more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This team could keep us up - but from some reason we won't play it

Started by Riverside, March 12, 2014, 01:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverside

Having seen more Fulham matches this season than all 3 of our managers

Based purely on performances on the pitch ( I have not seen any training - what there has been of it )

I would select the following . 4-3-3 . Unexciting but solid .

Stekelenberg

Reither   Heitinga   Hangleland   Riise

Kvist

Sidwell         Karagounis

Dejegah                          Richardson

Mitroglou

Subs : Stockdale , Burn , Holtby ( 60 mins for the tiring Karagounis ) , Parker ( 75 mins for the tiring Kvist ) , Tankovic , Kasami , Bent 

H4usuallysitting

Tonywa

Still has the defensive line-up that's caused so many problems this season

alexbishop

I would agree with that although I don't believe Mitro justifies a place in that side. I would rather go with the prem experience of bent or rodellega. Would be good to find space for Holtby in that team too.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

General

We really shouldn't have sacked Rene - he was just sorting things out. Should have gotten rid of Jol a lot earlier though which would've given Rene more time.

General

P.s. we really can't be chopping and changing the line-up all the bloody time - it's been a nightmare watching players having to get used to one another all the time.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: General on March 12, 2014, 01:35:11 PM
We really shouldn't have sacked Rene - he was just sorting things out. Should have gotten rid of Jol a lot earlier though which would've given Rene more time.

"We really shouldn't have sacked Rene "

Was he actually sacked or did he leave?

I saw that Magath was appointed as Manager but I didn't see that RM was sacked and thought that was because he wasn't 'Manager' but 'Head coach'. I assumed that he wasn't willing to stay on just in that role?

bulgariawhite

I think you will find that Magath wanted his own backroom team regarding the 1st team. Meaning Rene would be relegated to U21' &U18's. Something his pride couldn't possibly accept

God The Mechanic

Quote from: bulgariawhite on March 12, 2014, 01:59:10 PM
I think you will find that Magath wanted his own backroom team regarding the 1st team. Meaning Rene would be relegated to U21' &U18's. Something his pride couldn't possibly accept

I imagine his immediate outburst on the Friday night made it near impossible for him to remain long term.

Deanothefulhamfan

Hangeland has been poor all season.... Burn should be playing.... Heitinga is not great eother but we have literally no other choice.

I would like kvist and kara in the team, but Holtby has to play....

JBH

That team will not keep us up as Riise is still in it and he has been appalling all season

the nutflush

Im so over seeing different lineups with the same mugs shuffled around.  Just face it.  We have a shockingly bad squad.  We are on the bottom and that's where we deserve to be with the "resources" we have.

F(f)CUK

Quote from: General on March 12, 2014, 01:35:52 PM
P.s. we really can't be chopping and changing the line-up all the bloody time - it's been a nightmare watching players having to get used to one another all the time.
:plus one:

Buffalo76

Quote from: JBH on March 12, 2014, 04:32:22 PM
That team will not keep us up as Riise is still in it and he has been appalling all season

He's been pretty much appalling since he joined us. A shadow of the player he was at Liverpool. Hopefully he won't be here next season.

terryr

Quote from: Riverside on March 12, 2014, 01:11:22 PM
Having seen more Fulham matches this season than all 3 of our managers

Based purely on performances on the pitch ( I have not seen any training - what there has been of it )

I would select the following . 4-3-3 . Unexciting but solid .

Stekelenberg

Reither   Heitinga   Hangleland   Riise

Kvist

Sidwell         Karagounis

Dejegah                          Richardson

Mitroglou

Subs : Stockdale , Burn , Holtby ( 60 mins for the tiring Karagounis ) , Parker ( 75 mins for the tiring Kvist ) , Tankovic , Kasami , Bent 

How can you leave Holtby out??????

Black, White and Fred

Stek
Reither, Heitinga, Burn, Rise,
Dejegah, Kvist, Sidwell, Richardson,
Holtby,
Mitroglou/Woodrow

Woodrow can hold the ball up, has plenty of running and can finish. Even if he is just holding up and feeding Holtby that could work.
I don't think you can really judge him by his debut due to being played with Mitroglou instead of in his place.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Fulhampete

What good does 'what we should have done' matter? The fact is we didn't. We are going down and deserve to. The whole scenario has been a complete disaster and the big question has to be 'can we arrest this slide'?
If things don't change, drastically, then there is only one way will go.