watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reasons to be Cheerful Part 2

Started by Berserker, March 13, 2014, 06:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

OK well I admit Fulham FC have made me very sad this season. So what things apart from Fulham make you feel it's worth being alive, and sod the club and it's football malfunction this year.

Mine was walking in the countryside the other day feeling the first warmth and sunshine of Spring on my face. The smell of the plants and early flowers coming alive again after the winter. The birds singing and looking for other birds to have chicks with, the frogs back in the pond. The Kite circling just over my head by the wishing tree near Silbury Hill.

Everything is waking up again

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

King_Crud

good thread, mine is the impending cricket season. Playing cricket is bar far my favorite pastime, and I love England in the summer when cricket is involved

The Rock

Got some good party times with good friends coming up at Jazz Fest in New Orleans when we get relegated in late April.

Also, Khan didn't get to being the 469th richest person in the world by making bad business decisions - I do think we'll be turning the corner sooner rather than later.

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Berserker on March 13, 2014, 06:41:39 PM
OK well I admit Fulham FC have made me very sad this season. So what things apart from Fulham make you feel it's worth being alive, and sod the club and it's football malfunction this year.

Mine was walking in the countryside the other day feeling the first warmth and sunshine of Spring on my face. The smell of the plants and early flowers coming alive again after the winter. The birds singing and looking for other birds to have chicks with, the frogs back in the pond. The Kite circling just over my head by the wishing tree near Silbury Hill.

Everything is waking up again

Subsitute football malfunction and replace with wardrobe malfunction a la Janet Jackson. Whether we stay up of go down, hopefully we'll get the tits out..

MOR :

Sorry Berseker but I truly look forward to seeing Fulham in the Championship...that and the World Cup will keep me going over the summer...

Fulhampete

So football does mean as much to you...........

YankeeJim

Though retired, I still work part time in a town in Ventura County about 5 miles from the beach. I got there last Friday and the tulips planted around the walkway have bloomed. Quite nice. You just have to love southern California weather. The missus and I are heading to Panama later this month. I'm pretty sure the Veterans Administration is going to increase my disability pension retroactive almost two years back. That will pay for Panama and some of those 69 expensive tees. The sun is shinning and the cat that got out came home before the coyotes could get her. I found a new craft ale called Wing Walker that will get me to the fall when The Boston Brewing Company comes back out with their Oktoberfest. I was able to withdraw enough from my retirement funds to live off of and the total still went up after taxes. No small feat in a land run by idiots.

All in all, with the exception of Fulham, life is good.  0001.jpeg
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Fulhampete

Admin

Having the pleasure of sacking a plastic smug Manc this week.

Blanco

Fulham seems to be my life at the moment to be honest. Maybe a bit sad.

My brothers getting married in June. Theres that too look forward too. Plus theres the world cup.

Burt

Looking forward to being able to potter around in my garden again, and firing up the old BBQ.

Also looking forward to coming from home whilst it is still light.

And having a pint in the garden at Marneys without freezing my nadgers off...

I'm easily pleased, me :)

Lighthouse

Ner I have nothing.

This dark empty place is full of sadness and decay. The need to cry out to the heavens to end this suffering will fall again on deaf ears. Day after day of hollow, creeping lonliness. I have but one reason to be chearful. I am one day, one step nearer the end of my existence.

Oh well let's hope for a good game Saturday. COYW
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

God The Mechanic

jarv

Mrs B. reasons to be cheerful, part 3...wasn't that an Ian Drury song. Good one too. :008:

YankeeJim

Quote from: Fulhampete on March 13, 2014, 10:43:48 PM
Well whoopee do.

Perhaps you missed the name & intent of the thread.
Something MUST make you happy.
If not, you have my sympathy.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

HatterDon

Music: The Tim and Bob Show as well as Sellers and Hymel allow me to perform and pick up some handy spare change.
Writing: I have a puppet show and a mystery to write this summer.
Family: I continue to be the luckiest man I have ever met. Those who met the Memsahib when we visited Old Blighty will know why.
Fulham: It doesn't matter that we'll be beginning next season in the Championship. The club is in my blood and I'll be supporting them as strongly as I ever have.
Facebook: It allows me to keep up with Fulham Friends in Europe, North America, South America, Australia, Africa, and Asia.

Fulham's impending relegation is sad but not the end of the world. It was only a matter of time until Fulham was relegated. We have the opportunity to turn things around this summer. We'll see, but even if next season results in another relegation, I'll still be Fulham, and that's not a bad thing to be.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SG

Quote from: King_Crud on March 13, 2014, 06:46:41 PM
good thread, mine is the impending cricket season. Playing cricket is bar far my favorite pastime, and I love England in the summer when cricket is involved
Likewise - winter nets have started, we cut the square for the first time this week and it has dried out sufficiently so that we can start pre season rolling. Some light relief from the football

GloucesterWhite

My daughter has just returned from Afghanistan. That's over one year of her life she has spent in that Godforsaken place and hopefully she won't be going back.

Sniffer

I love riding my mountain bike over the local woods - going to try and get down to Wales soon to explore some new trails.

Fulham FC will survive to live another day.
"Numquam Cede"

Me-ate-Live, innit??

The possibility of  27 points COYW's

.............................. and  tomorrow,  a sunny day at The Cottage  is always a reason to be cheerful.