watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So jealous of West Ham

Started by Baszab, March 31, 2014, 09:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

That's how to stay up - don't care if the football is crude at times - properly reshape their squad in Jan window - players  fight for their team - have a proper game plan - Premiership next year - even if it's owned by toe rags

JIMMY D

So true! But happy they won against Sunderland...

Rhys Lightning 63

Can I just raise an issue here? At what point has the style of football played ever made a difference? Since when has playing 'attractive' football been the mark of a good manager/team?

So long as you win, does it really matter? I'd gladly have a manager that played terrible football, so long as he kept us up (and pushed on) every year
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Jimpav

True but imagine the reaction if Allardyce was appointed manager. They may be safe but would you want to watch hoofball every week?

At least if we go down we will be able to see the youth in action.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Jimpav on March 31, 2014, 10:03:45 PM
True but imagine the reaction if Allardyce was appointed manager. They may be safe but would you want to watch hoofball every week?

Gladly, I loved watching his old Bolton teams kicking the hell out of everyone
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

nose

Quote from: Baszab on March 31, 2014, 09:55:48 PM
That's how to stay up - don't care if the football is crude at times - properly reshape their squad in Jan window - players  fight for their team - have a proper game plan - Premiership next year - even if it's owned by toe rags

no comment i hate sam, and i hate pulis. it is not necessary to be that oaffish to get reults and pulis;s integrity is certainly very much in doubt. I hate them both and the fact they are allowed to be succesful by very poor officials is a terrible inditment

hovewhite

Blimey,diffucult call.Would take it.

RaySmith

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on March 31, 2014, 10:02:44 PM
Can I just raise an issue here? At what point has the style of football played ever made a difference? Since when has playing 'attractive' football been the mark of a good manager/team?

So long as you win, does it really matter? I'd gladly have a manager that played terrible football, so long as he kept us up (and pushed on) every year

Yes, but look at the reaction on here when it was suggested that Pulis might be a good choice as our manager.

But as far as I'm concerned  good football is winning football, and I don't think we're in a position to be choosy, but 'there you go' as Big Sam might say.

FPT

If Fulham started playing like a Big Sam/Pulis side, I would stop watching. I'd rather we were in League Two and playing good, attractive football, rather than watching paint dry.

RaySmith

My memory of Fulham playing in the lower divisions is not one of watching entertaining football.

I would never get bored with watching Fulham staying in the Prem, and actually winning games.

And staying in the Prem is what's it's all about - with the survival of clubs like West Ham, Palace and Fulham.

SP3

I do get what you're saying ... and they will stay up and have another season in the prem ... but they'll still be West Ham, and they'll be West Ham for the rest of their lives.

Not jealous in the slightest, me.

HatterDon

Well, it's not like they were going down in any case. Their guardian angel Sir Trev would apply the pressure to keep them up like he did the year they played two ineligible players all season. Yes, they broke the rules, but "we don't want to punish the supporters who are innocent in this." Tell it to Sheffield United.

I want West Ham to lose EVERY match.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

God The Mechanic

Isn't football supposed to be a form of entertainment?

HatterDon

Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 01, 2014, 01:46:39 AM

Well perhaps, but -- I guess -- that a bad movie, a bad book, a bad album is just as acceptable as a great one ... according to some people.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RaySmith

Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 01, 2014, 01:46:39 AM

That's how football is marketed now -but it is a sport, and thus the element of competition and uncertainty are unavoidably a strong factor

Winning, rather than just taking part, are major elements of elite sport, like it or not - otherwise we might just as well play exhibition games, with no relegation, and then, of course, no promotion.

If you don't win matches, in a very competitive environment, you will go down, lose sponsorship etc, and eventually go out of business.

Tell me how it's entertaining to see your team lose every week.

I think football in this country is great entertainment - because of the competitiveness that creates such drama every week, amongst teams with players of top ability, desperate to win every game.

If it wasn't for Big Sam and his tactics West Ham would be down, likewise Palace with Pulis.

We seem like we are going down anyway, and haven't played  much 'entertaining' football either, nor won many games.

Though, I think we have a chance under Felix, and his brand of  committed football is entertaining for me, but if we don't  actually win games it will end in tears.

Bronaldinho

Wanted Rene/Pulis at the start of the season.

Any of those would have kept us up. I really believed in Rene's starting 11, his players looked hungry and worked solidly, especially against United/Liverpool.

I hate the way West Ham play though, they have been the worst footballing side I've ever seen, especially when we beat them on New Year's Day, they just had long ball into the wind.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Sgt Fulham

Honestly would much rather watch (attempted) lovely flowing football in 17th than hoofball at 10th. Professional footballers should have more skill than whacking the ball up the field and elbowing opposition players to have room to take the ball down before hoofing in a cross for the 7ft striker to head in the net.

EJL

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on March 31, 2014, 10:05:13 PM
Quote from: Jimpav on March 31, 2014, 10:03:45 PM

Gladly, I loved watching his old Bolton teams kicking the hell out of everyone
Agreed, mate. Allardyce had some great players and a very capable team whilst at Bolton: Okocha, Nolan, Giannakopoulos, Djorkaeff, Jaaskelainen, Campo and Michael Ricketts. Wait, forget the last one...