watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Questions From Newcastle Fans

Started by YCCMY, March 11, 2014, 02:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YCCMY

Hi, I'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans questions ahead of the match to use as part of our pre match build up. We are grateful to anyone who spends time to help us out, the questions are:

1 – How do you think you'll line up?
2 – How has Fulham's season gone so far? Happy?
3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Fulham? Who has disappointed?
4 – What are your views on the appointment of Felix Magath? Was it right to sack Rene Meulensteen?
5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides?
6 – Where do you think Fulham will finish now?
7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now?
8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down?
9 – Scoreline prediction?
10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be?

Thanks again in advance

King_Crud

Quote2 – How has Fulham's season gone so far? Happy?

Do you even check these questions before posting them?

Ordar

1 – How do you think you'll line up? - No idea as Felix doesnt seem to have a clue of his best line up, nor of what tactics he should be playing. The team most people want us to play is something like:

---------Stekelenburg.......
Reither--Heitinga--Burn--Riise
Dejagah--Kvist--Sidwell--Richardson
-------------Holtby----------
---------Mitroglou----------

2 – How has Fulham's season gone so far? Happy? This season has been nothing short of a disaster, which many of us saw coming when Jol wasnt let go in the summer.
3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Fulham? Who has disappointed? Biggest surprise - Richardson's return to form when played in position. Disappointment - playing staff wise probably Hangeland no longer being able to jump, pass etc. From a club standpoint. Macintosh would be the overwhelming answer
4 – What are your views on the appointment of Felix Magath? Was it right to sack Rene Meulensteen? Personally I dont think things would be much different had Meulensteen had stayed as we produced some dire performances with him in charge. Magath was a last roll of the dice which just hasnt worked. Baffling team selections and tactics
5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides? We have no key players. Remy and Ben Arfa are always dangerous
6 – Where do you think Fulham will finish now? Bottom
7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now? I'll say 8th but I cant say I've looked too much at the top half
8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down? Top 6 Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs Man U. Bottom 3 Palace Cardiff Fulham
9 – Scoreline prediction? 1-3
10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be? A leak....as our defence is just that

JHaynes Paperboy

No.11 Do you think that Alan Pardew will nut anyone on Saturday?

FPT

Stekelenburg
Riether Heitinga Hangeland Riise
Dejagah Parker Sidwell Richardson
Holtby
Mitroglou

Appallingly. 2 wins for each manager we've had this season.

3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Fulham? Who has disappointed?

Steve Sidwell will win our player of the season, which for me sums up our lack of quality. Dan Burn has also done well. Alex Kacaniklic has been very poor.

4 – What are your views on the appointment of Felix Magath? Was it right to sack Rene Meulensteen?

I don't care any more. I don't like Magath so far, we keep lumping the ball forward, his tactical decisions have been odd. I don't think (like others do) that Rene was just beginning to turn it around, what he was doing was chucking 11 men behind the ball and hoping we can score on the counter.

Lewis Holtby for us, Loic Remy for you.

20th.

Top 8 would be a good season, 8th or 9th I think for you.

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Everton

18. Cardiff
19. West Brom
20. Fulham

Fulham 1-2 Newcastle

Spinach.

elgreenio

Stek

Riether
Heitinga
Hangeland
Richardson

Dejagah
Sidwell
Parker
Kacaniklic

Holtby

Mitroglou

2 – How has Fulham's season gone so far? Happy?horrible

3 – Who has been the biggest surprise this season for Fulham? Who has disappointed?biggest surprise has been Sidwell, thought we would let him go every year but he keeps coming back and showign just how average everyone else in the team is. Sascha Riether has massively disappointed this year.

4 – What are your views on the appointment of Felix Magath? Was it right to sack Rene Meulensteen? basically just appointed Jol mk.II, without the potential for a big twinings sponsorship. Meulensteen should never have got the job in the first place but i'd be happier with him in charge as he showed a bit of umph.

5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides? Lewis Holtby if he gets in the game, provides a lot going forward for us. For you, anybody who can head a ball from a corner, probably Coloccini who should bag himself a few.

6 – Where do you think Fulham will finish now? 20th

7 – Where do you think Newcastle will finish now? in that void between 8th and 15th.

8 – Who will finish in the top six? Who will go down? the Top 7 minus Spurs. We'll take WBA and Norwich with us.

9 – Scoreline prediction? Fulham 1-4 Newcastle

10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be?Tomato? trying our hardest to be a football club without actually being one
touch my camera through the fence

Blanco

Hey Newcastle!

