although number two is worded poorly on my part, but they are questions used for every match. I didn't really think it would annoy too many. Anyway on to the match, I'm expecting to lose now Remy/Debuchy are out. Ben Arfa is out too and he normally scores against you guys so I guess that's a positive for you. I have been saying for weeks that I think you will stay up and I expect that to start this weekend sadly. Your squad is good and I really rate Magath. I can see you overtaking Norwich in the run in as theirs is horrendous.

If you think i'm being too pessimistic about Newcastle, then I'll leave you with this stat: we haven't scored a goal without Remy on the pitch.

Burt

Thanks for posting YCCMY...

Great to hear that you think we will stay up. Unfortunately you couldn't have seen too many of our matches over the past season and a half!!

If we are going to survive, we do need to start sooner rather than later. It was meant to be last week, so I guess we could kick-start things against you guys instead!

Just out of interest, what is the feeling re Pardew there now?

YCCMY

I think the majority of fans think the Pardew 'headbutt' wasn't as bad as the press made out, but the punishment was probably correct. He was lucky to get off with that punishment though considering the coverage in the papers. Sadly the whole thing probably strengthened his position at the club as he will be in no position to question anything Ashley does as Ashley will point to the support that he was shown by the club. The fans are split on Pardew, due to his very weak persona and being a general yes man, but he is a decent manager and normally gets the side set up well. I'd rather he stayed given that we don't have a clue who the next manager would be and at least we know Pardew's strengths and weaknesses. As you guys are finding out, its sometimes better the devil you know.