watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

yesterdays team

Started by JackyFulham90, March 16, 2014, 08:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Nice to see Magath play a younger team with energy.
Only Heitinga, Hangeland & Sidwell were 30 or over.
In Kacaniklic, Holtby, Dejagah & Kasami they give us energy & a bit of pace.

Fair play to Magath for playing Woodrow aswell it would be easy to keep playing Darren Bent but Woodrow offers much more to our play

nose

looked very different to what we have seen before... I thought kasami was good, kvist made a real difference even though some of his his passing was woeful, he made the tackles and suppoted the defence, sidders was also quiet but has so much energy... kaka played well, holtby was a bit isolated on the wing, woodrow was imense and grew in stature and the back 4 played really really well even though amore and brede passed the ball too often to the opposition!   The MoM was stockers
Next week..... keep the same starting 11, these boys will be the ones to keep us up, the balance is good, the comitment good and once woodrwo finds the net i think he will get a shed load of goals....
we just need to make sure that in possesion the mentioned few stay calmer and pass to players in white, otherwise great performance all round!

FPT

Possession has been one of our issues all season. We can't concede if we have the ball, though I think with Woodrow, Holtby, Kvist, Kasami we *should* have more ability in keeping the ball. Though it was only 31% yesterday.

Zu-Meister

Under Magath we really dont look like a team going for the possession. Either its just not his style, or we figured our players arent good enough to keep the ball(which they arent). we seem to be getting the ball forward whenever we can, thus losing possession more easily. not necessarily a bad thing if we keep on being aggressive when we do have the ball.

Twig

Sorry but for me Amore would be out and Reither in.  Not sure about Brede vs Burn but have never felt Brede is a captain so I'd change that at least.

Big fan of Holtby and I want him to have a central role.

JBH

Quote from: Twig on March 16, 2014, 01:23:45 PM
Sorry but for me Amore would be out and Reither in.  Not sure about Brede vs Burn but have never felt Brede is a captain so I'd change that at least.

Big fan of Holtby and I want him to have a central role.
Amorebieta was decent yesterday Riether has been poor recently so id leave it as is

St Eve

We have to at least have our young Karagounis on the bench

hovewhite

Really happy yesterday with the team,gave the ball away a lot,but great aggresion and hunger shown by all the team,masterstroke putting cauley in by magath.same team next week please.

filham

There wasn't a lot of pretty football , we still gave to ball away too often and there were mistakes but the aggression , some pace and the fact that we kept this going right up to the final whistle made the difference.

We have never had the top quality players to play the pure football that we tried to play under Jol, had we adopted this tighter game from the beginning of the season we would have more points on the board by now.

H4usuallysitting

My only criticism was that we still cannot beat the first man from corners.....Holtby was doing ok, but Kaka's crosses were very poor, and why don't we try a few short corners...mix it up a bit