1. --------------Stekelenberg--------------

Riether------Heitinga-------Hangeland------Riise

------------Sidwell------------Kvist---------------

Dejagah----------Holtby----------Richardson

------------------Mitroglou---------------------

2. Do you really have to ask? Tragic season. In every way. Going down and deservedly so.

3. The biggest surprise is how bad we've been. Along with the shocking managerial decisions. Most players have been a disappointment. Apart from Holtby and Sidwell. I'm surprised at how good Rochardson had been. Dempsey was a massive disappointed. Darren Bent is sh*t.

4. At first I was fairly happy with the appointment of Felix Magath because I didn't think Rene was good enough to keep us up as he isn't a proper manager. But now I'm not so sure. Magath has the same sort of tactics as Martin Jol. If you can call them tactics. He's saved teams before but I don't think he'll manage it with us.

5. I think Holtby needs to be at his best. If Mitroglou starts he needs to show what he's got and score! Our defense needs to DEFEND! Remy for Newcastle. I think he'll score. He's too good for our poor poor defense. Plus, we always concede. I like Sissoko and Tiote. Good players.

6.I think Fulham will finish bottom or second from bottom.

7.I think Newcastle will finish round about where they are now. They could do much better but after the loss of Cabaye and all this with Pardew I can't see them breaking into the top 7.

8. The top 6 will be City Chelsea Arsenal Liverpool Spurs United. Bottom 6 will be what it is now. Can't put teams in order. Could go any way. Us and Cardiff will go down. Any of the other 4 could drop with us.

9. I think it will be 1-2 to Newcastle. I think that after the embarrassment of Cardiff the defense will play better. That said, it could easily be 1-4. I think Newcastle will win. I had a sneaky feeling Fulham could win but I'm not sure it's possible.

10. Fulham would be a potato. One of them old potatoes you find at the bottom of the pile.

jeremyfulham

Classic94

1 – How do you think you''ll line up?

No idea. I'd like to see: Stekelenberg, Reither, Heitinga, Burn, Riise, Sidwell, Kvist, Dejagah, Holtby, Richardson, Mitroglou

Absolutely abysmal from start to finish.

Sidwell has been our best player by a country mile. Stekelenburg & Richardson have been good, Parker & Kasami have faded, one or two others have shown glimpses, but the vast majority have been an embarrassment. A special mention to Darren Bent who has been a spectacular flop.

Rene was popular but his inexperience told. Magath's appointment was the last throw of the dice and it looks as if we've drawn a blank.

Holtby is influential. Remy & Ben Arfa for you.

Bottom. We lack quality everywhere - particularly in defence. Β 

Top half, maybe 8th.

Top 6: Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Man United.
Bottom 3: Us, Cardiff, West Brom.

1-3. We'll rally for a while but get blown away as usual.

Looking at our defence, I'd have to go with a leek.

SP

We'll use our normal flexible formation, it switches between disorganised & a complete shambles.

bill taylors apprentice

Burt

Hi, welcome to the board, as you can see a bit of a bunker mentality has settled in...

With Stek, Riether, Heitinga, Burn, Riise, Richardson, Sidwell, Kvist, Dejagah, Holtby, the Trog.

Delighted! Our most successful for ages... Seriously, for the last two seasons we have been woeful and we are where we are on merit...

Biggest surprise has been Sidwell. Disappointments too many to mention, but special mention must go to Berbatov and Bent. Riether has disappointed too, relative to his usual high standards.

Rene made an initial impact and then as soon as Wilkins and Curbishley arrived it went pear- shaped. We lost the appetite and attacking philiosophy once more, performances suffered and the results continued to be poor. Shame as I think in time Rene will be a good one, and had we had the luxury of a mid table position and time then he may have been given more of a chance. Too early to tell with Felix, but he hasn't set the world on fire yet.

The Trog owes us some goals in return for the massive transfer fee and the fact that he has been out of shape. Loic Remy for you guys.

If we beat you, and get a result at Villa, then I think we will stay up. But we haven't shown any form going in to this, or anything to suggest that we will pull this off. And we haven't won two games in a row since dinosaurs roamed the earth. So a loss against you will be a case of the lid being firmly placed on the coffin.

Top 10...

Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Utd. In that order.

Us, Cardiff and West Brom to go down.

1-3.

A rotten, stinking, past-it, hard to enjoy turnip.

Thanks again in advance

Deanothefulhamfan

Hi there, and welcome to our board.

Steklenberg, Reither, Heitinga, Hangeland, Richardson, Dejegah, Parker, Sidwell , Kacanikillic, Holtby, Mitroglou...... this is so far from what I would pick, but is what I can see our manager picking.

I am ashamed and embarrassed to beΒ  Fulham supporter this season, both on the field and off the field activities have left our club in a right mess...

Sidwell has been our best player by a country mile, but my biggest surprise has been Richardson looking half decent when playing on the wing... Hangeland has been awful this season, how he still has a spot in our starting 11 is beyond a joke.

