watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderland

Started by Admin, March 26, 2014, 09:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

2-1 down at Liverpool, but have shown more fight than we have done all season, Liverpool currently hanging on for dear life. No way do we deserve to finish above Sunderland based on our current form, I'd feel like we'd have robbed them.

DevonFFC

Not if they don't rob you first, been there once and was chuffed when I left still wearing my watch and socks

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Admin on March 26, 2014, 09:46:45 PM
2-1 down at Liverpool, but have shown more fight than we have done all season, Liverpool currently hanging on for dear life. No way do we deserve to finish above Sunderland based on our current form, I'd feel like we'd have robbed them.
Why?
Do u think they give a damn about us if the other way round?
Look after no 1 as no one else will!

RaySmith

Sunderland really made a fight of it in the end, rattled Liverpool, and had a good scoring chance- I was very relieved when the final whistle went.

We need to show this kind of battling attitude right up to the end of the game.

cmg

Quote from: ollienixs on March 26, 2014, 09:48:20 PM
Not if they don't rob you first, been there once and was chuffed when I left still wearing my watch and socks

Bet that stopped the traffic on Scottie Road.

Admin

Quote from: BestOfBrede on March 26, 2014, 09:52:21 PM
Why?

Come on, on current form, do you honestly believe that we deserve to be above Sunderland? The answer to that is no, I know the table doesn't lie, but based on attitude, determination and fight, they are head and shoulders above us, they even had Liverpool on the ropes for best part of the 2nd half.

Jimpav

Didn't we push Liverpool quite hard a few weeks ago?

Liverpools defence are awful and flatter a lot of teams. If it wasn't for their prolific strike force they would be fighting relegation!

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Admin on March 26, 2014, 09:56:17 PM
Why?

Come on, on current form, do you honestly believe that we deserve to be above Sunderland? The answer to that is no, I know the table doesn't lie, but based on attitude, determination and fight, they are head and shoulders above us, they even had Liverpool on the ropes for best part of the 2nd half.
See Jimpavs response.
We gave them them a hard time too, and I don't care about what should or shouldn't be - I only care about the Whites. Over the season we haven't been very good but are still in touching distance of a number of teams. That tells me they are in the same boat and looking at the remaining fixtures I'm quite confident!

Fulham Tup North

Admin, you make it sound like when we played them that we showed no fight? We lost to a last minute penalty,  I presume you watched that game did you?
If we stay up, we will have deserved it. Not sure why you think us staying up is so unfair to Sunderland?  But you cheer on whoever you want to stay up. Its a free country.
I will keep the faith until it is mathematically over.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Admin

Quote from: BestOfBrede on March 26, 2014, 10:08:15 PM
Quote from: Admin on March 26, 2014, 09:56:17 PM
Why?

See Jimpavs response.
We gave them them a hard time too, and I don't care about what should or shouldn't be - I only care about the Whites. Over the season we haven't been very good but are still in touching distance of a number of teams. That tells me they are in the same boat and looking at the remaining fixtures I'm quite confident!

Ok, well, when we lose at home to Everton 2-0 on Sunday, and Sunderland beat West Ham Monday night by 2 clear goals, we'll revisit this post again to see how much we're in touching distance.

Admin

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 26, 2014, 10:14:18 PM
Admin, you make it sound like when we played them that we showed no fight? We lost to a last minute penalty,  I presume you watched that game did you?
If we stay up, we will have deserved it. Not sure why you think us staying up is so unfair to Sunderland?  But you cheer on whoever you want to stay up. Its a free country.
COYW

What, that last minute bit of stupidity by Reither you mean, who cost us a point? The same stupidity that got Amorbeita sent off against Man City, and so on. On a whole, our season has been full of stupid mistakes, tough luck, heroic defeats, even a 4-1 defeat at home to the hands of, wait for it, Sunderland. I've been a season ticket holder for years, I've spent a lot of my supporting life rattling around the lower divisions, but for the first time, I'll admit we've been absolutely terrible this season, and deserve to be where we are. It will take a Miracle to get us out of the mess we're in.     

