watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I miss Rene and I dislike our owner

Started by The Rock, March 12, 2014, 11:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Team looked the best this year under Rene even when it wasn't his team to start with.

Our clueless owner brought in - errr - a good German manager who's got 1 point from 3 games - a worse return than Jol and RM so far. Time will tell whether he can really do the biz, but not looking great. And the games weren't against Utd and L'pool either.

I will not support any other team - Ever. But I dislike our owner and I dislike the way the way the future of the club is going.

Thankfully, I am not going to loose money or prestige over it, but Kahn will. Shape up or sell the club to someone who has a clue Shaka Kahn.

FPT

Felix Magath was Alistair Mackintosh's proposal. I was close to not even bothering replying, but there you go.

Deanothefulhamfan

I think Khan has been really badly advised from Mckintosh.... he threw money at us when we needed it, but Mckintosh wanted rid of RM and Felix in, and that was that....

We showed fight and passion under RM, and I am convinced we would have had a fighting chance of staying up. The dismassal of RM has never left me more ashamed to be a Fulham fan.

The good thing is we go down, Mckintosh is almost certain to go..... Least it will give the fulham fans something to cheer

Admin

"1 point from 3 games - a worse return than Jol and RM so far"

Errm, I though we went 10 games with Rene' winning 1 game, and it was the same sort of form with Jol. If Felix got us a point against Newcastle on Saturday, he's already bettered both.

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I wonder if Macintosh is advising Khan re: the Jaguars. They're utter crap as well.

Lighthouse

The frustration of watching our club go from one disaster to another is heart breaking. I agree that our new manager shows all the signs of a new manager who has no idea what the hell he is supposed to do with the team. Very much like Jol did when he stuttered from one match to the next. Rene for all his faults seemed to have some sort of idea and even if we went down I had hope we were at least going to go in the Championship with a manager who knows how to build again.

But I am just fed up with the way we have not only shot ourselves once, but repeatedly. I think our new owner is as puzzled as we are why Mackintosh has made the decisions he has. I have little excitement about watching us play now, just like I felt under Jol. I have no faith we know what we are doing once we go down. Madness how our club has allowed this to happen.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

If three managers, two of them very experienced managers, and one an experienced coach, have similar, very poor, results, does that not maybe tell us that our current plight is not the fault of whoever is manager.

Jol was successful in his first season at Fulham, but then key players were sold with no proper replacements. Magath has only just arrived, and it seems unfair to judge him yet, when his task is so difficult given our form up until his arrival.

Rene's record was terrible, though the last two performances under him were encouraging, but by then it had already been decided to sack him in a last gamble to retain Prem status - and we don't know whose decision it was to do this, and to bring Felix in.

Lighthouse

Do we really not know whose decision it was to sack Rene? Is the owner living in another Country really not going to take advice from the man at the ground who is supposed to know the ins and out s of the game. The decision may always be down to the owner but he is taking the advice of the so called expert. As our MD has been the one consistant in these awful few seasons I think our MD is the advice giver.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Yes, maybe, I don't know - presumably khan was desperate to protect his investment , and results under Rene were terrible.

But my main point was - similar poor results under three different managers, though Magath could still come good, indicates the problem with Fulham is not the manager.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 13, 2014, 12:08:27 AM
Do we really not know whose decision it was to sack Rene?

We really, really don't know and for me that's half the problem.

Khan may be a simpleton who didn't do due diligence and Mackintosh may be the supreme leader but I personally doubt both of those propositions.

AM may be giving good or bad advice and it may or may not be accepted. Khan may delegate everything to him or he may be constantly involved.

What we do know is that the decision making this season has been truly dreadful and has to improve massively before we're able to dig ourselves out of this hole.

Under MAF, AM would have been one of several advisers but the decisions would have been made by MAF and AM largely the implementer. Of that I'm sure. Now there seems to me to be a vacuum.

jj____

Yeah it was real fun losing 6-0 to Hull

terryr

Quote from: The Rock on March 12, 2014, 11:14:54 PM
Team looked the best this year under Rene even when it wasn't his team to start with.

