watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Baird signs for Burnley!

Started by FPT, March 20, 2014, 09:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

Surprised no one else has posted this. He was without a club after his six-month contract at Reading expired, and has now joined Burnley for their promotion push. Think I speak for us all to wish him all the best.  :Haynes The Maestro:

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/article/baird-sings-on-200314-1433365.aspx

Burnley Football Club have this afternoon confirmed the signing of Chris Baird on a two-month contract, subject to FA and Football League approval.

The Northern Ireland international has joined the Clarets on a free transfer having been without a club since leaving Reading back in January. The 32-year-old former Southampton and Fulham player has penned a short-term deal until the end of the season.

Baird can play both in central midfield and at full-back. He featured for Reading in the Royals' 2-1 defeat at Turf Moor earlier in the season. He will now link up with Sean Dyche's squad ahead of Saturday's game against Charlton Athletic.

Upon his arrival at Turf Moor, Baird said: "It feels great! It's just nice to be part a team that is playing so well at the moment. I don't mind where I play, as long as I'm getting some games. I think that's the most important thing.

I know it's not the biggest squad, and there's been a few injuries. But I've spoken to the manager and he really wanted me here and I wanted to come to try and help the team finish the season as strong as possible. I've been doing a lot of training at Reading to keep myself fit. I'm fully aware of the situation at the Right back area, it's up to manager if he wants me to play, but if he does I'm ready to play."

Stefano Okaka Chuka

One of the most underrated and unsung players around. Good luck at Burnley Bairdinho!
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

jms

Burnley have Bairdiniho.......they're a very lucky team.

HatterDon

He'll be more than helpful down the stretch. I hope he continues to perform well.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

aaronmcguigan

In other ex FFC news, Collins John has just signed for Pittsburgh Riverhounds

RaySmith

chiefo

Good luck to Mr Baird. Always will get respect from me not just as a pro, but as a person also. Top man indeed.

SG

Even more respect if he helps Burnley to secure the second automatic promotion place with Leicester therefore ensuring that the Hahas are in the play offs at best

Fulham 442

Good luck to Chris Baird and good luck to Pittsburgh Riverhounds!

LBNo11

Quote from: Fulham 442 on March 21, 2014, 08:20:40 AM
Good luck to Chris Baird and good luck to Pittsburgh Riverhounds!

:023:  :005:

...on a serious note, good luck to Bairdinhio, an excellent utility player and a strong squad player who we miss - I would rather him back than the replacement we got. "We had Bairdinhio, we had Bairdinhio"...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TonyGilroy

Constantly unavailable for "personal reasons", a real drop off in form in his last year with us and Reading not wanting to keep him.

I'd love to know what went wrong because the Chris Baird of 2 to 4 years ago was a real asset.

Fulham1959

His 2 goals at Stoke gave us a wildly unexpected win and kick-started our season.  I will always have good memories of him.

The Swan

Good luck to Chris Baird. You served us well following a bad start under you know who.
I once shouted at Baird. Call yourself a right back you should be left back in the changing room.
The Swan