The Barclays Premier League Thank You Advert

Started by Admin, March 16, 2014, 05:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

King_Crud

i find it kind of patronising to be honest, but then I'm somewhat against all the money and corporate stuff in football these days. What curmudgeon I've become!  092.gif

Scrumpy

I like it. Yes, Barclays are there to make money but at least they're acknowledging that the fans add an awful lot to the game. At least they say thanks. At least they admit that the vast majority of true fans follow their team through more sad times than good.

I'd like to be the old man one day!  092.gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Lighthouse

Quote from: King_Crud on March 16, 2014, 07:49:31 PM
i find it kind of patronising to be honest, but then I'm somewhat against all the money and corporate stuff in football these days. What curmudgeon I've become!  092.gif

I agree. It is there to manipulate me (as all film or advertising does) and I don't like it. Thank me by lowering bankers fees and prices for entering grounds and give me money. But the rest is just a boy pushing up a bike up a hill with bread in his basket.

I have always been an old cumudgen since the day I was born.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

nose

i hate the advert, I felt slightly ill when I first saw it
it is everything wrong with modern coporate life
it is 1,000,000 miles away from why they sponsor the league
if they really had their hearts in it they would do more to regulate KO times and get prices reduced
Barclays are giong through a very bad time in the media, this is a cheap trick to try and humanise a very couldn't care less company.

SKSW6

Quote from: King_Crud on March 16, 2014, 07:49:31 PM

I agree, and I'm 23!

Admin

Any chance we can just take notice of the video, rather than rip the political side of Barclays which I'm not particularly interested in? I posted it because I felt the 'general' advert was good in regards to the fans, reminded me much of my matchday experience, being young, with my Dad, to and from games, and seeing the old boys about.

madffc

HatterDon

Quote from: Admin on March 17, 2014, 12:36:18 PM
Any chance we can just take notice of the video, rather than rip the political side of Barclays which I'm not particularly interested in? I posted it because I felt the 'general' advert was good in regards to the fans, reminded me much of my matchday experience, being young, with my Dad, to and from games, and seeing the old boys about.

I'm with you on this, and SOME folks on this site think I'm a "Political Animal." I guess the sentimental side of me took over. I remembered attending my earliest matches with my late father-in-law when I saw this.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Enclosurite

It appears to me that the fans, sorry actors, have never been to a football match in their lives though.  Would've been better off using real footage.

I do get the sentiment though.
¡COYW!