Fulham Tup North

Then start
Quote from: Admin on March 26, 2014, 10:24:03 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on March 26, 2014, 10:14:18 PM
COYW

What, that last minute bit of stupidity by Reither you mean, who cost us a point? The same stupidity that got Amorbeita sent off against Man City, and so on. On a whole, our season has been full of stupid mistakes, tough luck, heroic defeats, even a 4-1 defeat at home to the hands of, wait for it, Sunderland. I've been a season ticket holder for years, I've spent a lot of my supporting life rattling around the lower divisions, but for the first time, I'll admit we've been absolutely terrible this season, and deserve to be where we are. It will take a Miracle to get us out of the mess we're in.    
Then start cheering for a miracle!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

St Eve

Admin how about just trying to be positive for once. Your posts are really quite depressing. Maybe the truth hurts but you have to be upbeat to be a Fulham fan. Trust me I have seen a lot worse times than this. Let's stop with the gloom and doom

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: St Eve on March 27, 2014, 12:03:08 AM
Admin how about just trying to be positive for once. Your posts are really quite depressing. Maybe the truth hurts but you have to be upbeat to be a Fulham fan. Trust me I have seen a lot worse times than this. Let's stop with the gloom and doom

Here, here St Eve. We will survive.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

St Eve

Quote from: maoconnor on March 27, 2014, 12:08:42 AM
Quote from: St Eve on March 27, 2014, 12:03:08 AM

Here, here St Eve. We will survive.
it all starts by beating Everton

Brede Butter Pudding

I don't agree about Sunderland, but then again I haven't agreed with much of what Admin has said over the last few months, constant negativity leading to depressing and argumentative threads.

Tonight's match, Liverpool vs. Sunderland, was a strange one. Liverpool should have been out of sight, had it not been for wasteful finishing, and Sunderland were only able to get back in the game due to lacklustre Liverpool defending, as well as number of other factors. Liverpool are looking to go for the title - their players and fans therefore knew that games like tonight will determine how their season ends, and with that comes pressure, and with pressure come nerves. Suarez wasn't anywhere near his best tonight, or as well as he's played for most of the season, and so they couldn't rely on his genius alone to get them through games.

They gifted Sunderland a goal from poor defending from a corner to make it 2-1, and then, naturally, they had a cagey last 20 minutes or so when, as normally happens in football matches, regardless of the opponent, the team at 2-1 tries to hang onto their slender lead while the losing team throw all they have at trying to find an equaliser.

I wouldn't say Sunderland showed any special fight... They hardly had a sniff in the first half. Of course, at only 2-1 down, they were going to go all out for the last 15 minutes, but so would any team - it was hardly fight in my eyes.

And we have shown plenty of fight over the last couple of months - maybe not against City last week, but against Liverpool, taking the lead twice, and then against United, finding an equaliser in the 94th minute. We also dug deep against Newcastle the other week to hold onto the win, and nearly had enough to get the win at the Hawthorns.

Some positivity, maybe, for a change? We can't focus on what other clubs around us are doing, only what we are capable of doing, and we are certainly capable of winning another 4, 5, possibly 6 games this season and staying in the division. Sunderland look just as vulnerable as we do, and nothing I saw from them this evening has changed that opinion.

K33NY

After that cheat Johnson did against us when we played Sunderland, I would rob them of that position any time at any day, I told you back then, their form was not gone last.

I wrote in a post is it sure they will win the coming games, my answer was no, and they havent, we gave Liverpool a hard time, so did Sunderland, but just continue to watch, and mark my words, THEY will be bottom 3 end of season cus they have the hardest fixutre of last matches compared to us a perhaps they get a win against west ham, but after that its:

Tottenham
Everton
City
Chelsea
Cardiff  (bottom league fight for survival) and I dont think Cardiff will give them a easy match either and I am hoping for a draw on that one!
West Brom  (allso this could be a fight for survival for West Brom)
Swansea  maybe

They dont have a good run ahead, and as I mentioned before they look really out of form, but yes some parts of todays match against Liverpool they did well, but not good enough.

I hope, I believe, I will pray for a miracle! but the thing is, I have settled with it if we go down, and take the survival as early christmas presant, bonus, birthday presant and whatever you can mentioned.

RaySmith

You're right BredeButter - we have shown plenty of fight in recent games, even against City we  matched them in the first half, until the pen, and should have scored.

The thing is though, that apart from Newcastle - we just haven't managed to get the results.

We gave Liverpool a good game, as you say, but then were undone by a silly pen - and that seems to sum up our season.

But I agree - we are capable of escaping the drop, and think Felix could be the man to lead it, but I am wary of saying this when there have been so many false dawns-though I certainly hope it.

But we, as fans, need to get behind the team in every game, and not be defeatist or fatalistic, to give the team the best chance.

TonyGilroy

I don't understand why there's an imperative to express optimism on here. Surely we can all just post what we think and how we feel.

We all know how bad we've been this season but there's no point in watching matches if there wasn't at least some possiblity that things will get better.

I expect we'll lose to Everton but I'll be there hoping we don't and will be mighty pissed if we get what I expect. And still I'll think that if we could just win our last 6 games....................

alfie

Sorry Admin disagree with your last bit, if we end up with more points that Sunderland then we deserve to finish above them.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't