watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I Can't See Us Beating Everton On Sunday

Started by Blanco, March 26, 2014, 11:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanco

We all know that our home games are must wins from now on if we want to survive in the Premier League and Everton is one of them. I watched the highlights of their game against Newcastle last night and they were very good. The link up between Deulofeu and Lukaku was brilliant. We already know Everton are a good side but watching last night made me lose the hope I had of us getting a win. I think a draw against them would be a good result. The problem is, with the situation we're in we need the 3 points.

Ross Barkley also stood out with his great goal that put them ahead. He's a player we'll have to watch out for but I think we all knew that before last nights goal. We can take confidence from the fact that we did beat them in the Cup and that Newcastle aren't in great form lately(even we beat them). Everton are also on a run of 4 Prem Games games without losing so it could be about time they lost.

049:gif

Bedford White

Quote from: Blanco on March 26, 2014, 11:20:05 AM
We all know that our home games are must wins from now on if we want to survive in the Premier League and Everton is one of them. I watched the highlights of their game against Newcastle last night and they were very good. The link up between Deulofeu and Lukaku was brilliant. We already know Everton are a good side but watching last night made me lose the hope I had of us getting a win. I think a draw against them would be a good result. The problem is, with the situation we're in we need the 3 points.

Ross Barkley also stood out with his great goal that put them ahead. He's a player we'll have to watch out for but I think we all knew that before last nights goal. We can take confidence from the fact that we did beat them in the Cup and that Newcastle aren't in great form lately(even we beat them). Everton are also on a run of 4 Prem Games games without losing so it could be about time they lost.

Started a bit negative there, but there was a lighter note at the end. I'll agree that they're going to be hard to beat. Everton have really impressed this season and Roberto Martinez has proven what a good manager he is.

I'd like them to get a top four finish over Spurs and Arsenal but not at our expense this weekend. The team really need to dig deep and rise to the challenge, nothing less than a draw will do.

Fulham76

Quote from: Blanco on March 26, 2014, 11:20:05 AM

I think we'll lose as well but their win at Newcastle last night was their 1st away league win since December & only their 5th of the season, so at least we won't be the team to give them their 1st away win of 2014.
Also, they have struggled against the likes of Cardiff earlier this month, where they got a last minute winner to win 2-1 & West Ham, scraping a 1-0 win.

Burt

I'm gunning for a nerve-jangling finger-biting 1-0 win that will kick-start our strong run through to the end.

Admin

Quote from: Burt on March 26, 2014, 12:40:18 PM
I'm gunning for a nerve-jangling finger-biting 1-0 win that will kick-start our strong run through to the end.

I've been gunning for this type or result for god knows how long, can't see it just miraculously happening against an inform Everton. 0-2 to the Toffees

JBH

What ever the score on Sunday we are going down because we deserve to after this seasons performances so just get use to it  :028:

TheManOnTheBus

Just watched the highlights again of our Man City game.  If we play like we did in first 30 minutes (with a bit of luck for some of our chances which we are creating these days) then we are well in with a chance.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Aaron

I can't see it either but it's probably the stiffest test we have left this season. If we were to win, I could almost see us staying up.

The season starts or ends on Sunday!

Wimbledon_White

Classic94

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on March 26, 2014, 01:21:08 PM
Just watched the highlights again of our Man City game.  If we play like we did in first 30 minutes (with a bit of luck for some of our chances which we are creating these days) then we are well in with a chance.

Yep, we more than held our own with 11 men. Amorebieta lost us the game. Still, we will have to be at our best for 90 minutes to win against Everton - something which we haven't done anywhere near enough this season.

terryr

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on March 26, 2014, 02:15:24 PM
We'll lose.
We're going down.
That's the spirit!
I on the other hand will be at the cottage cheering the lads on.

Baszab

we need the same spirit and support we had when we beat Birmingham 2-0 - everyone almost willed the team to win

psand22

I haven't given up on the season and I hope the team hasn't either.  I was thinking we had a pretty good record against Everton at home recently and I see the trend continuing with a big win.  It's time for a few good breaks and maybe finishing our chances. 

Aaron

Quote from: psand22 on March 26, 2014, 02:51:40 PM
I haven't given up on the season and I hope the team hasn't either.  I was thinking we had a pretty good record against Everton at home recently and I see the trend continuing with a big win.  It's time for a few good breaks and maybe finishing our chances.  

Unfortunately we don't have a good record against Everton in the league.. Quite the opposite in fact.  I think we've beaten them once in the last 8 or 9 years in the league.  The game at the Cottage last season was an absolute massacre too.

Edit: Actually, now I look at the stats our record isn't *too* bad going back a while and it's a couple of years now since the 4-0 although I could have sworn last year they ripped us a new one but it seems it finished 2-2.

HatterDon

Quote from: TerryR on March 26, 2014, 02:38:48 PM
We'll lose.
We're going down.
That's the spirit!

Why are these two mutually exclusive? Don't you cheer the lads on in matches knowing that you're going to lose? And why would you stop caring about Fulham when you know that we're being relegated?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

terryr

Quote from: HatterDon on March 26, 2014, 04:02:43 PM
Quote from: TerryR on March 26, 2014, 02:38:48 PM
We'll lose.
We're going down.
That's the spirit!

Why are these two mutually exclusive? Don't you cheer the lads on in matches knowing that you're going to lose? And why would you stop caring about Fulham when you know that we're being relegated?
I suppose I was simply reacting to the resigned pessimistic fatalism, rather than commenting on a mutually exclusive element in terms of the objective of my reply

ffc73

Quote from: Aaron on March 26, 2014, 02:58:25 PM
Quote from: psand22 on March 26, 2014, 02:51:40 PM
I haven't given up on the season and I hope the team hasn't either.  I was thinking we had a pretty good record against Everton at home recently and I see the trend continuing with a big win.  It's time for a few good breaks and maybe finishing our chances. 

Unfortunately we don't have a good record against Everton in the league.. Quite the opposite in fact.  I think we've beaten them once in the last 8 or 9 years in the league.  The game at the Cottage last season was an absolute massacre too.

Edit: Actually, now I look at the stats our record isn't *too* bad going back a while and it's a couple of years now since the 4-0 although I could have sworn last year they ripped us a new one but it seems it finished 2-2.

Everton did 'murder' us 2-2 at our place last season.  We were totally outplayed and at 1-2 Moyes took off offensive players, put on defensive ones and Sidwell scored an equaliser deep deep into stoppage time when we realised we were still in the game.

Which is why, whilst I "can't see us winning on Sunday" and "we are probably relegated anyway" you never know and I will be there cheering whoever plays in white shirts.  COYW

jeremyfulham

I think Everton are a seriously good team and would be happy with a draw yes I know we need wins but this is a tough game .
Taking 3000 to Villa should give us a boost and I think we have better chance of the 3 points there, I think the win against them was the only time we played well and fully deserved all 3 points.
Please keep the faith even if we get nothing from Everton game COYW  049:gif