watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Training photo's on the offol

Started by H4usuallysitting, March 13, 2014, 10:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

9/13.....they look like they've got the right hump and Tank is looking for his Tank 

Apprentice to the Maestro

. . . and all the shots are of fitness training!

I hope they get round to practicing defending crosses and corners and a few other footballing skills.

MasterHaynes

Interesting, anyone else notice Diarra at the back of the group in pic 8  training with the 1st team squad.

JBH

I hope he is making them suffer! Lack of Fitness has been an issue for ages and is one of the main reasons for our poor form

Black, White and Fred

Look at 2/13 all their boots look like they should be heading to a rave. I remeber when white and red boots seemed fancy, but this is next level stuff.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

westcliff white

what i noticed was that not in one picture are the players working with the ball. now the photos may have been during the warm up stage but from what a lot of people have said, this is what FM makes them do. Very strange
Every day is a Fulham day

Fulham Paul

The hurdles drill is to build up the legs so they can get a more explosive sprint start. I am very surprised they look like they have never done it before, it's a standard athletic drill? They won't improve fitness much in such a short time. If we play the right team and manage to go 2 up they will all look fitter and finish the game stronger, it's in their heads! We all know this from our own experience which ever level we have played.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: JBH on March 14, 2014, 05:19:50 AM
I hope he is making them suffer! Lack of Fitness has been an issue for ages and is one of the main reasons for our poor form

It's too late to do anything about fitness now. It needs to be done at the beginning of the season. Too much now will only mean that the players will be even more tired and slow when it comes to the next game because they haven't recovered.

What is needed now is coaching, particularly on the formation as with Sir Roy, and set pieces, both ours and the opposition's, so that we concede fewer and score more goals.

alfie

This may be at the warm up stage or warm down stage, all the coaching/ball work may already have taken place or is still to take place.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

westcliff white

Quote from: alfie on March 14, 2014, 11:28:51 AM
This may be at the warm up stage or warm down stage, all the coaching/ball work may already have taken place or is still to take place.

Agree Alfie, was surprised that no pictures from the whole session, unless.........

re the hurdles, i've never seen that in a football training session before. i am about to embark on my level 3 course and will be asking about this.

RaySmith

It's also a good moment to take  photos - with a lot of players included.

RaySmith

Quote from: westcliff white on March 14, 2014, 11:38:54 AM

Agree Alfie, was surprised that no pictures from the whole session, unless.........

re the hurdles, i've never seen that in a football training session before. i am about to embark on my level 3 course and will be asking about this.
Quote from: westcliff white on March 14, 2014, 11:38:54 AM

I suppose they help leg strength and jumping - to enable our defenders to clear those high balls, or to get on the end of crosses in the opposing box.

I'd be surprised if Magath was running the players into the ground, wearing them out for the game, but presumably has new drills and techniques for them to practise.

westcliff white

reckon your right Ray, although he has a reputation for running players hard and to the point of exhaustion. had a hill built at one club or something. anyway onwards and upwards

alfie

Quote from: westcliff white on March 14, 2014, 12:17:41 PM
reckon your right Ray, although he has a reputation for running players hard and to the point of exhaustion. had a hill built at one club or something. anyway onwards and upwards

have to say mr Westcliff our jolly friend Mr Tigana had a hill built at Motspur I know how tough that is as I went up and down it a few times.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ToodlesMcToot

This would have to be at the beginning. We're usually lying down after about 60 minutes.  :drums:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MasterHaynes

hope its the warm up as none of them look like they have raised a bead of sweat