watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mags the Press Conference notes

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, March 28, 2014, 01:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

@FulhamFC: Felix Magath admits that Everton is probably the most difficult home match remaining for Fulham, but he is looking forward to the game

@FulhamFC: Magath: "I'm convinced that we are staying in the league.

@FulhamFC: Team news: Kostas Mitroglou remains absent, but Magath hopes to have him back next week

@FulhamFC: Team news: Ashkan Dejagah will return to the squad, but Scott Parker remains sidelined

@FulhamFC: FM on Mahamadou Diarra: "He is a very, very good player and, with his personality, he always looks to play the ball forwards."
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

nose

so according to the manager kostas may yet play again this season (we have heard that before).... however i do not for one second believe mitroglu will play any meaningful football for us until after the world cup (if at all then). I think his injury to the knee is called riodejanieroites, and will miraculously be Ok in summer.

Scrumpy

Interesting what he says about Kostas.

Glad he's convinced about staying in the league. I guess if he doesn't have belief, then no-one else will.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Brede Butter Pudding

https://twitter.com/thomasmcilroy

FM: "We know that 5-0 was a little bit too much, but against such a good team as Man City with one man less you have very few chances."

Magath says the game against City wasn't critical, as no-one expected Fulham to get anything there.

Magath: Everton is the most difficult home game remaining.

FM: "I don't think about the other teams and the table. We have to get points, win games otherwise we have no chance to stay in the league."

FM: "We have to win because we are a few points adrift."

FM: "I knew it was a difficult job to do and so it is. I don't worry, I'm happy to be here."

FM: "I'm convinced that we're staying in the league."

Mitroglou out.

Mitroglou should return next week.

Magath says he'll stay at Fulham whatever division they're in next season.

Parker out, Karagounis doubtful and Dejagah should be back.

Magath confirms MItroglou should be back next week from his knee injury.

FM on Mitroglou: "He is not happy, it's a normal thing for footballers. Sometimes you have injuries. We're unlucky to have it now."

Magath confirms the club won't risk Mitroglou if he isn't fit.

FM on Diarra: "He always thinks about playing forward. If he's ready to play, he can help us a lot in improving our forward play."

FM on Stek: He's got good goalkeeping abilities but at the moment, Stockdale is the person who gives more to the players.

FM on Stek: He's got to be patient, it may not be forever.

FM on Holtby: "For him it was a problem last week, but now it seems in the training sessions he's managed this situation."

Press conference over.

HatterDon

We're subject to long-term droughts here in the Peoples Republic, and when this happens our local weather forecasts become a joke. Even during the driest times, the forecasters say that "three days from now we'll have a 30% chance of showers."

The football version of this is "No MetroGlue Sunday, but a 30% chance NEXT weekend."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Quote from: HatterDon on March 28, 2014, 01:36:50 PM
We're subject to long-term droughts here in the Peoples Republic, and when this happens our local weather forecasts become a joke. Even during the driest times, the forecasters say that "three days from now we'll have a 30% chance of showers."

The football version of this is "No MetroGlue Sunday, but a 30% chance NEXT weekend."

Fans are always going on about a new chant. Why not this one. Mitroglou out, but back next week to the strains of Marc Bolan's  Metal Guru
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ChesterTheTabby

Dejagah and Diarra to play hopefully. Mags calling him a very very good player shows he is ready.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 28, 2014, 02:49:55 PM

Fans are always going on about a new chant. Why not this one. Mitroglou out, but back next week to the strains of Marc Bolan's  Metal Guru
Quote from: Lighthouse on March 28, 2014, 02:49:55 PM

ha ha Metal Guru like it
maybe should be ...

Mitroglou where are you
Mitroglou where are you

JackyFulham90

Dejagah & Diarra starting Sunday would be a huge boost for us

randomguy

Diarra to score an injury time winner?  Or to be injured in no time?

fulhamrover

Thank you for these updates OP, really useful for those of us without twitter

Count Berbatov

Megadeath is just an absolute joy to listen to. Straight forward. No games. Stock gives more, Stek is good but...etc
I like his comments on Diarra. Hope to see him play again this season
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Andy S

When has any manager ever said I expect to get relegated even if he believed it? All we can hope is a good bit of fight is still left in the team while Everton still regard this as a day trip to see the sights