more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

confused

Started by nose, March 21, 2014, 09:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

I understand that we have played oor football
I can cope that we had a problem with choosing and keeping a manager thuis season and with new management perhaps we were not as slick as we could have been
i understand the players are nervopus during the games and make foolish mistakes
And this is because, by and large, I have seen it all before.

What i cannot comprehend is Kostas Mitroglu. I do honestly think the club owe us, the long term inmates, an explanation as to how when we needed the cavalary, they purchased the a lame duck. When we need a big strong bloke capable of putting himself about and dying for the cause, we got an already inmjured lightweight, who is unlikely to feature in any meaningful way. The silence from the board is deafening. Even If he was any good it may not have been enough to save us, but at least we would have done everythiong possible to try and and reach safety. As it is the board could have taken the £12M and divided it up amongst season ticket holders with a 40+year attendance record.

Why do I bring this up again now, even though the subject has been done to death. It is because of what ferlix said about the greek in his video preview for one of the toughest games of the season, not available, again! Mitroglu surely has some self respect, he must be ashamed of himself for signing under such false pretences.

I think the board should comment.

terryr

The subject of the Greek's injury has been done to death. Hand wringing in regards to this is self- flagellation
:dead horse:

westcliff white

apparently he injured his knee training last Sunday and didn't train this week with the first team, but Felix hopes he is back with the squad next week. Apparently it was a new injury not the one he joined with. Like you frustrated, but I have seen this guy play twice this season for Olympiacos, his positional movement, shooting and finishing is good.

This was in the interview with Sarah on the website.
Every day is a Fulham day

God The Mechanic

How do you know he signed under false pretences?  Maybe everyone knew he had an injury and it would take time for him to get up to speed - if they did then it is absolutely no fault of his, but the club for making such a poor decision.

I've been as underwhelmed as any about his signing, but it is the job of the club to do their due diligence and make sure he is what we need when we sign him.  If they didn't do that then it is the club's fault, not his.

Lighthouse

Yes let's hear from the board -

Sorry everybody we messed up again. But not for the first time this season. Frankly we have been awful. What with the lack of investment in the Summer, the awful panic of spending out on a player who is always injured in January and then sacking another manager. Yes there is no doubt we have messed this club right up. Oh well sorry and all that. Still lucky that Heitinga has been better than we thought. Last minute panic that was. Holtby is good as well. No chance of keeping him I am afraid. So just to say sorry everybody, our bad. Keep the faith............Load of old rubbish that was. Still the fans will gobble it up.....is this microphone still on?

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose

Quote from: God The Mechanic on March 21, 2014, 11:37:30 AM
How do you know he signed under false pretences?  Maybe everyone knew he had an injury and it would take time for him to get up to speed - if they did then it is absolutely no fault of his, but the club for making such a poor decision.

I've been as underwhelmed as any about his signing, but it is the job of the club to do their due diligence and make sure he is what we need when we sign him.  If they didn't do that then it is the club's fault, not his.

Good point.... maybe the injury was a known thing, but somehow I doubt it. Just makes so very little sense to spend so much on somebody that is clearly unfit.
I think my problem here is I want us to have tried everything to achieve safety,so much monety for so little!

nose

Quote from: TerryR on March 21, 2014, 10:04:10 AM
The subject of the Greek's injury has been done to death. Hand wringing in regards to this is self- flagellation
:dead horse:

I know it's terrible isn't it and I even said as much myself. 
I just want to be in the premiership next season, we are playing man city tomorrow and we  have a player that cost a fortune, doing knaff all for us..... I had to let my continuing exasperation out!

nose

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 21, 2014, 11:47:26 AM
Yes let's hear from the board -

Sorry everybody we messed up again. But not for the first time this season. Frankly we have been awful. What with the lack of investment in the Summer, the awful panic of spending out on a player who is always injured in January and then sacking another manager. Yes there is no doubt we have messed this club right up. Oh well sorry and all that. Still lucky that Heitinga has been better than we thought. Last minute panic that was. Holtby is good as well. No chance of keeping him I am afraid. So just to say sorry everybody, our bad. Keep the faith............Load of old rubbish that was. Still the fans will gobble it up.....is this microphone still on?

Very Funny, honest. But I do think mitroglu is a special case. hiw uis it possible to pay so much for a crock?
Actually whjat i suppose I am after knowing was it Rene that wanted him, or was it the board that got mitroglu, I am curious as to the decision making process.

FPT

We knew he had a knock when he signed him, and as others have said before me, this is a new injury. The game in which he picked up the initial injury was against PAOK on the 10th November 2013. Until coming off of the bench at West Brom, he hadn't played since. That's about 3 and a half months out with injury, when you're out for a while, you do tend to pick up little knocks and strains as you bring your body back into the routine of things.

Can we blame the board for this signing? I think there's a claim to, we've spent £12.5m on someone that was injured. But can we blame them for the subsequent picking up of small knocks (something quite natural after long term injury), I don't think we can. Although some will say we shouldn't have bought him in the first place.

However, I do believe some misplace frustration with anger. Believe it or not, if Mitroglou can start playing games, he will prove to be a very, very good signing. Someone scouted by Dortmund as a replacement for Robert Lewandowski in the summer. Goal.com also linked him with a move to Roma in the summer.

Also, it was an impulse buy, he was on our radar, but then there was the Dimitar Berbatov sell, so it's natural to go for the guy at the top of the list in the striking department... And, we haven't exactly done poorly have we? Cauley Woodrow has looked the part.

