watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brilliant Stockdale

Started by WORTHINGFULHAM, March 15, 2014, 04:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WORTHINGFULHAM

Well as I said last week, stockdale should be number 1, and he did a grand job, none of this flappy punching the ball away like steks, good catching, command of area and a great couple of saves too.
We looked more solid at the back, and I believe that's down to command of the area so long may Stockdale be our keeper.
Great game for Woodrow too, caused a few problems and was unlucky with the goal they deemed offside, overall  a solid performance,COYW

Pluto

He has an amazing game today. Our best player.

robert

Yes,agreed.However not only did he assist greatly in giving us three vital points but he showed us the terrible cost that present so called number one keeper has been.If he had been in goal today we would be down.Does anyone disagree?

Blanco

Lighthouse

Don't think there is much argument that three points are due to that save just before we scored.

Always wanted Stockers but he has let himself down when he has had the chance this season. He didn't today.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FPT

Ok, Ashkan Dejagah scored the goal, but David Stockdale won us this game with *that* save. Justified his selection today, we've seen Stekelenburg make a lot of good saves, but has he won us a game? Nope, Stockdale has today, and he's done it before.

Macedo

The cock ups from Steks at WBA and Cardiff cost us 3 points.

Tonywa

Stockers was brilliant today, but i would suggest that the poor run of form he had earlier in the season while Stek was injured is one of the reasons we are in the poor position we currently occupy.

ffctom_b

Sorry but would have been disappointed had he not made the save, the centre forward telegraphed where the shot was going. Any keeper of a decent standard would have saved that.

What he did do , was command his area well and be vocal so the defence knew what was going on. Still think Stek is a better keeper, but that Stcokdale has the capabilities to be a good keeper for us in the future.
twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com

nose

best goalkeeping dispaly of the season... really top notch

Burt

His save in the first half was top draw.

And he did well to save that one on one they had in the second, which ultimately led to our goal.

I thought he had much more command of the box and those around him than he has shown in the past.

A very impressive performance.

Him and Woodrow were the outstanding toe today.

Black, White and Fred

Well done Stockers, thanks for not jumping ship. Judging by Félix's style he should hopefully retain the number 1 shirt
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

MJG

If Steks had made that save some of you would be going on about him being world class.
fact is we spunked £5M of a ltd budget on a player we did not need. Stockdale should have been No1 this season. he has deserved it.

F(f)CUK

I will be honest. I was disappointed when I heard Stockdale was playing, I felt that it was another change for no real reason. He was easily the man of the match. Any newspaper saying anything else did not have a reporter at the game. Caught everything and two class saves.

Nero

Has he lost some weight, and was it part of the slim like Jim/ Finnster challenge

Barrie

He was excellent today, but can he maintain that standard?  I hope so, but he still has a lot to prove.

Baszab

Stekelenberg deserved to be dropped - he made two catastrophic errors against WBA and Cardiff - can't continue to play players who let the side down

SKSW6

Darlo have provided us with both Stockdale and Burn, two of the most grounded and passionate players we have.

Admin

Stockdale isn't consistent enough. Great game today, will go letting something stupid in against Citeh'. It's the same conundrum with both Steck and Stock, and buying Steck, never really improved the Stock situation.   

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Stockers has Fulham in his heart.
................... Stekelenburg does not