watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Roll Call

Started by Northern Cottager, March 20, 2014, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

Notoriously empty up there when we play but I looked at the seating plan and it looks like we're taking a few. Whose going and where we drinking?

Rhys Lightning 63

Me + 1. Look out for the Coleman 5 shirt
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on March 20, 2014, 10:55:50 AM
Me + 1. Look out for the Coleman 5 shirt

unfortunately I'm on the City end. I got offered free season tickets from a City fanatic. Apparently all around me know I'm going to be there and that I'm a Fulham fan...

manxman

A friend has seats in the directors box at City, so for one game only I'm swapping my Fred perry polo and gazelles for a shirt and tie.
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

jarv

Mr. Manx, it's a different world in the directors box. I have a friend who's father played for Middlesborough for many years. He was always able to get me in the directors box at Fulham when Boro were there.  Very enjoyable experience. Sat next to Sven once when he was England manager.

SouthfieldWhite

I'm suppose to be in the City end too, don't think we are taking many there, 5-600 I've been told, at this rate we will have more Fulham in the city end than the Fulham end ;-)

alfie

I find it a little odd that we complain like mad when we have away supporters in the home end and yet here we have Fulham supporters doing just that, a little bit hypocritical me thinks.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

leonffc

Quote from: alfie on March 20, 2014, 05:13:55 PM
I find it a little odd that we complain like mad when we have away supporters in the home end and yet here we have Fulham supporters doing just that, a little bit hypocritical me thinks.

Good point but it depends how people behave I guess. Ive watched us at Arsenal in their end 3 times and politely applauded their goals, sat on my hands when we scored, cheered when they had a shot (secretly applauding our GK) and really struggled to contain myself when right behind Schwartzers pen save last season, but did.
I get the impression I may have been clocked by some but I was respectful. Its the idiots that think because we are Fulham they can jump around and cheer that wind people up.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: alfie on March 20, 2014, 05:13:55 PM

You're right. I'll turn down the free tickets and pay £100 to watch the usual away tripe.

We usually have absolute morons in our ends, I intend on making it completely unclear as to who I follow until out of the ground.

Neil D

Quote from: Northern Cottager on March 20, 2014, 05:26:01 PM
We usually have absolute morons in our ends, I intend on making it completely unclear as to who I follow until out of the ground.
Indeed.  The guy I sat next at the Liberty stadium (he stood throughout) unleashed an endless torrent of abuse at our and their players.  When they scored he ran over to the Swansea section to sort them out and was fortunately evicted.  Moronic to the core.

SouthfieldWhite

Agree with Leon, it's how you behave, I've sat in the West Ham end( we scored in the 96 min for a 3-3 draw) and sat in the home end at old Trafford and sat on my hands, it's called being respectful although never enjoy being in the home ends but the two times I mentioned it was with friends of the home team.

alfie

I do agree it's about how you behave, but recently against Liverpool, 2 guys were doing no harm whatsoever but it was clear they were pool supporters and when pool scored they did not jump up screaming and shouting and whatever, but a couple of guys behind them demanded that the stewards throw them out. It is a case of double standards really we moan and moan and moan with away supporters in our home areas whether they are acting prats or just sitting quietly, and then we find our own supporters doing the same thing, but hey stay safe and be respectful.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: alfie on March 21, 2014, 10:18:08 AM
I do agree it's about how you behave, but recently against Liverpool, 2 guys were doing no harm whatsoever but it was clear they were pool supporters and when pool scored they did not jump up screaming and shouting and whatever, but a couple of guys behind them demanded that the stewards throw them out. It is a case of double standards really we moan and moan and moan with away supporters in our home areas whether they are acting prats or just sitting quietly, and then we find our own supporters doing the same thing, but hey stay safe and be respectful.

How was it clear they were Liverpool supporters, surely as long as they didnt wear Liverpool shorts or jumped up when they scored,surly they would of just blended in?

King_Crud

Quote from: Northern Cottager on March 20, 2014, 10:53:23 AM
Notoriously empty up there when we play but I looked at the seating plan and it looks like we're taking a few. Whose going and where we drinking?

no boozers near the ground, easy cab ride from the city centre though

Northern Cottager

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on March 21, 2014, 12:05:24 PM

How was it clear they were Liverpool supporters, surely as long as they didnt wear Liverpool shorts or jumped up when they scored,surly they would of just blended in?

do you know many Scousers that would blend in with normal society outside of their own back yard?

Northern Cottager

Quote from: King_Crud on March 21, 2014, 12:11:55 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on March 20, 2014, 10:53:23 AM

no boozers near the ground, easy cab ride from the city centre though

I recall jumping off a train near Piccadilly and having to walk through one of the roughest looking areas on the planet to get to their lego ground.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Northern Cottager on March 21, 2014, 12:16:58 PM

do you know many Scousers that would blend in with normal society outside of their own back yard?

Very good point ;-)

King_Crud

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on March 21, 2014, 12:19:07 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on March 21, 2014, 12:16:58 PM

Very good point ;-)

most Liverpool fans would have been from Surrey or Kent

ffccaz

I'm going got ticket yesterday and there were only 2 left. Having to sit in seats in different rows should be fun!

leonffc

Quote from: ffccaz on March 21, 2014, 01:14:49 PM
I'm going got ticket yesterday and there were only 2 left. Having to sit in seats in different rows should be fun!

Here's why

" Extra tickets available for blues this Sat as Fulham have asked for a reduced allocation."