watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we go down

Started by H4usuallysitting, March 20, 2014, 10:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

I hope Felix sticks to his contract and the club honour his contract (even extend his contract)......I think with his experience combined with our youth we could do a Southampton, who are currently 21 points above us......what we need more than anything at the moment is consistency, experience and commitment

nose

whatever happens at the season end i hope our management actually think about what is correct for the long term well being of the future. they should employ somebody like kegan to advise, not manage, advise which route to follow, they should ditch the notion of trying to run the team on the basis of american style sports, get used to the term squad and not rosta, and get a manager that really knows what he is up too. It may be felix, i don't know enough about him, if he picks the same team on saturday i will at least have a little more confidence

Lighthouse

In the last few years the club has been run poorly. From lack of investment to poor investment to panic sackings and appointments. I agree we need some sort of consistant decision to halt this fall. Not sure how our present manager fits in or how our new owner fits into it all. But the Summer and the first season in the Championship will go some way of telling us what will happen in the next few years.

However I fully expect our new owner to talk about sustainability. With the awful transfer window just gone where money was not just wasted but thrown away, I have no idea what will happen.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ChesterTheTabby

This should not even be posted, WE ARE STAYING UP :)
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

H4usuallysitting

Of course were staying up.....I still want Felix to stay, we need consistency

Northern Cottager

Going down may be better for us. The club has stood still and not even a phenomenal window can sort some of the squad, management and other issues out. Going down could be the remaking of us should we plan for a longer term future other than a few stop gap panic signings.

aaronmcguigan

You do realise "doing a Southampton" is struggling in The Championship, getting relegated to League one and then when the youth are good enough , shoot straight back up.
SouthMptons youth went under the radar and came through at different times . Bale, ox, Walcott are sold off to fund purchases and let them develop.
I'm not exactly fond of a Continental manager in the Championnship should it happen. It always seems the UK managers have a better grasp of how to get out of that league

alfie

Quote from: Northern Cottager on March 21, 2014, 09:43:30 AM
Going down may be better for us. The club has stood still and not even a phenomenal window can sort some of the squad, management and other issues out. Going down could be the remaking of us should we plan for a longer term future other than a few stop gap panic signings.

Sorry I just don't understand how this going down may be better for us. The club can stabilise itself just as well in the premier league as the championship, it just needs the correct mind-set from management to the players.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

westcliff white

Personally if we go down I don't see Felix in charge next season, I don't think the board would keep him on, and I don't think he would want to stay managing outside of the top flight. Hopefully, for consistencies sake, he or they proves me wrong.

If the board do decide to get rid of him, it surely must then put AM's position in doubt as when we appointed FM it came across as his choice.
Every day is a Fulham day

Northern Cottager

Quote from: alfie on March 21, 2014, 10:30:35 AM

Sorry I just don't understand how this going down may be better for us. The club can stabilise itself just as well in the premier league as the championship, it just needs the correct mind-set from management to the players.

And that's exactly where the issue lies. The vast majority of our squad and management is just completely wrong. Go down, clear them all out and then that's where we start again.

alfie

Quote from: Northern Cottager on March 21, 2014, 12:52:07 PM
Quote from: alfie on March 21, 2014, 10:30:35 AM

And that's exactly where the issue lies. The vast majority of our squad and management is just completely wrong. Go down, clear them all out and then that's where we start again.

Sorry again I just don't know why we need to go down to do this. we could also keep going down, I would rather we get it sorted still in the premiership, I really see no value in going down, but as we say it is all about opinions and this is just mine.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Macedo

Quote from: maoconnor on March 20, 2014, 11:07:46 PM
This should not even be posted, WE ARE STAYING UP :)

Spot on ...COYW

epsomraver

:plus one:

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: epsomraver on April 16, 2014, 07:23:19 PM
:plus one:

The idea that we can just drop down to the Championship, sort ourselves out and then use some kind of divine right to pop back up when it suits us is naive. We would find it much harder and expensive to attract PL quality players and our young players would be more likely to leave us.

Have a look at the Premier League table for 2007-08 when we were in a similar situation: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2007-2008/table/2008-04-12.

There has been quite a turnover from those days: Portsmouth, Blackburn Rovers, Middlesbrough, Wigan Athletic, Reading, Birmingham City, Bolton Wanderers and Derby County all gone and at most one to possibly return this year.

It just emphasises that those who advocate dropping down to the Championship and regrouping are suggesting a very risky strategy.