watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's do or die on Sunday, I feel

Started by Admin, March 25, 2014, 01:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

I believe the Newcastle win gave us a small life line, or just prolonged our agony leading up to the Man City game, but Everton really is last chance saloon, and where the hard graft starts.

Based on this season, and the season before, I personally feel that we deserve to be rock bottom of the Premiership, in a season where we've failed to hit any sort of form, or even beat someone convincingly, home or away.

Based on an average season over 13 years, the Cottage is usually a fortress for us, teams like Everton, Spurs, Liverpool have all been known to leave licking their wounds, or to at least known they've been in a game.

For me, this season has to be one of the worst I've experienced in Fulham's top flight history, even worse than the Sanchez year. We've been a complete shambles from top to bottom and on a reflection of this, has seen us rooted to the bottom of the league with no signs of improvement.

If we are to turn this horrible nightmare around, it has to start at home to Everton without any excuses. No bad luck, no heroic loses, no mistakes, no fresh injuries, no out of form players, just hard work, guts with some decent football thrown in with a determination to win!

Have we got it in us? Based on this season alone, the players we have, and the form we've produced, I don't think we have. That's not from a negative point of view, but just a realistic one. I expect Everton to come down to Craven Cottage, beat us 2 or 3-0, and that will be then end of that.

Your challenge Fulham is to prove me wrong.

CorkCity

Unfortunately I also think it will be an easy enough win for Everton, we might put up a bit of a fight for the first 30 mins or so, the first goal will be the important one in this game and I doubt that we will be scoring it !
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

mangoputney

In the last three seasons, they along with Chelsea, Man City have convincingly schooled us / pressured us from the off

Unfortunately don't see it changing unless someone / a collective have their game of the season
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

hovewhite

I am. Just hoping for a good performance irrespective of the result with the players showing pride and respect to the shirt and the supporters.

Fulham76

Unfortunately for us, Everton aren't just a good side but they're also a hard working side. None of their players spring to mind as outstanding or world class but all are generally very good. Add that to their 'team' work & they'll be too good for us. The 1st goal will be important & if it's them that get it, we'll witness yet another collapse & I'm also expecting a 0-2 or 0-3 score line.
If, on the other hand, we put in a proper hardworking performance, get some luck & hope they're a little knackered after their game tonight, maybe we could sneak a cheeky win.

Lighthouse

There have been so many last chances for us and we have failed each and every one of them. I don't see this match being any different. If we do win however I hope it gives the team abit of confidence. From now on every game is winnable for the old Fulham. Sadly we just have an old Fulham with a few kids who flatter to deceive. The last grains of sand are falling from the hour glass

So soon this awful season will be over. It has been coming for a few years now. Let's see what the next few will bring.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Herbie

It feels like this is a slow and painful demise; we're still taking in breath but we are lying on the hospital bed with the machines turned off.  We might, just might, get a positive result on Sunday, but my concern is that we will then probably throw away one of the so called easy home games.

I feel that if there were 2 additional games for our run in then we might have a more realistic hope. However, the grim reality is that we will have to go on a crazy run of form to turn this season around, but the signs just aren't there that we can do it in the little remaining time that we have left.

Denver Fulham

Our level of performance would have buried us in nearly every other season. The fact we still have a semi-reasonable path to survival shows how horrible the bottom of the league is this season, which makes possible relegation even more annoying/painful/disappointing/stupid.

Blanco

YoungsBitter

We generally beat Everton at home and lose at Goodison. We beat this team already in Capital One and the score line at Goodison flattered them. Martinez has never won at Craven Cottage in his career. Very winnable but yes, if not then the season is over for sure. If we do win its the right building block to win the rest and I am sure Magath knows that all too well.
In which case I expect us to come screaming out of the traps and if for once we do actually score as opposed to nearly score ( Richardson, Riether, Sidders - I am looking at you of late) it could be an interesting Sunday!
Quark, strangeness and charm

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Herbie on March 25, 2014, 05:05:31 PM
It feels like this is a slow and painful demise; we're still taking in breath but we are lying on the hospital bed with the machines turned off.  We might, just might, get a positive result on Sunday, but my concern is that we will then probably throw away one of the so called easy home games.

I feel that if there were 2 additional games for our run in then we might have a more realistic hope. However, the grim reality is that we will have to go on a crazy run of form to turn this season around, but the signs just aren't there that we can do it in the little remaining time that we have left.

We had two additional games: West Brom. and Cardiff

epsomraver

Quote from: YoungsBitter on March 25, 2014, 07:33:30 PM
We generally beat Everton at home and lose at Goodison. We beat this team already in Capital One and the score line at Goodison flattered them. Martinez has never won at Craven Cottage in his career. Very winnable but yes, if not then the season is over for sure. If we do win its the right building block to win the rest and I am sure Magath knows that all too well.
In which case I expect us to come screaming out of the traps and if for once we do actually score as opposed to nearly score ( Richardson, Riether, Sidders - I am looking at you of late) it could be an interesting Sunday!

We played Everton reserves that night, not the full team, Barry came on late and we struggled then,   we did not beat the full Everton team.

chiefo

And after tonight's result we'll be up against a team chasing the 4th spot. Hope we at least show some heart and desire and with a bit of luck just maybe, or Martinez to get his first Cottage victory........?

Wouldn't be the first duck to be broken against us this season.

LillieBoy

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 25, 2014, 04:26:53 PM
There have been so many last chances for us and we have failed each and every one of them. I don't see this match being any different. If we do win however I hope it gives the team abit of confidence. From now on every game is winnable for the old Fulham. Sadly we just have an old Fulham with a few kids who flatter to deceive. The last grains of sand are falling from the hour glass

So soon this awful season will be over. It has been coming for a few years now. Let's see what the next few will bring.

:54:

Admin

Quote from: chiefo on March 25, 2014, 10:03:41 PM
And after tonight's result we'll be up against a team chasing the 4th spot. Hope we at least show some heart and desire and with a bit of luck just maybe, or Martinez to get his first Cottage victory........?

Wouldn't be the first duck to be broken against us this season.

Was going to say something very similar

St Eve

If Felix picks the right team and we start with confidence we can win this game

Deanothefulhamfan

If, and I it is a huge IF we beat Everton, there is no reason why we cannot win our other home games....

They are going to be the toughest opposition we play at home, and I think the key result here is not to lose.... a draw is not ideal but against a top side like Everton it will be another point towards our target of 13