more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Tower Bridge and surrrounds

Started by Southcoastffc, March 22, 2014, 11:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Hi

On a Sunday next month I have to (at lunchtime) wine and dine a 25 yr old and 65 yr old in the Tower Bridge area then do some sightseeing/exhibition visits/walking in the area with them.  I think I have lunch sorted but would welcome any suggestions for places to take them for the afternoon.  They are both fairly arty but all (legal and decent) things will be considered.   Thanks!   049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

akf

Across the bridge and about a 10 minute walk east on the bank is the Design Museum.  I haven't been for a while, but i recall it was interesting - http://designmuseum.org/

King_Crud

go in the bridge itself, you can go to the engineering rooms. Tower of London across the way. Not arty things, but sightseeing none the less

leonffc

The upper walkways of the bridge itself are interesting.
There is a wine tasting thing around there I believe. HMS Belfast. The Tate isn't that far. St.Pauls? The Tower itself?

SouthfieldWhite

Take them on 'the big bus company' tour. You can pick it up outside the Tower of London.
If not go see the beefeaters in the tower itself, walk across the bridge to hams Belfast and walk down Tooley street and go to the London dungeons

win-dup

Museum of London at the Barbican is really good - from pre-history to the modern day with some great artefacts to match and a special exhibition ''The Cheapside Hoard'' may appeal to your guests. Tate Modern across the river I thought was the most pretentious load of drivel ever, but arty people with greater intellect than I may think differently. Both are free but you have to pay to see the Cheapside Hoard and would probably need to pre-book.

King_Crud

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on March 22, 2014, 05:26:28 PM
Take them on 'the big bus company' tour. You can pick it up outside the Tower of London.
If not go see the beefeaters in the tower itself, walk across the bridge to hams Belfast and walk down Tooley street and go to the London dungeons

London Dungeon has moved to the Eye. Also in my opinion the Dungeon is the worst tourist sightseeing thing I've been to in London

SP

The Thames Clipper is great value if booked on an Oystercard. Long haul to Greenwich or 20 minutes to Westminster.  An elegant way to view the sites from the river.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Take them on a boat trip you can go from outside the old County Hall Building ( London Bridge ) next to the Wheel

London  looks stunning from the river and the 65 year old would probably appreciate the sit down

Eating .......................some great deals for lunch @ OXO  Tower

Rhys Lightning 63

Shakespeare's Globe wouldn't be a bad idea, that's no more than 20 minutes walk away
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Hong Kong Fulham fan

London Bridge area, Borough market is fantastic for eats and without doubt the best coffee I have ever had, Monmouth coffee. Some nice pubs around there too.

Berserker

I fancy seeing something at the Globe, not sure how you book though. Could do both Tate's using the boat inbetween. I've done the boat trip to Greenwich, very good.  
What about the Tower itself?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Southcoastffc

Thanks for all those good suggestions.  Lunch at Pont de la Tour then Design Museum and Cheapside Horde looks a good combination.

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Herbie

You can get 2-for-1 tickets at the design museum if you have travelled by train.

You need to print off a voucher from here (http://www.cheaper-days-out.co.uk/londonmuseums.html) and show your train tickets

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Herbie on March 23, 2014, 02:32:02 PM
You can get 2-for-1 tickets at the design museum if you have travelled by train.

You need to print off a voucher from here (http://www.cheaper-days-out.co.uk/londonmuseums.html) and show your train tickets
I like it!