News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would a convincing win on Saturday change your mind?

Started by Blanco, March 12, 2014, 04:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

If we put in a good performance against Newcastle and win, however unlikely that may be, would it make you think twice about us going down?

PokerMatt

I wouldn't say it would change my mind (as in I still firmly think we're doomed) but it would definitely rekindle some hope.

Whether that's a good thing or not I'm not sure. I can't take much more hope.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

FPT

No. Small belief would come back, but then we'd lose (get hammered) at City, then lose at home to Everton and it's back to square one...

Lighthouse

Not in the slightest. But it would be good just to ease the consistant feeling of doom and gloom around the club/ Would be nice to go down on the back of a few hopeful performances. Right now we have nothing to look forward to after relegation but another season of struggle. Been there, done that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Admin

A convincing win and a cheeky draw against City then maybe.

mangoputney

Nope. Out last 67 games, 12/13 season and 13/14 so far we've lost 37 drawn 13??????? and won 17... 50% loss rate for a reason and it's not going to change in 9 games

Embarrassing to think QPR went down with 21 losses...
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

valdeingruo

The only way I will believe now is after the final whistle against Crystal Palace and it reflects us staying up. In which case I will be looking for the address of at least one club's office to apologize for robbing them.  I for one am usually pretty optimistic, but after Cardiff and the past season and a half of performances, it would truly be robbery to stay up.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

mangoputney

Quote from: andersons11 on March 12, 2014, 05:36:42 PM
The only way I will believe now is after the final whistle against Crystal Palace and it reflects us staying up. In which case I will be looking for the address of at least one club's office to apologize for robbing them.  I for one am usually pretty optimistic, but after Cardiff and the past season and a half of performances, it would truly be robbery to stay up.

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

bill taylors apprentice

We don't need a "convincing win" we need a win of any kind. 

jeremyfulham

Call it blind faith but I won't believe we are down until it is mathematically impossible for us to survive ...even then I will hope teams above us are deducted points in the close season !!! COYW

ron

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 12, 2014, 09:21:21 PM
We don't need a "convincing win" we need a win of any kind. 

....and then again and again and again.......and again.

Deanothefulhamfan

Not for me, if anything it will just allow Felix to pick the players who have got us in this mess. This would be the greatest escape of any premier league team if we were to stay up. Something our passionless players are not capable of.

I would rather be down in the next 4 games, so we could play our youth and start preparing for next season, then to be relegated with two games to go.

Admin

Flip me! The guy has had 3 games! 333333333 Gammmmes! and everyone is on his back already, Jesus. Last time I looked, this guy had a specialty of getting teams out of relegation trouble, not once, not twice, but 3 bloody times.

I remember Roy not doing to well when he first came in, in fact, I thought he was utter pants and couldn't believe the appointment. After keeping us up, he was God, and I'm sure Felix will be if he does exactly the same. 

I think a lot of you need to realise the cold hard truth here, that we as a team this season are really poor, a lot more poor than Felix possibly thought, and it is he who is thinking what the hell has he got himself into, not the other way around.

like someone said today, not even José Mourinho could turn this pile of poop around.   

Lighthouse

Wait a minute. We may be a crap team with awful players. But bringing in a new manager who makes the decisions this manager has over the three matches he has been in charge. I think the fans have every right to question the sanity of the situation. A kid making his debut alongside a player making his first start in the biggest game of the season.

Sorry but after three matches and after three very odd looking teams. I despair at this miracle worker.

Admin

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 12, 2014, 11:48:49 PM
Wait a minute. We may be a crap team with awful players. But bringing in a new manager who makes the decisions this manager has over the three matches he has been in charge. I think the fans have every right to question the sanity of the situation. A kid making his debut alongside a player making his first start in the biggest game of the season.

Sorry but after three matches and after three very odd looking teams. I despair at this miracle worker.

But if it was Rene', he'd of been hailed a hero, a manager that wants to bleed in the "Youth" and no one would have said a dicky-bird, even if we did get stuffed 3-1, we'd have been unlucky, or gone down to another heroic defeat.

I'm sorry Lighthouse, we don't cross sword hardly, we share the same type of views on this form, but I'm in the Felix corner, he doesn't become that type of manager over night. He may have got it wrong, but at least he admits we're poop. 

Lighthouse

We are not crossing swords now Admin. I just don't think our new man has made the best decisions in the short time he has been here. My sword is firmly kept by my side because with all the slashing it has done in the last few seasons, frankly it is a bit blunt now.

Admin

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 13, 2014, 12:13:46 AM
We are not crossing swords now Admin. I just don't think our new man has made the best decisions in the short time he has been here. My sword is firmly kept by my side because with all the slashing it has done in the last few seasons, frankly it is a bit blunt now.

Plus people will think we're on about something else, blunt, slashing it about, firmly by your side  :54:

I don't know, I agree with you he's got it wrong, but the other day against Cardiff he had a look of disbelief about him, as if he'd never seen anything like us before. I honestly believe he didn't realise how poor we were when coming to Fulham, and that Cardiff game hit it home.

Barrett487

We're six points from Palace and nine games to go, it isn't impossible, however i reckon we need to see a spark of form and intent in order to be positive.

Why Palace? My thinking is that Sunderland have games in hand and have looked good, so i reckon they'll escape, West Brom and Cardiff look dodgy (but both took major points from us recently) and Norwich's form yo-yo's. I think Palace are the target.

A Toon spankin' would be just what the doctor ordered..... holds breath.....  049:gif coyw