And, from the sounds of things, he could be ok for Norwich at home.

And just a side note, to the fella that said "lucky that Heitinga was better than we thought" I think that sums a lot of things up. We don't give anybody a chance, I believe Heitinga would be a good signing, and posted here saying it. Let's just tally up the different parts of the debate rather than (as you are accusing the club) making panic decisions.

jarv

Could have got Jordan Rhodes and spare change to buy a left back. fp.gif

nose

Quote from: FPT on March 21, 2014, 12:14:28 PM
We knew he had a knock when he signed him, and as others have said before me, this is a new injury. The game in which he picked up the initial injury was against PAOK on the 10th November 2013. Until coming off of the bench at West Brom, he hadn't played since. That's about 3 and a half months out with injury, when you're out for a while, you do tend to pick up little knocks and strains as you bring your body back into the routine of things.

Can we blame the board for this signing? I think there's a claim to, we've spent £12.5m on someone that was injured. But can we blame them for the subsequent picking up of small knocks (something quite natural after long term injury), I don't think we can. Although some will say we shouldn't have bought him in the first place.

Yes i believe we can blame the board. It is overwhelmingly obvious that a player  that has been out that long will take a great deal of time to get up to speed and very often puick up secondary issues on return, this is a typical situation. We had 14 games to go (I think) when he arrived, and we immediately knew he would miss at least two and from what i saw at WBA he clearly was miles from being fit.
Yes i think the board should have known better, you or I would have known better. It is just experience.

It was like AJ. I liked him as a player but he had a track record of injury, and so it proved for us, he was rarely available< we could have spent that money on somebody more likely to be fit. AJ was also an error and an avoidable one, as I say it is just experience.

nose

Quote from: jarv on March 21, 2014, 12:16:08 PM
Could have got Jordan Rhodes and spare change to buy a left back. fp.gif

Funny you say that because he is one of the players I would have prefered to gamble on. Maybe it wouldn't have worked out, but at least we would have had a trier.

TonyGilroy

We don't know who we tried to sign and what got in the way of doing other deals earlier in the window.

We didn't knowingly sign someone who wouldn't be fit and presumably he had the usual medicals.

His CV is excellent and he may end up being a very good buy. Or not.

I don't know why everything that goes wrong has to end with a scapegoat being hung with the blame. Not just on here - it's a media staple.

Unfashionable I know but I reckon the people running the club are doing their best and this season has been an accumulation of everything that could go wrong actually going wrong and in spades. Usually you get some breaks.

nose

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 21, 2014, 12:48:06 PM
We don't know who we tried to sign and what got in the way of doing other deals earlier in the window.

We didn't knowingly sign someone who wouldn't be fit and presumably he had the usual medicals.

His CV is excellent and he may end up being a very good buy. Or not.

I don't know why everything that goes wrong has to end with a scapegoat being hung with the blame. Not just on here - it's a media staple.

Unfashionable I know but I reckon the people running the club are doing their best and this season has been an accumulation of everything that could go wrong actually going wrong and in spades. Usually you get some breaks.

Do you not think it is useful to find out why things go wrong so that we can a) not do it again and b) not do it again. In this case I suspect panic was the cause of the problem but also there must have been a great deal of not doing the homework properly. If you allow this, what next will be acceptable.
make no mistake, this signing was a very bad error of judgement, i would like to know whose judgement it was, a I reallly do not think that is too much to ask.

The management might be doing their best but unfortunately it is way off being anywhere near good enough.

In do accept that some of us, especially me, can be overly critical at times but honestly some of the errors are just schoolboyish, these guys take home vast salaries, win lose or draw, they should be held to account. the players when they do badly get roundly jeered at from the crowd (not me), but we don't have  any other recourse than to express displeasure at the management than through vehicles like this MB.

Burt

I don't think we are in a position to comment knowledgeably on anything that we have no knowledge about.

All I do know is that I for one won't be writing off the Trog's career here when it hasn't even started yet.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: nose on March 21, 2014, 01:37:40 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 21, 2014, 12:48:06 PM

Do you not think it is useful to find out why things go wrong so that we can a) not do it again and b) not do it again. In this case I suspect panic was the cause of the problem but also there must have been a great deal of not doing the homework properly. If you allow this, what next will be acceptable.
make no mistake, this signing was a very bad error of judgement, i would like to know whose judgement it was, a I reallly do not think that is too much to ask.

The management might be doing their best but unfortunately it is way off being anywhere near good enough.

In do accept that some of us, especially me, can be overly critical at times but honestly some of the errors are just schoolboyish, these guys take home vast salaries, win lose or draw, they should be held to account. the players when they do badly get roundly jeered at from the crowd (not me), but we don't have  any other recourse than to express displeasure at the management than through vehicles like this MB.

Of course I want to know more and I wish we were told more but there's a demand for things to be right - ALWAYS - without an understanding of the problems and difficulties.

Easy to look at where we are and to know that things have been badly handled but we simply don't have the information to focus in on the precise cause.

We have a new owner who must be learning and a new manager who could be anything from a triumph to a disaster. We are where we are and they are the guys who have to try and sort it.

HatterDon

another day another 3 threads about Metroglue.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: HatterDon on March 21, 2014, 02:25:39 PM
another day another 3 threads about Metroglue.

Must ....... direct ....... angst ...... at ....... someone
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude