watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

1-0 Newcastle United, 93rd minute Steve Sidwell Tackle.gif

Started by zschwartz, March 17, 2014, 12:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zschwartz

He has learned a few lessons from last season but luckily not all of them; i'd like to see iniesta do that. 

westcliff white

true but i'd like to see Sidders pass and control the game like iniesta, that's not knocking him, just saying different types of styles
Every day is a Fulham day

Northern Cottager

Sidwell has been a revelation this year in a poor squad.

Fulham Paul

50/50 good vs bad. Makes too many simple errors for premiership level, having said that he has been our most honest and hard working player which probably explains why we are at the bottom

EJL

Quote from: westcliff white on March 17, 2014, 07:12:29 AM
true but i'd like to see Sidders pass and control the game like iniesta, that's not knocking him, just saying different types of styles
Good luck with that

Arthur

Quote from: Fulham Paul on March 17, 2014, 09:27:41 AM
50/50 good vs bad. Makes too many simple errors for premiership level, having said that he has been our most honest and hard working player which probably explains why we are at the bottom

Well put.

Sidwell's attitude is first-rate. The conundrum, however, is that the less possession we have, the better he looks. In circumstances such as the second-half spell on Saturday in which we might have taken the game by the scruff of its neck, a poor array of passes from Sidwell suddenly made him appear to be a weak link in the team.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Northern Cottager on March 17, 2014, 09:23:08 AM
Sidwell has been a revelation this year in a poor squad.

I just think that Sidwell has just been his consistent self this season while the many of the rest have gone soft and forgotten what's required of them in exchange for their pay.

He's an asset to the club. Though, I really do believe that if the club had been properly investing over the last few seasons that he would be more of a squad player than an everyday starter.

Oh, and keeping on the topic of that tackle. It was a fantastic one! In these times, where hard tackling is seemingly more and more frowned upon, I thought surely that he was going to be carded for it.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Lighthouse

The first name I would put on the teamsheet. I have always been a fan.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Riverside

I really cannot think of a challenger for our player of the season .

Great credit to Sidwell - he can hold his head high for his efforts this season .
Shame on most of the other 35 played .

Sidwell should really be a valued squad player not the 1st name on the team sheet .

FPT

I've warmed to Steve Sidwell this year, he's been a diamond in a turd.

However, I stick by my opinion prior to this season that we cannot expect to move forward with him as our starting central midfielder. I was acceptable last year seeing as we lost Dembele late, and we had to find a short term fix in Giorgos Karagounis, and then in January brought in Eyong Enoh.

I was ok with Scott Parker joining, I thought he could do a job for a year then we'll see Shahid put his stamp on the club with a bit of investment (et la, £12m when we bought Mitroglou). Whether we go down or not, we still need that technically gifted central midfielder that will keep play the ball moving. We don't creativity, we need to run the play, something we haven't done since Dembele/Murphy was our midfield pairing.