https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz to return?

Started by akf, March 27, 2014, 01:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Bassey the warrior

Can't see it myself and I'm not sure it's a good move for us. Having looked at the stats I can see that he's still giving the ball way a lot, although he's shooting much more and generally much more effective. I think we'll get relegated and sell him and with any luck get back a fair amount of what we paid. He's a nice guy and I wish him all the luck in the world (apart from when he plays England).

westcliff white

he actually said .... he hasn't ruled it out as we have time to save ourselves. Can anyone seriously see him liking the training under Felix?
Every day is a Fulham day

Fulham76

The English game is too physical for Ruiz & the championship will be even tougher for someone like him. Although, (without meaning to contradict myself), for some reason I can see him playing for a team like Swansea & doing quite well.
But, from our point of view, hopefully he'll have a brilliant world cup & we'll sell him for a decent price in the summer.

Aaron

Getting some money back for him in the summer would be the best outcome for all parties I think.

We're not the team and this isn't the league (even moreso the Championship) for him.

PaulJ123

Sell him to a Spanish team for 5m+ and everyone's happy.
I don't like the fact he's saying he'll only stay if we stay up and how he's a premier league player. He's a major part of the reason why we're where we are.
Sell and use David over him, twice the player.

Nero

a pre season under Felix he'll be a brick out house

Mhbruce

Fulham76

Quote from: Mhbruce on March 27, 2014, 10:05:16 PM
I forgot about him

Easily done. I barely noticed him when he was out on the pitch wearing a Fulham shirt!

K33NY

Tbh it wouldnt shock me if the announced it, Magath may be desperate enough to try out anything for us to win, and stay alive, who knows maybe he would do good under Magath as well

nose

ruiz is a step backwards in a team where that seems almost impossible!

Admin

We need a foward. If Ruiz is played in his natural position, who knows.

@jolslover

im all for ruiz coming back, very lightweight but i do rate him, what do we have to loose?
STH H3

Black, White and Fred

Ruiz and Woodrow? It could work. The only problem is the pointless tracking back by Ruiz, he might as well not bother becuase its only for show.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

HatterDon

You never know. Felix might actually play him in a position that emphasizes his strengths rather than his weaknesses. Every time he had a decent game, it was when he was doing the dictating. If he was playing for a manager with a damn clue during his time at Fulham, he might have had a good run with us.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MasterHaynes

If you look at his stats he generally covered the most ground in games,ran more miles than anyone. Everyone needs to remember he is not a box to box midfielder, he has proved that as a forward he can score incredible goals and create goals from nothing, a valuable talent in the premiership. one we have lacked all season.
Unfortunately Berbatov played that position with the luxury of no responsibility to constantly cover fullbacks and midfield runs.
Pesonally I don't think he would have a problem with Magath's training as his stats prove. If you look at Dembele he was half the player when playing wide, lots of runs across the pitch but generally no end result, moved him to central midfield and he was a revelation.
When a club purchases a player it  with a mind to fit his strengths into the teams formation, alas we rarely saw the best of Ruiz because we rarely played to his strengths, we shouldn't Blame Ruiz because the manager pushed iinto the wrong position.

Walsh

I would bring him back right now.  I'm a huge fan of Bryan and I feel that if played in the right position he would be insane. we only saw a few games where Bryan was at his best.

nose

Quote from: Walsh on March 28, 2014, 11:22:39 AM
I would bring him back right now.  I'm a huge fan of Bryan and I feel that if played in the right position he would be insane. we only saw a few games where Bryan was at his best.

what position is that?... i saw him play a a variety of positions, wide, centre mid, just behind the front man, more advanced, more withdrawn and none of them seemed to make any difference. i am curious (honest) as to what position you think he will make an impact.

Berserker

I like Bryan and would like to see him have a go in a team managed by somebody that gave him confidence, something that I felt was sapped out of him this season.

Mind you reading his interview it sounds as if he will only come back if we stay in the Prem
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.