watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we had beaten Cardiff we could have been out of the relegation zone tomorrow

Started by Blanco, March 14, 2014, 10:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

If we had won at Cardiff last week we would currently be on 24 points in 19th position just 1 point from safety. We would have been going into this game ready and buzzing for a win. We could then have slipped into 17th.

It's such a shame. We really needed the win against Cardiff. Just shows how  quick it can change though. 2 games and it all looks much more hopeful.

049:gif

Lighthouse

Too true but when you lose week in week out against sides who are just so bad and lacking in any talent you realise the time is up.

We can keep on saying we just need a win. But we really just need a manager who understands the team he has and a team who can play beyond 45 minutes. God love us I really am sorry about the way the team is playing. Even a win now would only feel like us flattering to deceive
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FPT

It's been like that all season though, imagine if we had beaten Cardiff at home, WBA at home and away or at least got the points we deserved at home to Swansea, Spurs and City...  That's 10 points on top of what we already have.

But in all seriousness, we do not deserve to be in the Premier League after our performances this season.

CorkCity

"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Airfix

We truly need to stop saying that we are four points from safety as we are (or one if we'd beaten Cardiff).  We're five points from safety as our goal difference is so woeful!

PokerMatt

I agree with the responses that we don't deserve to stay up. However, you don't always get what you deserve.

After Cardiff I was resigned, but yet again she's pulled me in and if, just if, we can beat Newcastle then I'll believe again.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

BestOfBrede

Quote from: PokerMatt on March 14, 2014, 11:03:47 AM
I agree with the responses that we don't deserve to stay up. However, you don't always get what you deserve.

After Cardiff I was resigned, but yet again she's pulled me in and if, just if, we can beat Newcastle then I'll believe again.
Don't give up - it's in our hands and until it isn't then we need to be positive! It spreads you know!

HatterDon

Our last win in the Premier League was January 1, 2014, correct? That means that one win in February and one win in March would have us clear of this all, but we're not even good enough to win once a month.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Come on people...

We were probably saying the same thing about the situation in our Great Escape season.

Because up until the Citeh match we were down and out, and deserved to be so. Indeed at half time we were technically relegated. But after winning there, and then winning all those games in the final run-in, who would have said anything else apart from "blimey - amazing - great effort - well done on staying up - you deserved it!".

Tomorrow could be the start of something special.

If it is, the table is sufficiently tight for us to do another great escape. It will be a flipping miracle, and we would need to see some attributes from the team that have yet to emerge this season (fire in the belly, closing down quickly, moving up field with speed and precision, being tight at the back, scoring more goals than we concede, etc) but never say never until the final nail has been hammered in to the coffin lid.

Keep the faith.

COYW

Bedford White

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on March 14, 2014, 01:23:17 PM
If my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle.

And now with the miracle that is gender reassignment she/he can... Nothing is impossible COYW

Lighthouse

There are plenty of things that are impossible and plenty that are very unlikely. So in case someone doesn't hand me a top Prem players wages for one week so I can have no more worry over money. Incase Fulham do what they have been doing every week for two and a half years. I will continue to feel we are hopeless.

I can stand my own despair but not anothers hope.  fp.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

PokerMatt

Quote from: BestOfBrede on March 14, 2014, 11:09:26 AM
Quote from: PokerMatt on March 14, 2014, 11:03:47 AM

Don't give up - it's in our hands and until it isn't then we need to be positive! It spreads you know!

Yep that's the only thing keeping me going. All the while winning every game is enough to keep us up I'll keep on believing that we will.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

RaySmith

Quote from: Burt on March 14, 2014, 01:19:19 PM
Come on people...

We were probably saying the same thing about the situation in our Great Escape season.

Because up until the Citeh match we were down and out, and deserved to be so. Indeed at half time we were technically relegated. But after winning there, and then winning all those games in the final run-in, who would have said anything else apart from "blimey - amazing - great effort - well done on staying up - you deserved it!".

Tomorrow could be the start of something special.

If it is, the table is sufficiently tight for us to do another great escape. It will be a flipping miracle, and we would need to see some attributes from the team that have yet to emerge this season (fire in the belly, closing down quickly, moving up field with speed and precision, being tight at the back, scoring more goals than we concede, etc) but never say never until the final nail has been hammered in to the coffin lid.

Keep the faith.

COYW

:plus one:

You're right Burt, it was just the same on the Offal before the Man C game, as it is  on here now - no one gave us a chance of survival,  just one or two 'deluded' individuals saying maybe we can escape, and that we should get behind the team while there was still any possibility .

People were sceptical about Roy, and very critical of the club after the Sanchez disaster, and were generally resigned  about relegation.

But  quite a few of us went up to Man C, generally expecting the worst, but with  slight hope- and look what happened, and what that led to.