more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I miss Rene and I dislike our owner

Started by The Rock, March 12, 2014, 11:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronaldinho

@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

6-0 Hull
4-1 Sunderland
3-0 Southampton
1-1 & 0-1 vs current Semi Finalist Sheff Utd

Rene was brilliant!

fulhamrover

Rene was just an idealist. He was an affable character but never struck me as a leader. What we need is someone like Francis Underwood - ruthless, effective and cunning. I believe we have that in Magath and that we will be fine if not this season then the next.

Craving the cottage

I think Magath is the sort to get the best out of players, and if anything just making sure they fight for the shirt. I don't think we had that in Jol or Rene.....

clanky

I have to agree with ' The Rock' with his first comment.

We were struggling under Rene but showed great promise and fight in the Man U and Liverpool games.

To change horses in mid stream with a manager unused to the English premiership, have little time to know his new team, dictate tactics etc. is somewhat bizarre.

As Rocks says, we'll support them whatever division we are in, will be there on Saturday, still have a glimmer of hope that we will do another Fulham-ish escape, but worry that once we are down will struggle to attract decent players and/or get back up. The championship is a more gutsy, physical affair which does not suit us !!

COYW-ish

simplyfulham

RE: the Khan V Mackintosh as the bad guy.

Check all the facts over carefully.

- Khan is the absentee owner with very little knowledge of football clubs, football or it's economics.
- Alistair Mackintosh is the long reigning MD of the club, and not to mention his experience with Man City too.

-----

One of the phrases Khan keeps repeating, is how he will let the people in day to day charge of the club get on with their jobs. He will give people the power and the money where it's needed and give them the responsibility and hold them accountable.

Mackintosh has undoubtably been the driving force behind many of the decisions, Khan will hold him accountable as the most senior member of staff below Khan.

Mackintosh probably made a business decision - always risky in football - to sack Rene and emplace a manager with slightly better odds at avoiding relegation, knowing full well that the fate of the club this year would be a result of decisions he has, and has not made.

Has some of Mackintosh's decision making been at fault for this season? Probably yes.

Are Khan's methods valid? Well maybe, I guess it depends on his intent.  

-----

My view, Khan is protecting Fulham as he would a business interest. Football clubs don't work like that. They are nearly organic and need to be tended to with close care and appreciation as a gardner to an orchid, as Al Fayed once did.

Too many managerial changes with short term future in mind while long term goals, stability and identity being sacrificed.

Rene should have been left in charge.

rusty shackleford

I havent watched any of Magaths pre or post match videos since the first couple. I just cant warm to the guy at all

premFlem

I hope Shahid will have learned a important lesson.... Footballiing decisions should be made by footballing people not accountants.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

terryr

Quote from: BlaWhiArmyyyyyy on March 13, 2014, 02:54:04 PM
6-0 Hull
4-1 Sunderland
3-0 Southampton
1-1 & 0-1 vs current Semi Finalist Sheff Utd

Rene was brilliant!
Agreed
Amazing how some people have rewritten history.
Rene was just a different public style to Jol so people started to feel better.
The results were terrible and we were NOT making progress regardless of what people " remember". The results speak for themselves.

terryr

Quote from: simplyfulham on March 13, 2014, 05:14:09 PM

- Khan is the absentee owner with very little knowledge of football clubs, football or it's economics.
- Alistair Mackintosh is the long reigning MD of the club, and not to mention his experience with Man City too.

-----

One of the phrases Khan keeps repeating, is how he will let the people in day to day charge of the club get on with their jobs. He will give people the power and the money where it's needed and give them the responsibility and hold them accountable.

Mackintosh has undoubtably been the driving force behind many of the decisions, Khan will hold him accountable as the most senior member of staff below Khan.

Mackintosh probably made a business decision - always risky in football - to sack Rene and emplace a manager with slightly better odds at avoiding relegation, knowing full well that the fate of the club this year would be a result of decisions he has, and has not made.

Has some of Mackintosh's decision making been at fault for this season? Probably yes.

-----

My view, Khan is protecting Fulham as he would a business interest. Football clubs don't work like that. They are nearly organic and need to be tended to with close care and appreciation as a gardner to an orchid, as Al Fayed once did.

Too many managerial changes with short term future in mind while long term goals, stability and identity being sacrificed.

The decision to sack Rene was made because he kept losing.
No results
If he had stayed we would have not had a chance. Actually he continued the downward spiral but just put a "friendly face" on it.
Face it he wasn't up to the job.
I suppose 6-0 to Hull was the current manager's fault? Was it JOL's?

MikeW

Rene's press conferences were good though ....
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on March 12, 2014, 11:33:13 PM
I think Khan has been really badly advised from Mckintosh.... he threw money at us when we needed it, but Mckintosh wanted rid of RM and Felix in, and that was that....

We showed fight and passion under RM, and I am convinced we would have had a fighting chance of staying up. The dismassal of RM has never left me more ashamed to be a Fulham fan.

