watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Grimmer recalled

Started by Zu-Meister, March 27, 2014, 11:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zu-Meister

http://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/article/20140327-jack-grimmer-recalled-to-fulham-1448453.aspx?

Defender returns to Fulham

Fulham have exercised a clause in the loan agreement between the two clubs to recall defender Jack Grimmer from his loan spell as their injury situation means he is likely to be involved in their first team plans for this weekend.
Jack leaves Port Vale with everybody's best wishes after the youngster impressed right from day one, both on and off the pitch.
Vale boss Micky Adams said: "Jack has been a pleasure to work with and I am sure if he continues to learn he will have a big future in the game and we wish him all the best on his return to Fulham."

Read more at http://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/article/20140327-jack-grimmer-recalled-to-fulham-1448453.aspx?#w7zmb6PZbQxlibZk.99

Classic94

I suspect that this may signal the end of Amorebieta's Fulham career?

Buffalo76

Quote from: Classic94 on March 27, 2014, 11:53:02 AM

:yay:

LBNo11

...Valiant's fans views are overall complimentary:-

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?74161-Grimmer-recalled

I hope they get their act together at Port Vale, when we beat them 6-0 on a night of torrential downpours their fans cheered all the way through, big respect to them, and memories of Fulham in the lower leagues before we had money. Although Micky Adams is getting it in the neck there, I will always hold him with deep respect for what he achieved at Fulham when we were pony.

I hope young Grimmer can step up to the plate if he gets a chance...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Roberty

Quote from: Buffalo76 on March 27, 2014, 11:58:15 AM

:yay:

Stop cheering - I would be sure it means that Dan Burns injury is worse than expected
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

cmg

Quote from: LBNo11 on March 27, 2014, 12:17:56 PM
...Valiant's fans views are overall complimentary:-

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?74161-Grimmer-recalled

They seem to have liked him there from day one. Some think he has been messed around a bit by being switched between RB and CB.

This remark was a bit below the belt! (although understandable): "When he joined we still had a chance of playing in the Championship next season. Now he's gone to a club that can guarantee him Championship football."

He's an impressive bloke and, I guess, is needed as cover in the absence of Amorebietta and the various injury question marks against other defenders. Good luck to him anyway.

bill taylors apprentice

Does Grimmer have pace? Is he quick?

No pace, no chance in the PL. 

fulhamrover

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 27, 2014, 12:38:31 PM
Does Grimmer have pace? Is he quick?

No pace, no chance in the PL. 

John Terry, Carragher, Vidic, Hughes & Hangeland and so on all lack pace. Strong positioning skills make up for a lack of pace.

westcliff white

but isn't Grimmer a full back? if so he would need pace. centrally you can get way with it on positioning, but not at full back for me
Every day is a Fulham day

Fulham76

Lets hope so. I've not been impressed.
Another red card to add to his massive collection, (in Spain), & always seems liable to a cock up or 2.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: westcliff white on March 27, 2014, 12:48:57 PM
but isn't Grimmer a full back? if so he would need pace. centrally you can get way with it on positioning, but not at full back for me

My thoughts exactly!

MasterHaynes

Hes played both and looks comfortable in both, good reader of the game and a real competitor, certainly doesn't lack pace.

fulhamrover

He started off as a full back but for the under 18's and under 21's Fulham converted him to a center back.

cmg

I've only seen him play centre-back, although he certainly featured at right-back before Passley emerged and has normally been RB for Scotland u19.
He's not unlike a young Aaron Hughes to my mind, although quicker and more adventurous. He is also often (a very vocal) captain.

Zu-Meister

from what ive seen of him hes a bit shirt for CB no? How tall is he now?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Zu-Meister on March 27, 2014, 02:02:46 PM
from what ive seen of him hes a bit shirt for CB no? How tall is he now?

Koscielny and Puyol aren't the tallest but they're not too bad are they?

cmg

Shown as 1.84 - little bit taller than Hughes, Heitinga.

TheManOnTheBus

simplyfulham

I'm reasonably sure that he actually began at centre midfield for Aberdeen.

He was (and I think still is?) Aberdeen's youngest ever player to play in the SPL.

He's definitely on the list of players with a very good shot at 'making it' here at Fulham.

westcliff white

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on March 27, 2014, 02:23:45 PM
And Cannavaro is 5'9".

Sadly you don't find many Cannavaro's around. if only we had one
Every day is a Fulham day