more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Recommended read - Suggs autobiography

Started by Burt, March 25, 2014, 11:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Yes, I know he's Chelsea etc. etc.

But it's a cracking read, and as I am roughly the same age as him and as I was a Madness nut and as I went to the Oratory and went to as many Chelsea games with them as Fulham matches with family it really has evoked a load of childhood memories!

Good stuff.

LillieBoy

Quote from: Burt on March 25, 2014, 11:06:34 PM
Yes, I know he's Chelsea etc. etc.

But it's a cracking read, and as I am roughly the same age as him and as I was a Madness nut and as I went to the Oratory and went to as many Chelsea games with them as Fulham matches with family it really has evoked a load of childhood memories!

Good stuff.

How can you NOT  love THIS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXuvdeEC5y8#

HillingdonFFC

A few years ago he did a tv series about disappearing London. Didn't catch that but read the accompanying book. Talks very fondly of Craven Cottage where he saw his first ever game. Said he could have easily been a Fulham fan but his school was a stone's throw from Stamford Bridge and they had an exciting team at time.
Think One Better Day is one of the most underrated songs ever, brilliant song about the sadder side of London

Deanothefulhamfan

I am a huge madness fan.... May have to give it a read upon your recommendation...

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Coincidence.  The other night I watched a You Tube stream of the Kumars with Madness and Leslie Phillips.
Funny down to earth geezers.
That was after I'd watched my yearly dose of Last Night of the Proms !
Got to have my reminders of the UK
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

SP

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on March 26, 2014, 04:57:51 AM
A few years ago he did a tv series about disappearing London. Didn't catch that but read the accompanying book. Talks very fondly of Craven Cottage where he saw his first ever game. Said he could have easily been a Fulham fan but his school was a stone's throw from Stamford Bridge and they had an exciting team at time.
Think One Better Day is one of the most underrated songs ever, brilliant song about the sadder side of London

I watched the episode when he visited the Cottage, as stated, he was extremely complementary.  I recall he was in the JH Stand, glorious sunshine with the pitch in perfect condition.  He commented he understood why Fulham fans chose to spend their Saturday afternoons here.