watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderland's remaining fixtures.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, March 16, 2014, 06:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

With three games in hand, and only a few months left in the season - Sunderland are going to be run ragged! Not saying they can't turn these games into points and escape relegation, but they are going to a be a tired lot! Continue a poor run of form, all these fixtures in a short amount of time could kill them, or save them

Premier League   
Norwich v Sunderland    Sat 22 Mar      
Liverpool v Sunderland    Wed 26 Mar       
Sunderland v West Ham    Mon 31 Mar   
April 2014
Tottenham v Sunderland    Mon 7 April
Sunderland v Everton    Sat 12 Apr   
Man City v Sunderland    Wed 16 Apr   
Man City Vs Sunderland   
Chelsea v Sunderland    Sun 20 Apr       
Sunderland v Cardiff    Sun 27 Apr   
May 2014
Man Utd v Sunderland    Sat 3 May   
Sunderland v West Brom    Wed 7 May
Sunderland v Swansea    Sun 11 May   
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Andy S

12 points the same as us

Admin

That's some run in..

Spoke to a few of their fans in Covent Garden, the night before their cup final. A lot said if they lose the final, it could have a knock on effect. 

Blanco

Between us, Sunderland, Cardiff & Norwich we have the "easier" fixtures.

Cardiff have Liverpool, West Brom(A), Palace, Southampton(A), Stoke, Sunderland(A), Newcastle(A) & Chelsea

Norwich have Sunderland, Swansea(A), West Brom, Fulham(A), Liverpool, Man United(A), Chelsea(A) & Arsenal

We have Man City(A), Everton, Villa(A), Norwich, Spurs(A), Hull, Stoke(A) & Palace.

Our fixtures aren't exactly easy but out of the four I would chose Fulhams.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Blanco on March 16, 2014, 07:28:04 PM
Between us, Sunderland, Cardiff & Norwich we have the "easier" fixtures.

Cardiff have Liverpool, West Brom(A), Palace, Southampton(A), Stoke, Sunderland(A), Newcastle(A) & Chelsea

Norwich have Sunderland, Swansea(A), West Brom, Fulham(A), Liverpool, Man United(A), Chelsea(A) & Arsenal

We have Man City(A), Everton, Villa(A), Norwich, Spurs(A), Hull, Stoke(A) & Palace.

Our fixtures aren't exactly easy but out of the four I would chose Fulhams.

From Manchester City on all are winnable - I even think that we can beat City. We have nothing to lose against them, and all to gain.

Norwich will be lucky to get 2 points out of their remaining 4 games, and Cardiff I cannot see picking up too many more.

A key note to look at is WBA and Palace's fixtures. Palace are going to find it tougher than all hell. We can definitely do this. One week at a time, ignore all the other results, and just focus on us.

ffc73

One week at a time, ignore all the other results, and just focus on us.
[/quote]

Jimpav

A lot of our relegation rivals still have to play each other. If a few of those fixtures are drawn (like Sunderland v Palace) and we continue to win, we could make up ground quite quickly.

filham

At the bottom it's points in the bag that count. I would swap position and points with any of them at this stage.

Deanothefulhamfan

I think Sunderland have a good run in.....  2 very winnable games at home to end the season.

I think they will be safe but it will be between us, Cardiff, Norwich and palace

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on March 17, 2014, 02:29:56 AM
I think Sunderland have a good run in.....  2 very winnable games at home to end the season.

I think they will be safe but it will be between us, Cardiff, Norwich and palace

You do not think WBA will be in the relegation scrap?

Deanothefulhamfan

Oh yeah sorry totally forgot about them haha.... Yeah they will as well without a doubt

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on March 17, 2014, 03:28:51 AM
Oh yeah sorry totally forgot about them haha.... Yeah they will as well without a doubt

If we really can pull this miracle off... I see Cardiff 20th Sunderland 19th and Norwich 18th with Palace 17th and Fulham 16th and West Brom 15th...

Other scenario is switch Norwich and Palace (which i'd prefer)

Burt

Norwich have the most brutal run in of the lot.

Irrelevant for us unless we use the win v. the Toon as a springboard for picking up the points we need, particularly the home fixtures.