The good thing is we go down, Mckintosh is almost certain to go..... Least it will give the fulham fans something to cheer

Sorry but I seem to have missed the evidence that Mackintosh has any more say than any other director (possibly less) and that the struicture of the club has changed so that the owner Khan isn't the one making the decision.

Can anyone point to such evidence?

Quote from: Dodger53 on March 13, 2014, 12:13:30 PM
Didnt AM take the 'credit' for the January coming and goings?

I cannot remember any club statement starting; the board have..

What do the Board of Directors know about 'Soccer'? The official website list 2 Directors; one came from Tennis and the other American Football!

As far as I remember Khan thanked AM for getting the players in which I take, as with the transfers in the summer, that the CEO did his job with the negotiations for the targets agreed by the directors.

Quote from: simplyfulham on March 13, 2014, 05:14:09 PM

-----

-----

You start by saying "Check all the facts over carefully" but then make the statement "Mackintosh has undoubtably been the driving force behind many of the decisions", a statement for which you and others provide no evidence at all.

If Khan has left the footballing decision in the hands of the CEO whose qualifications are in accounting and skills are in business then that would be a foolish decision.

The Rock

Yes Ally Mac is to blame as well. Without a doubt. A sub-product that Kahn doesn't quite get the plot.

Yes my facts may be off a tad on the % basis of performances so far under Magath. It's only been a few games.

Yes Magath deserves a chance.

Yes all the recent managers and coaches have all done poorly, and that is telling.

I am just saying we looked best this season under RM AFTER the transfer window from his last few games (which still wasn't great). I also dislike the situation the club has been put in and I dislike Magath for claiming we'll beat Chelsea or "we'll stay up guaranteed" which is to be nice "over-promising" and not so nice "lying". Maybe I mince words a bit there, but that's basically what he said. The performances under him have been poor adding insult to injury.

nose

we don't know how rene would have done in the long run i do not accept he failed in any way, from where he started it took a while to turn it round... roy took absolutely ages to get his team playing and even then it was largely a fluke... roy never wanted to play kamara and was forced too at man city..... roy's error could have seen us relegated... the sacking of rene was a mega error, i think he had finally got the team playing with his own players..... felix is a mistake, not because he isn't a good manager, his record suggests otherwise but because it was too late in the day.

The board are too blame if we are to believe mr khan, he lets the managers manage, therefore it is the board and therefore AM faults that are to balme for this season!

Deanothefulhamfan

I still maintain, that RM could have saved us.... we did show fight and passion, which is exactly what is needed to stay up.

With his OWN players, we drew away at united, and then outplayed Liverpool but unfortunately lost due to a last minute penalty. We would have got more points than Magath got in his 3 games of that I am certain.

My biggest problem with the sacking was the timing of it.... They give him the whole month to buy players, of which most were bought in at the last minute ( terrible from AM ) and then sack him a couple of games later.... At least sack him earlier, get Magath in and let him pick his players. Now Magath has come in and is still picking the players that got us in this mess... I have zero faith in Magath but had some faith in RM, if anything we would have been better prepared for the championship under him.

WayneKerrins

The idea that Mack is paid 800k by a fella in Florida who has multiple and bigger businesses to just take orders is risible.
Khan made it clear up front that he empowers his execs (CEO is a bit of a clue..) and then holds them accountable. He's empowered Mac who has screwed up royally and we won't see the buffoon for dust come the season's end.
Doesn't mean that Khan can carry some of the can as well, but the idea that Mac is a mere middle 'yes' man is ridiculous.

Quote from: WayneKerrins on March 14, 2014, 12:56:47 AM
The idea that Mack is paid 800k by a fella in Florida who has multiple and bigger businesses to just take orders is risible.
Khan made it clear up front that he empowers his execs (CEO is a bit of a clue..) and then holds them accountable. He's empowered Mac who has screwed up royally and we won't see the buffoon for dust come the season's end.
Doesn't mean that Khan can carry some of the can as well, but the idea that Mac is a mere middle 'yes' man is ridiculous.

Alistair Mackintosh gets paid whatever sum to manage the business side. The manager gets paid even more to run the footballing side.

And £800k is probably the salary of the lowest ranking squad player so it is hardly going to register on the Fulham FC budget.

By your logic (and those others with similar views) AM would have been sacked along with Rene because it was clear by then that he had appointed two failed managers and bought a load of hopeless loanees, aged players and crocks. If Khan couldn't see that AM was the problem then I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Mackintosh to be sacked in the summer.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

If not Ali Mac, then maybe this is the clown who's been behind all the brilliant decisions this year.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/-/media/Chairman/mark-lamping2.jpg?w=300&h=400

He's done a wonderful job as president of the Jacksonville Jaguars, the worst team in American football. Why the hell is a guy who's background consists of being a marketing executive with Anheuser-Busch and president of a baseball team qualified to serve as a director at Fulham? He has absolutely 0 knowledge of football and 0 experience in the EPL. It's just him, Ali Mac, and the finance guy on the board. So if he's not involved in any decisions (which he shouldn't be based on his background) what the F*** is he doing on the board of directors.