watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Senderos has just scored!

Started by Jags, March 13, 2014, 07:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Centre-backs are easy targets when it comes to armchair criticism. Apart from goalkeeper, there is no position where your errors are more noticeable or more susceptible to punishment. Give the ball away in midfield and you will be moaned at for thirty seconds. Misshit a shot at goal and you will be jeered for a couple of minutes.
Let your man get goalside for a couple of yards and bang! ball is in the net and you are an 'accident waiting to happen' and the 'worst player ever to put on the jersey'.
It's one of the more cringeworthy bits of modern tv coverage to see Garry (or whoever) demonstrate, with big-screen slo-mo and little arrows and spotlights, that if the cb had been 'here' instead of 'there' then the striker wouldn't have scored. Well yes Gary (or whoever), if no cb ever missed their marking assignment every match would be 0-0.

I became so fed-up with the constant band-waggon jumping invective piled on to Senderos (and I fully accept that we are all entitled, as fans, to a little moaning) that I tuned it out as background noise and just thought how proud I would have been to have been such a bad player as to get 50 caps for my country.