watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How to frustrate City

Started by JackyFulham90, March 20, 2014, 08:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I would love to see us mix our system up as player for player City are far better than us & with the 4-2-3-1 we will be very like for like.

Dejagah is likely to be missing so it's the perfect chance to use a 5-3-1-1 I'm sure we won't but I could see it working.

Stockdale
Heitinga Hangeland Burn Amorebieta Richardson
              Sidwell Parker Kvist
                            Holtby
                            Woodrow

Anything out of this game is a bonus,  coyw

Deanothefulhamfan

Kvist was awful against Newcastle, but perhaps a run of games will do him good.... it is a super negative team, but maybe it might work, I would maybe put Reither as right back to offer us a margin of width... drop Amorebieta for Heitinga

westcliff white

personally i would go the way we played united with 5 across the middle and the wide men dropping deep to help the full backs.
Every day is a Fulham day

Burt

ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

Goal difference is irrelevant now, it's the points that matter.

If we sit back, park the bus and go for the draw then they will win given we're not very good at sitting back.

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: Burt on March 20, 2014, 09:45:47 AM

If we sit back, park the bus and go for the draw then they will win given we're not very good at sitting back.

Yeah I pretty much agree with this

RaySmith

Park the bus? All out attack? A Balance between the two?

But I agree that GD isn't important now - we should forget about it - it's points we need.

Texas White

:dead horse:
Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on March 20, 2014, 09:53:53 AM

:dead horse: yes we have to attack. No way we will last 90 mins without conceeding a goal.

Yeah I pretty much agree with this

grandad

Go 4 up after 20 mins & then park the bus for a 4-3 win.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FPT

A 5/3 man defence, only works if you have two strikers, or wingers. They'll batter us out wide (you may say Silva/Nasri don't provide width, but then they'll bring on Kolorov and/or Navas).

If we're going to go with a 5/3 man defence:

Stockdale
   Heitinga Hangeland Amore
Riether  Sidwell  Kvist   Richardson
Holtby                                Kasami
           Bent/Rodallega

There's no point playing Woodrow against City, we won't have much of the ball, he's going to run around for the sake of running around. Remove him from the situation, say well done, have a bench spot and maybe bring him on for the last 10 minutes. It's a game we don't need him for, and it's a game he doesn't need to play.

b+w geezer

Goal difference is irrelevant now
Might we hope to turn around a goal difference of 11 during 8 matches in which Norwich have generally tougher opposition? I'd call that conceivable in the event that we did start to hit some form. Beat them at CC, as we would clearly need to do, and that's 2 of the 11 for a start. Beat them by two goals and it's 4. So not quite irrelevant at the time of writing prior to Man City. If City run riot, then it will become so, agreed.

Blanco

In Fifa I would chuck 5 defenders in just to hold off City's attack but... In real life, Magath won't do that. You very rarely see teams come out with 5 defense. Maybe towards the end of the game if we're holding on it will form into such formation but from the start I think he'll go with a 4-4-1-1.

Vinnieffc

Or we could send Wigan out wearing Fulham shirts  :005:

Black, White and Fred

Burn isn't fit and I don't think we have anymore centre backs, if Lovebite, Johhny and Brede are all in.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996