News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The day wasn't a complete waste of time................

Started by win-dup, March 30, 2014, 05:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

................as walking back to Hammersmith along the river I saw James May of Top Gear fame walking towards me. Strange seeing someone well known in the flesh. I didn't know whether to say hello or not. In the end I played it cool and nodded slightly in his direction.

Artful Dodger

I live up near Leeds now and many years ago I collected my daughter from nursery and recognised the guy walking towards me but couldn't quite work out why. As he walked past I nodded a quick hello just in case he knew me and after he had gone through the door realised it was Darren Gough who was at the height of his cricketing game and playing for England at the time! Clearly he had no idea who I was after all......
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

ron

Now there's a coincidence...just after the players left the pitch after the final whistle, I couldn't help but notice the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse sweep across the turf from the Hammersmith End towards the Cottage. They didn't greet me personally, but they were repeating quite a few of the names of our senior players and management as they came past.

Macedo

I saw Annie Lennoxs panties once.
We were in the same class at school.(They were lime green)..

Macedo

Quote from: ron on March 30, 2014, 06:53:18 PM
Now there's a coincidence...just after the players left the pitch after the final whistle, I couldn't help but notice the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse sweep across the turf from the Hammersmith End towards the Cottage. They didn't greet me personally, but they were repeating quite a few of the names of our senior players and management as they came past.

Brill...lol

PokerMatt

Quote from: ron on March 30, 2014, 06:53:18 PM

:005:

Although I'm sure I heard them saying they didn't need to waste their time coming here.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

SKSW6

Saw Chris David walking towards Hammersmith at the end of the game in his training gear too.

Neil D

Quote from: win-dup on March 30, 2014, 05:59:05 PM
................as walking back to Hammersmith along the river I saw James May of Top Gear fame walking towards me. Strange seeing someone well known in the flesh. I didn't know whether to say hello or not. In the end I played it cool and nodded slightly in his direction.
Why didn't you ask him why Top Gear is so lame?

Jimpav

James May lives in Hammersmith/Chiswick area. Have seen him a few times. Perhaps celebrity spotting could be a new hobby for the chap in the other thread.

Aaron

In 1974 I was catching the London train from Crewe station. It was very crowded; I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat beside a tall, good-looking man with collar-length hair, it was the seventies; buckaroo! I looked up and saw it was none other than Peter Purves, it was the height of his Blue Peter career. He said, "You jammy b**tard" and quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be blue, Peter!" Needless to say, I had the last laugh.

Burt

Felix White (he of the Maccabees) sits near us in the Hammersmith End.

Reznor

I walked passed Dolph Lundgren in Bishops Park many years ago on the way to a match. I was a bit shocked actually and must of been staring at him. He gave me a knowing smile as if to say ' yes, it is me', lol. It was about a couple of years after his Rocky 4 fame. He lived in Fulham, not sure if he still does. He is a massive dude and in reality would have beat the poo out of Stallone,lol.