watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham: We Keep Getting Hammered But I Still Believe We'll Stay Up

Started by Sanchezs Tactician, March 26, 2014, 06:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanchezs Tactician

http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/fulham-we-keep-getting-hammered-but-i-still-believe-well-stay-up/

Well, I can't say I was realistically expecting much from the Etihad.

However, 5-0 is pretty hard to take. The pigs flying across the sky out of my window had finally completely their brief cameo, and returned to their place in the forgotten underworld as Fulham retreated back to the comfort of losing ways.

It would be fair to say that it is difficult to predict a positive outcome when you find yourself up against a side who cost more than the GDP of most countries. Despite this, we started the game relatively well, slowly edging ourselves into the game. Having gone inches wide through Kieran Richardson, in true Fulham style, we conceded a penalty seconds later thanks to the inept Fernando Amorebieta.

What on earth was he doing? Next to no danger, and he feels the need to kick Negredo in the back. City take the lead, and it was pretty cagey up until half-time. In light of being 1-0 down, we seemed to look pretty solid, and City were finding it relatively hard to break us down. I was pretty happy to say the least.

Of course, this was to be removed early in the second period. Once again, Amorebieta showed all at Eastlands that he was about as useful as sandbags in a Tsunami by conceding another penalty and getting himself sent off. He demonstrated the concentration and vision of a blind man with ADHD starved of Ritalin, when bringing down David Silva, and his idiocy led to the floodgates opening up.

Following Yaya Toure tucking away his second penalty, the former Barcelona man completed his hat-trick with another trademark screamer from outside the area. One thing that has to be said is that the Ivorian is quite a player. Typically this was his first ever hat-trick in professional football, adding to the list of several records/droughts broken against Fulham.

The joke amongst Fulham fans is that if you are struggling for form, or have failed to find the net in 300 games, give Fulham a ring. Cue Martin Demichelis scoring his first goal for Manchester City from a yard out. The same man who has become the butt of several jokes and immense criticism. It was written in the stars.

Having returned to my routine of burying my head into my desk whilst watching Fulham, I briefly rose to witness young Patrick Roberts make his debut for the Whites. Having only turned 17 in March, it was a massive day for the winger. It always brings a smile to my face to think someone has achieved their dream, and I congratulate him on making his bow. The downside was that it reminded me I was nearly three years older than him, and whilst he was taking on Pablo Zabaleta, I stared across the room to see that the bins needed taking out. I'm sure Roberts was riddled with jealousy.

To top things off, substitute Lewis Holtby was hacked down outside the area, and the referee proceeded to book the German for diving. Whether it was for the supposed dive, or the fact Jonathan Moss felt strongly about men cheating on their partners, who knows, but it capped off a miserable day up North.

I am confident that had Amorebieta refrained from gambling about like a toddler on a treadmill, we would of left Manchester with what would be considered a respectable result.  The two penalties along with the red card took all the sting out of the game, and what looked to be a promising display soon turned into a public execution. We cannot afford for such players to be so rash in their decision-making, particularly in our predicament, and the Spaniard's impending three-game ban will come as a timely boost in this case.

Most fans looked at the Man City fixture as zero points on the board, and for me, it does little to hamper our chances of survival. The business end of the season starts next week, and three points at home to Everton could not be more vital. With results going our way this weekend, we still find ourselves only four points adrift from safety. I have all the belief we can escape the drop, particularly with some winnable games approaching.

Nurse, where are my pills?