Not a fan of Magath in the slightest, when he dropped Holtby against Chelsea I knew we had a bad egg, the sacking of RM was a disgrace, we give him the whole of January to buy his players and then sack him a couple of days later after he get's us playing better football....

5 – Which players do you see being key for both sides? Holtby is the most creative player we have got, Sissoko will brush parker aside with ease....

6 – Where do you think Fulham will finish now? We will be bottom by a good few points

I think you will finish 9th, which I think will be a decent season for you guys

Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Utd, Everton....... Cardiff, west brom, Fulham

9 – Scoreline prediction? 2-3 we always score, but concede more....

10 – If your football club was a vegetable, what vegetable would it be? It has been said before but a leek.... for the obvious reason that our defense can't stop leaking goals...

ffctom_b

Stek, Reither, Heitinga, Hangeland, Riise, Dejagah, Sidwell, Karagounis, Richardson, Holtby, Mitroglou
Rubbish from start to finish, no fight, determination or stability, far from happy
Sidwell scoring goals, Richardson showing glimpses of why he was a Utd, Reither, Hangeland have had poor seasons
Last roll of the dice, Rene should never had got the job in first place, we probably would have been better off letting Kit Symons run the first team, at least we might have shown some fight
Holtby, Richardson for us, hopefully not a long ball style again and some service for the new guy up front. Remy will be key for you.
16th, I still think we can get out of this mess, but is not going to be easy, but for me there are still 3 sides worse than us.
Top 10, probably below Southampton
Top6 six will be in this order, Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Spurs
Norwich, Sunderland and Cardiff to go down
3-2 Fulham, we can't defend so basically me should just go with the attacking mentality of trying to outscore our opponents
You could say leak, but this question is pointless, any vegetable that has been over boiled would suit us as it would be very soft and useless.
twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Β Deano give yourself a good slap .....never be ashamed of FulhamΒ  :54:

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 11, 2014, 08:31:49 PM
Is he taking the piss?

I reckonΒ 

paddyuksw6

Cabbages. I'd describe our team and chief exec as a bunch of cabbages.

Sgt Fulham

Put our players' names in a hat and pick them at random. That's how we will line up.
Very happy, yes. I sure do enjoy spending my whole saturday watching us lose and feeling down as a result.
Surprise has been Sidwell scoring so many. Disappointments from Stekelenburg, Hangeland, Riether, Amorebieta, Boateng...
No, its was a stupid mistake. I dislike Magath.
Holtby our only decent player, Mitroglou the only chance of scoring if he turns up.
20th if im honest.
8th or 9th.
Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd
Fulham 1-4 Newcastle.
Beetroot. Off coloured and soft.

mangoputney

God knows

Utter toilet, please put us out of our misery

Sidwell, Burn & Holtby... Disappointment Stekelenburg (must have a sore back / made of glass) Riise (slow, still suffering from his Liverpool hangover) Riether (can't defend / cut off a cross, petulant mistakes),Β  Hangeland (didn't like how he stalled over his contract, couldn't head a queue, sh*t captain, even sh*tter passer of the ball, shadow of his former self, Parker (blowing out of his arse), Rodellega (he was awful at Wigan, fine example of our terrible transfer policy, truly awful striker), Berbatov (poisonous), Dejagah (flatters to deceive most games), Kaca (new zoolander, can't turn left! weak), Bent (prime example of a prem footballer, ridiculous wages for little outlay or return)

Didn't think RM would have saved us but liked his policy and felt confident that he would bring a youthful challenge to the Championship

Feel for Magath as you can't polish a turd

Holtby our only decent player, Ben Arfa / Remy nailed on too score if they start

20th. Deserved

8th or 9th.

Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd (unfortunately)

Us, Cardiff and West Brom

Fulham 0 - 3 Newcastle.

Watercress

Pathetic, tasteless, used to be top table fayre
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

MOR :

Felix changes the team from game to game. Must say I don't agree with the majority of his choices.

We're deep in the manure...but I'm as happy as a pig in manure because we get to go to different grounds next season.

The biggest surprise was the signing of Wilkins & Curbishley (They should never have been employed in the first place). The disappointmentsΒ  have been Jol, Wilkins, Curbishley, Macintosh, the majority of the playing staff, the price of the beer.

Magath not for me, wrong to sack Renee.

Holtby if Magath picks him. Remy will score but I like Ben Arfa.

Rock bottom where we belong.

Just below Europa League placing.

Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton,Spurs, Man Utd. (Not allowed to put the Filth in).
Norwich, Cardiff and us.

3-1 to Newcastle.

It has to be a leek as we've let in so many goals this season.
Β  Β  Β Β 

Jem

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on March 11, 2014, 03:12:26 PM
No.11 Do you think that Alan Pardew will nut anyone on Saturday?
Er, no. He won't be there! At least he shows some passion.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx