watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Senderos has just scored!

Started by Jags, March 13, 2014, 07:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jags

This just puts the icing on the cake for the season we've had to endure. Valencia now winning 3-0 in the Europa League. The likes of Senderos, Ruiz & Taarabt plying their trade with top European clubs & hats off to them in taking their chances. Just wish some of that luck would have rubbed off for us when we had them.

Blanco

ToodlesMcToot

I liked Senderos but, even when we were playing fairly well defensively, when he was playing he was always good for one or two "Oh no!" moments.

Great for him finding success with Valencia and for Taarabt and Ruiz for their successes. I'm happy for them.

For whatever reason though, neither was able to consistently show well for Fulham.....and at the end of each week, that's what counts most. Perhaps our next manager will be able to maximize Ruiz in this league or get him sold for close to what we paid for him.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on March 13, 2014, 08:54:40 PM
I liked Senderos but, even when we were playing fairly well defensively, when he was playing he was always good for one or two "Oh no!" moments.

Great for him finding success with Valencia and for Taarabt and Ruiz for their successes. I'm happy for them.

For whatever reason though, neither was able to consistently show well for Fulham.....and at the end of each week, that's what counts most. Perhaps our next manager will be able to maximize Ruiz in this league or get him sold for close to what we paid for him.

Please let the guy be sold. It would be best for both parties.

Fulhampete

So the incompetent idiot continues to prove all the people who wrote him off as morons. Well done, who would really continue to claim he has nothing to offer. Compared to our apology of a defence he is another Bobby Moore. Mind you he didn't look right. Well done the fascists who forced his leaving.

Pluto

Wish we still had him. He'd never give up the fight that's for certain.

ChesterTheTabby

Berbatov just scored for Monaco and also got them the penalty..
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

FPT

I felt like the only person supporting Big Phil last season, as people seemed so content of having their noses so far up the regressing Aaron Hughes. Although he had his moments, he was our best passer of the football, and when he wasn't having a moment, was a good defend. I always pondered on whether he wasn't "angry enough," he didn't seem to have that aggression (and I don't mean like Shawcross/Huth) but there's a visible difference and that aggression between Brede and Big Phil.

I'm happy he scored, I appreciated his efforts for the club. Lest we forget he was a Roy Hodgson signing, I'd love to see how good he would be in a Roy side...

HatterDon

Quote from: FPT on March 14, 2014, 01:45:24 AM
I felt like the only person supporting Big Phil last season, as people seemed so content of having their noses so far up the regressing Aaron Hughes. Although he had his moments, he was our best passer of the football, and when he wasn't having a moment, was a good defend. I always pondered on whether he wasn't "angry enough," he didn't seem to have that aggression (and I don't mean like Shawcross/Huth) but there's a visible difference and that aggression between Brede and Big Phil.

I'm happy he scored, I appreciated his efforts for the club. Lest we forget he was a Roy Hodgson signing, I'd love to see how good he would be in a Roy side...

No, I supported Big Phil also. The difference between you [and the other Senderos supporters on here] and me is that I supported him without feeling like I was required to trash Aaron Hughes in the process. Honestly, you guys remind me of the 18 year old girls I first met in England in 1966 who if they liked the Beatles had nothing good to say about the Rolling Stones and vice versa. Childish.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Macedo

Quote from: HatterDon on March 14, 2014, 02:32:00 AM

No, I supported Big Phil also. The difference between you [and the other Senderos supporters on here] and me is that I supported him without feeling like I was required to trash Aaron Hughes in the process. Honestly, you guys remind me of the 18 year old girls I first met in England in 1966 who if they liked the Beatles had nothing good to say about the Rolling Stones and vice versa. Childish.

Brill...

Snibbo

Good on him. More passion than half of the current team put together.

FPT

The reason I pushed for Big Phil, was because I could see Hughes deteriorating. I don't see how that's trashing him? It seemed to take people an extra 6 months to see that. They play in the same position, if I feel one is better, because the other has gotten worse, what's the problem? Whenever I put Phil in my line ups, it would be met with the "Oh Phil is a liability" when even though he had more "moments" than Aaron Hughes, Hughes was the one playing a detrimental affect on the side, he didn't make mistakes, but was just growing poor. It's not coincidence why Hughes is at QPR and Senderos is at Valencia.

Guess I can't say I prefer Hugo to Bent because that means I am trashing Darren Bent and having nothing good to say about him.

People in glass houses mate, can't even have a discussion about one player being better than the other without being branded as one sided. Jesus.

Rudolph

Scored yesterday in a 0-3 win away in the Europa League.  When you see the woeful effort being put in by Hangeland, it makes you think that the younger defender should have been retained and the "old wood" should have been cut adrift.

Rudolph

Yikes, didn't see this thread.  Mods feel free to merge!

ToodlesMcToot

Well, I guess one could look at Big Phil's goal in the Europa and wax nostalgic about his time here and "what if" themselves into a depression. But, one could also ask themselves: "Who the hell is Ludogorets?!!"

ToodlesMcToot

A show of hands please? Who in this forum knows the name of a single player on Ludogorets' team? ......without looking first, of course.

Now who even knew this the name of a football club and not a brand of throat lozenge?

terryr

Quote from: Fulhampete on March 13, 2014, 10:14:55 PM
So the incompetent idiot continues to prove all the people who wrote him off as morons. Well done, who would really continue to claim he has nothing to offer. Compared to our apology of a defence he is another Bobby Moore. Mind you he didn't look right. Well done the fascists who forced his leaving.
Give me a break. I for one don't miss his suicide back passes and deer in the headlights terror whenever he had the ball at his feet.
Really....fascists?
Grow up!

Rudolph

Quote from: TerryR on March 14, 2014, 05:52:49 PM
Quote from: Fulhampete on March 13, 2014, 10:14:55 PM
Give me a break. I for one don't miss his suicide back passes and deer in the headlights terror whenever he had the ball at his feet.
Really....fascists?
Grow up!

Are you more of a late goal conceding, none jumping centre back kind of man then?

Rudolph

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on March 14, 2014, 05:48:02 PM
Well, I guess one could look at Big Phil's goal in the Europa and wax nostalgic about his time here and "what if" themselves into a depression. But, one could also ask themselves: "Who the hell is Ludogorets?!!"

They are a team that has made the latter stages of a European competition, so they have obviously come across some decent opposition in the process. 

Rudolph

Quote from: FPT on March 14, 2014, 10:46:50 AM

The reason I pushed for Big Phil, was because I could see Hughes deteriorating. I don't see how that's trashing him? It seemed to take people an extra 6 months to see that. They play in the same position, if I feel one is better, because the other has gotten worse, what's the problem? Whenever I put Phil in my line ups, it would be met with the "Oh Phil is a liability" when even though he had more "moments" than Aaron Hughes, Hughes was the one playing a detrimental affect on the side, he didn't make mistakes, but was just growing poor. It's not coincidence why Hughes is at QPR and Senderos is at Valencia.

Guess I can't say I prefer Hugo to Bent because that means I am trashing Darren Bent and having nothing good to say about him.

People in glass houses mate, can't even have a discussion about one player being better than the other without being branded as one sided. Jesus.

It would have been impossible for Phil to stay after Hughes left to go to QPR.  He was always up against the crowd at the best of times.

It goes to show that the dislike was based on personality and not ability.