News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have you ever hated another team enough to want FFC to lose?

Started by Neil D, March 26, 2014, 01:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitimo

What's the point in hating any other club?  that is a waste of emotion which I prefer to direct in a positive way to Fulham however they perform.

Aaron

Quote from: alfie on March 26, 2014, 06:19:03 PM
Quote from: Aaron on March 26, 2014, 02:04:26 PM
"Hate" is an incredibly strong word and without wanting to sound like some sort of old schoolmaster, it has no place in football.  I don't "hate" any other team in any other league.

I don't actually like Chelsea or QPR because of how they do business but I'd apply the same to Manchester City.  It's all about the money with them.  I'd be of the view that no team should be in a position to have a second string side that would still be in with a shout of winning the league.  What's even worse than that is the ridiculous wages these clubs are willing to pay players signed to long term contracts on seemingly little more than a whim.  The number of careers that have been ended this way is horrid.  Player makes "dream move" on £100k a week and vanishes off the face of the earth because he never gets a game and no one is ever going to offer that sort of money elsewhere.

But none of this constitutes hate.  I just like to see it nor work out for clubs like this.

If we were a secure 11th or 12th or something with nothing to play for and the last game of the season was against Liverpool and our losing would mean Chelsea wouldn't win the title then I'd view it as a silver lining of sorts.  I'd much rather see us beat Liverpool though.

Have to say Aaron if it was not for MAF's money we would never have got to the premiership, for every club it is all about money, to be honest although nowhere the same sort of amounts, but technically we have paid to get where we are or maybe in a few weeks where we were,

I was thinking about that myself actually.. But I still consider what MAF did a little different.  When he got us into the Premier League he sort of throttled back and we went "sustainable" which I thought was encouraging and believe sets us a apart from some of the rest of them.

It's a valid point though.