more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A winning team Fulham should field

Started by Nick Bateman, March 24, 2014, 03:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

If I was in Maggie's boots I would pick the following team all-being fit:

David Stockdale (gives 100% at least, but as I said a few months back, Stekelenburg has cost us too many points with his half-hearted goalkeeping)
Sacha Reiter (still one of the best right-back's in the Premier League, despite a few recent errors)
Keiron Richardson (in defence not attack as against City)
Brede Hangeland & Johnny Heitinga  (hopefully Amorebieta's sending off will force him to be left out before he does more damage)
Scott Parker (or William Kvist if injured)
Steve Sidwell
Lewis Holtby
Kacaniklic
Darren Bent
Mitroglou

Why Maggie is leaving out two powerful forwards for youth team players is not an experiment he should try when we are fighting for our survival.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

MJG

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 24, 2014, 03:58:03 PM

David Stockdale (gives 100% at least, but as I said a few months back, Stekelenburg has cost us too many points with his half-hearted goalkeeping)
Sacha Reiter (still one of the best right-back's in the Premier League, despite a few recent errors)
Brede Hangeland & Johnny Heitinga  (hopefully Amorebietta's sending off will force him to be left out before he does more damage)
Steve Sidwell
Lewis Holtby
Darren Bent
Mitroglou

Why Maggie is leaving out two powerful forwards for youth team players is not an experiment he should try when we are fighting for our survival.
Only ten players in your team!!!

Nick Bateman

FFC1987

ross_bamping

You have put in a post related to favouring Darren Bent. I would take a long, very hard think about the clinical error you have made. I will not be held responsible for my future responses regarding the fat, useless lump of lard.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

nose

i would say woodrow has led the line really well, better than any of our so called 'experienced' players.. what he needs is a lot more support from midfield, I would trust him rather than bent or rodders, and as far as the injured greek goes, he is a disgraceful bad taste joke, he will not feature as a positive for us this season... his mind is in protecting himself for brazil..... just my opinion of course.

St Eve

Nick Bateman

I really do not like Kasami.  He scored a wonder-goal (yes, even better than Rooney's shove-in-the-back, or Wilshere's 7 yard tap-in) and is trying to get another every time he gets near the goal. 

This results in the ball sailing into Row Z and no service to the proper strikers.  He also balloons every free-kick he takes, while nominating himself for every one.

JDH101

I don't know where to start but this is an appalling team. Reiter one of the best right backs in the premiership. Are you having a laugh?

Burt

No space for Woodrow, Kasami, Dejagah, and Burn??

Admin

Quote from: JDH101 on March 24, 2014, 05:17:01 PM
I don't know where to start but this is an appalling team. Reiter one of the best right backs in the premiership. Are you having a laugh?

He's been one of the worst this season, After giving that stupid penalty away to Liverpool and parading around in that United shirt, I couldn't care less if he ever played for Fulham ever again. Him and Amorbeita are high up there on my Fulham's most hate list of the season, Jol being No.1

PeterFFC

I'd prefer
           Stockdale
Riether, Heitinga, Burn, Riise
               Kvist
Dejagah Sidwell Richardson
           Holtby
         Mitroglou ( if not fit Woodrow or Tankovic)

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 24, 2014, 03:58:03 PM

Brede Hangeland & Johnny Heitinga  (hopefully Amorebieta's sending off will force him to be left out before he does more damage)
Steve Sidwell
Lewis Holtby
Kacaniklic
Darren Bent
Mitroglou

Terrible team selection, do you even watch the games?
Play a terrible £12M striker just for sake he costs that much. Bent who for someone who is an expert finisher doesn't seem to be able to finish his dinner. Parker is a joke. He is the most negative coward of a player. Pass forward? Nah too risky pass sideways instead.

Kaca seems to be going backwards. Richardson has his best games as a counter attacking winger not LB
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Forever Fulham

Richardson can't create anything on his own. Neither can Parker.  Kaca makes nice penetrations into the final third but always gets dispossessed, rather easily, I think.  I hope Mitroglou isn't a bust, but instead is really injured and trying to play through the pain.  But, so far, it doesn't look good.  Amorebieta has not impressed me at all.  Holtby has courage and speed and thinks quickly.  Riether...I have a love/hate thing about the guy.  Sometimes he plays quite well; other times, it's like I don't even recognize him out there! 

We play not to lose, rather than play to win.  Still tentative, predictable.  We develop offensive play too slowly.  You can't break down a defense if you don't make quick decisions and create some chaos where a defender momentarily loses position or his mark.  Everything is so predictable. 

mangoputney

Its when you see that alleged best eleven that you can start to laugh at how crap we are, start to smile and prepare for the championship

Heitinga and Holtby, only two that any other Prem team would take
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Scrumpy

I remember when our opinions regarding the best team available varied by maybe 2 or 3 players. Now, we struggle to agree on a core group of 2 or 3 that should always start.  fp.gif

It seems to be how the Managers view things too. All three of them this season have had no clue what their best eleven is. I thought it would change with Felix, but the changes seem to continue every week.

:dead horse:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Felix Mitroglou

Quote from: Admin on March 24, 2014, 06:24:23 PM
Quote from: JDH101 on March 24, 2014, 05:17:01 PM

He's been one of the worst this season, After giving that stupid penalty away to Liverpool and parading around in that United shirt, I couldn't care less if he ever played for Fulham ever again. Him and Amorbeita are high up there on my Fulham's most hate list of the season, Jol being No.1
:plus one:

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree with you regarding Stockdale, Holtby, Sidwell.... These 3 players seem to care bout the club, and are the core players....the rest imo have not been good enough this season. Maybe Heitinga as we simply have no other better option, barring Burn, and perhaps Bent for the reason I will explain below.

I think Woodrow has done fantastic since he came on the scene, so why he is dropped from your team is a mystery.

Richardson is much more effective on the wing, and imo is terrible at fullback, that being said I think he is better than Riise, and we simply have no other option.... so I may agree with you on that one as well

Reither has been awful this season, one of my biggest disappointments, I would not mind even Passley getting the nod over him.

Parker came on the scene with a bang, but has been very poor recently.

Bent could actually work, with a player like Woodrow, who holds the ball up so well, Bent does get goals, and could be important for us towards the end of the season.

I would like to see an adventurous 3-5-2;

Stockdale
          Heitinga Hangeland Burn
Dejegah            Kvist                Richardson
                  Holtby Sidwell
                  Bent Woodrow

Nick Bateman

Fulham should play 2 up top and at least one recognized name striker to unnerve the opposition.  Woodrow on his own or with Paddy Roberts is beyond a JOKE!

Jamie88

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 25, 2014, 11:35:43 AM
Fulham should play 2 up top and at least one recognized name striker to unnerve the opposition.  Woodrow on his own or with Paddy Roberts is beyond a JOKE!

In your opinion of course