watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gates in Championship

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, March 31, 2014, 09:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Obviously we'll lose TV money, but that is compensated to a degree by the parachute payments, especially if you get out of there (upwards) quite quickly, which of course is not guaranteed.
I'm not even sure it was called the Championship when we left it (although I went to every home and away game that season before coming over here)
Anyway, I seem to remember regular gates of 20K+ for home games.
With our new found fan base and higher profile, although no doubt many will drift away, It's probable that if we do well we
could get decent gates.
Ticket prices should be a lot less and so will wages.
Therefore financially we wouldn't be in too bad a shape and can begin to build again.
If Mitrogluo and Dembele are our stike force I can see a load of goals, assuming we get the ball to them.

Sort out the defence and we could go back up.

As I finish this WH have just beaten Sunderland, that a great result for us
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

epsomraver

I don't think we got to 20k in the championship 16k was a good gate in those days.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: epsomraver on March 31, 2014, 10:00:16 PM
I don't think we got to 20k in the championship 16k was a good gate in those days.

Have to agree with Epsomraver, we started off with 11,000, it crept up as we started to play great football and nearly hit 20k a couple of times but didnt quite reach 20k

Pluto

I think 15-18k is what we can realistically expect. Decent gate for the division.

Jimpav

I think the reduced crowd will make for a better atmosphere in some ways. Our less glamorous ties weed out tourists and neutrals. A bit like midweek and cup games - often the crowd is smaller but tend to be more passionate.

HatterDon

Based on what I keep reading here, some FofFers will be happier with a smaller crowd not swelled by "those irritating tourists."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

domprague

When we were in the Championship last time we were on the up after a long period of uncertainty This time we'll be going downwards after more than a decade in the Premiership, Europa League final and an FA Cup semi-final. That affects attendances.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Berserker

Quote from: Jimpav on March 31, 2014, 10:07:52 PM
I think the reduced crowd will make for a better atmosphere in some ways. Our less glamorous ties weed out tourists and neutrals. A bit like midweek and cup games - often the crowd is smaller but tend to be more passionate.

There was no passion when I was at the Sheffield United game, just disbelief!!!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

St Eve

Barnsley, Yeovil, Doncaster, Huddersfield - we will be lucky to get 10k. That's why we can't go down

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

FA Cup semi final ?
I just thought that with our higher profile we may keep some of the
new supporters.
Looks like we might rekindle our rivalry with Brentford and QPR
Ouch !!

Quote from: domprague on March 31, 2014, 11:27:16 PM
When we were in the Championship last time we were on the up after a long period of uncertainty This time we'll be going downwards after more than a decade in the Premiership, Europa League final and an FA Cup semi-final. That affects attendances.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

If we are challenging strongly for promotion our crowd might touch 20,000 for important games, though probably more like 15,16 000 generally - and if we are mid table or worse, the crowds will soon start to drop away.

Casual fans and tourists attracted by our 'higher profile' won't be that interested in coming to see us play outside the Prem against the likes of Yeovil and Doncaster-and even some who profess their  undying lover for the club on here, will stop coming.

Macedo

HillingdonFFC

We averaged about 15,000 the year we got promoted. The capacity at the time was 19,500. Plenty of times home areas were sold out. Reckon next season if relegated we'll get about 16,000 for run of the mill games,20,000+ if we're doing well. Another thing is, we're going to be a big attraction for a lot of clubs next season, Fulham is always a very popular day out for away fans, and there's a lot of clubs who haven't played at at Craven Cottage in years. Leeds could fill the Putney end, Sheff Wed would bring thousands as would the likes of Brentford

MJG

If top and playing well we should get 18-20 and 20 plus for the bigger games.

Pos 3-6 it would be 15-18

below that depends on weather and oppo. Doubt we would drop below 13K unless we were really dreadful