more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brilliant Stockdale

Started by WORTHINGFULHAM, March 15, 2014, 04:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

Quote from: robert on March 15, 2014, 05:32:51 PM
Yes,agreed.However not only did he assist greatly in giving us three vital points but he showed us the terrible cost that present so called number one keeper has been.If he had been in goal today we would be down.Does anyone disagree?

yep i will disagree because you don't know that.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

the nutflush

Quote from: FPT on March 15, 2014, 05:56:48 PM
Ok, Ashkan Dejagah scored the goal, but David Stockdale won us this game with *that* save. Justified his selection today, we've seen Stekelenburg make a lot of good saves, but has he won us a game? Nope, Stockdale has today, and he's done it before.

He won us the first game of the season at Sunderland.  Just sayin......But Stockdale was immense and I think we should persist with him. 

Aaron

I've always liked Stockdale and his performance today was fantastic.

He'll be number 1 next season if we go down, but I think he's always going to find himself playing second fiddle if we're in the Premier League.

If I was to pick holes today, I'd have to say that a lot of the crossing he had to deal with today was very.. "traning ground" in nature, I don't think Newcastle actually tested him that hard.

TonyGilroy

It's the first time he's played because the number one had been dropped. Previously he's always been injury cover.

In the past he's usually looked good in his first game but quickly tailed off. This really is his big chance which I hope he takes.

I've seen enough of Steklenberg to hope I don't have to see him again.

jms

Quote from: KCat on March 16, 2014, 12:27:22 AM
Stockers has Fulham in his heart.
................... Stekelenburg does not

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

Jack Fulham

Best game I've seen him play for Fulham. The save won us the game. Most assured I've seen him coming off his line too.

WORTHINGFULHAM

I feel pleased for stockdale, he has hung in there for ages and always been a number 2 choice, even when he got a game through cover, once the number 1 was back he was dropped.
We looked a lot more solid at the back, and confidence breeds confidence, Stockdale take a bow. COYW :Haynes The Maestro:

Berserker

It's just a reminder how good Mark  was, miles better than Stek. He would never have been dropped unless injured
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Admin

The one difference in Stockdales game that I noticed against Newcastle is that he didn't look nervous, he looked fully in control, and his body language oozed confidence. Not sure if this is something to do with the new management, but he needs to maintain this throughout the remainder of games to keep his place. Is the boy finally becoming a man?        

Arthur

Quote from: KCat on March 16, 2014, 12:27:22 AM
Stockers has Fulham in his heart.
................... Stekelenburg does not

After the game, Stockdale responded to the cheers of those in the JH Stand by touching the Club badge on his shirt, which was nice to see.

I'd rather not assume, however, that Stekelenburg doesn't much care when we don't know this.

LBNo11

...I have always liked Stockdale and always found it disappointing that when he took over number one slot, (when the first choice custodian was injured) he would play very well, and be on form and as soon as the first choice was fit again he would be dropped back to the bench. He is better in the air and in commanding his box and in distribution than is Stekelenburg. I just feel safer when he is in goal...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

nose

i agree with an earlier post, he looked a little slimmer
he absolutely commanded the box and was clearly communicating brilliantly with the centre backs

Stockers is the man for the next few games IMO

alfie

Quote from: LBNo11 on March 16, 2014, 12:19:09 PM
...I have always liked Stockdale and always found it disappointing that when he took over number one slot, (when the first choice custodian was injured) he would play very well, and be on form and as soon as the first choice was fit again he would be dropped back to the bench. He is better in the air and in commanding his box and in distribution than is Stekelenburg. I just feel safer when he is in goal...

Funny isn't it i felt the exact opposite, but yesterday he was excellent could not fault him, i don't think there is too much between them and on yesterdays performance i would expect to see him next week.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't