Our clueless owner brought in - errr - a good German manager who's got 1 point from 3 games - a worse return than Jol and RM so far. Time will tell whether he can really do the biz, but not looking great. And the games weren't against Utd and L'pool either.

I will not support any other team - Ever. But I dislike our owner and I dislike the way the way the future of the club is going.

Thankfully, I am not going to loose money or prestige over it, but Kahn will. Shape up or sell the club to someone who has a clue Shaka Kahn.
Hull 6....Fulham 0
No the team didn't look best under Rene

Deanothefulhamfan

In truth he did have some shocking results, BUT why give him the whole of January to buy the players he wanted, and then sack him.... Also we looked much more of a team under the players he brought in, and I can safely say that we would not have had the same shocking results as we did when he was working with Jol's team.

Dodger53

The advice given in the 'don't look a gift horse in the mouth...' proverb is: when receiving a gift be grateful for what it is; don't wished for more by assessing its value.

AM took Jols advice and brought in Rene. Because he then got rid of Jol he couldnt see that by chance he had a good new coach/manager. Instead of being grateful he went looking for more and it has backfired.

AM is the root of our problems and Khan has to get rid of him asap and then we can move on. Up or down but with a club we can be proud of again.

GloucesterWhite

The people who run the club are the directors. I don't know whether Mackintosh is a director, if so he and the others share the blame. If Mackintosh is not a director then he is effectively middle management and is following orders.

Anyone who thinks a business the size of Fulham FC is run by one man is in cloud cuckoo land.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on March 13, 2014, 11:46:53 AM
The people who run the club are the directors. I don't know whether Mackintosh is a director, if so he and the others share the blame. If Mackintosh is not a director then he is effectively middle management and is following orders.

Anyone who thinks a business the size of Fulham FC is run by one man is in cloud cuckoo land.

The club is owned by one man.

We don't know how much decision making is delegated by him and what powers others have.

It's a senseless argument because we don't know and we don't know because we're not being told.

Running the club involves multiple matters of differing importance. Hiring and firing managers would be right at the top but how much Khan delegates or takes advice on such matters is unknown.

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 13, 2014, 11:55:45 AM
Quote from: GloucesterWhite on March 13, 2014, 11:46:53 AM

The club is owned by one man.

We don't know how much decision making is delegated by him and what powers others have.

It's a senseless argument because we don't know and we don't know because we're not being told.

Running the club involves multiple matters of differing importance. Hiring and firing managers would be right at the top but how much Khan delegates or takes advice on such matters is unknown.

Agreed. But so many on this board blame Mackintosh for everything. Not every club will be run in the same way, but my uncle was a director of Watford for many years (he's dead now) and the directors there were very 'hands on'. He even went scouting for new players and all the directors were involved in deciding who to buy and sell. That club had a General Manager (CEO is just a sexier title) who was in charge of the day to day running of the club, but he took direction from those above him. Those who think Mackintosh had control are wide of the mark.

Dodger53

Didnt AM take the 'credit' for the January coming and goings?

I cannot remember any club statement starting; the board have..

What do the Board of Directors know about 'Soccer'? The official website list 2 Directors; one came from Tennis and the other American Football!

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: Dodger53 on March 13, 2014, 12:13:30 PM
Didnt AM take the 'credit' for the January coming and goings?

I cannot remember any club statement starting; the board have..

What do the Board of Directors know about 'Soccer'? The official website list 2 Directors; one came from Tennis and the other American Football!

Then there lies the problem... In the past we had the Muddymans and others who knew what they were doing. Khan needs to appoint directors who know football and how to run a club.

TonyGilroy

Of course the Muddymans insisted on bringing Jimmy Hill on board.

Khan may be the blind leading the blind or he may be taking advice from all sorts of people, directors or not.

However it's being run it's clearly not working and addressing that should have the highest priority. Whether AM is the arch villain or is tearing his hair out as his advice is ignored is unknown. Probably somewhere in between.