watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aston Villa v Fulham Opposition View

Started by AVFC1, April 01, 2014, 08:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AVFC1

Hi there, i am from an Aston Villa forum called Avillafan, just on here to ask a few questions regarding our big game on the weekend

1) How has the season gone for you Fulham fans?

2) What were you first thoughts of Shahid Khan when he bought the Club and do they differ now?

3) Shortly after taking the reigns, Magath laid the blame for the Cottagers' problems squarely at the feet of his predecessor Meulensteen.  Was he right to do so?

4) If Fulham do get relegated, do you think you will bounce back straight away?

5) Any chance you will keep hold of Darren Bent?

6) Which player should we fear most on the weekend and why?

7) What is your opinion of Aston Villa?

8) Which Aston Villa player would you like in your team at this moment?

9) What do you think the outcome will be on the weekend?

Just a few random questions now

10) Cat or Dog?

11) Natalie Sawyer or Hayley McQueen? (Sky sports news presenters, im sure you will all know who they are lol)

Martinsback

1) We are bottom of the table and 5 points adrift..have a guess.
2) Always concerned when an owner/manager changes...still concerned but hopefully he will stick around and not change managers every three months in the future.
3)Nope - previous decisions such as relying on loan players and old duffers were to blame.
4) Difficult to do so..50/50 at best
5) We have enough ground staff.
6) Anyone in your team that might score an own goal
7) I love your ground, went there for the semi-final against Chelsea back in the good old days - always think you are let down by your teams.You blow hot and cold so I reckon we will get a draw.
8) Not Darren Bent
9) See 7
10) Dog
11) Natalie Sawyer all day long.

ron

I think question 1 sets the scene for not bothering with the rest.

epsomraver

Why do we get the same old sh*t from these every time we play them? change the record! 096.gig

Lighthouse

Quote from: AVFC1 on April 01, 2014, 08:51:05 AM

No comment

2) What were you first thoughts of Shahid Khan when he bought the Club and do they differ now?

First I thought it would make a tough season even tougher unless he spent early on to help a poor,aging team. I still remain doubtful he is being advised by people who know what they are doing.

3) Shortly after taking the reigns, Magath laid the blame for the Cottagers' problems squarely at the feet of his predecessor Meulensteen.  Was he right to do so?

No the problems have been going on for years under Jol. Rene looked to have found a way of making the team play. Then he was sacked. Mad decison.

No, I feel we will struggle now to ever see the Prem again as I j=have no trust in the people who run Fulham. Two, three years of neglect.

None at all

You have a few good fast players  and any player with pace will walk through us.

Made a transition start last season and have done well to continue. Sleeping giant who have not reached the potential for some years.

Any player with pace.

You will win by two goals but we will play well in the first half, and you will strole to a victory in the second.

10) Cat or Dog?

Dog

11) Natalie Sawyer or Hayley McQueen? (Sky sports news presenters, im sure you will all know who they are lol)

Don't have Sky.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Sgt Fulham

1- Couldn't have gone much better if I had planned it myself. After finishing a lowly 12th place and 9th place the season before that, and being Europa League finalists the season before that I am glad that we built and have ended up as the top number club in the league, it means a lot!
2- First thoughts were creepy mustache but now I do think he cares about the club but has been badly advised. Riverside development plans going ahead and the fact that he was willing to spend £12m on a player in his first year suggest that he doesn't have alternate agendas with our club.
3- No, its Jol's and many other peoples' faults.
4- Could well do if we invest in a prolific championship striker.
5- No pls.
6- Mitroglou even if he doesn't play (which he most likely won't) because he looks like the human form of satan.
7- Good club who have done well reducing the age of their squad in the past few years. Glad you stayed up last year.
8- Benteke... a striker that can finish, yes please!
9- Villa 2-1 Fulham unfortunately with a 97th minute goal from a counter after the ball failed to cross your line by a centimetre before the linesman misses that the player who finished the goal was a mile offside when slotting it over stockdale with the ball spinning over the line after hitting the post. It's been that kind of season.
10- Dog. Kind of reflects my football player preference really. I would much rather a player who tries and gives his heart for the cause but may be a bit less smooth than a player who thinks he's god's gift to the world.
11- Natalie Sawyer.

EJL

"1) How has the season gone for you Fulham fans?"

Really?

Airfix

Seriously????

Time will tell.  And time will still tell.

Did he?  Didn't see that.

I think we'll see it as an opportunity to re-build.  Might take longer than a year.

GOD NO!  PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!

Depends where you are sitting.  If directly behind the goal, no-one.  If in row R or above, all of our strikers.  If at the side of the pitch, John-Arne Riise.

Horrible part of the world.

Have to say that none occur.

We'll huff, puff and lose

10) Cat or Dog?
Neither, I am a human.

Who? Who?

Finnegans Wake

Im sure you dont actually need an answer to this.

I like him. He seems sensible and seems to appreciate what FFC is all about. I think he is the best we could have hoped for post Al Fayed. Obviously his first season has been a disaster (even if we do stay up) and in hindsight he would have done things differently but I think hes a good guy and in for the long haul.

Whilst Meulensteen`s reign certainly didnt help (see Hull away, Sunderland at home and Sheffield United over 2 legs!) it would be unfair to blame him for all of Fulhams problems. Our team didnt get strengthened correctly in the summer and Jol really didnt do a good job with what he had, all of which leading to a really tough job for Rene.

Not underestimating the championship but we have as good a chance as anyone. We have good young players who are just starting to come through and hopefully enough financial backing to be able to mix them with decent experienced players. Hopefully do a Newcastle and clear the deadwood and bounce back.

Nah your all right. I think he needs to change his game. Hes lost the pace that made him such a threat and hasnt been clinical enough in front of goal for me.

Our starting lineup changes every week so hard to say.

Nothing against you lot. Good club.

Anyone who can defend.

Draw.

10) Cat or Dog?
Both

Hayley McQueen. Blonde init.

jarv

I didn't get past question 1. I thought you were taking the mickey. :005: No doubt, we will lose.

PokerMatt

1) How has the season gone for you Fulham fans? Look at the table.

2) What were you first thoughts of Shahid Khan when he bought the Club and do they differ now? Thought he was good for the club. PL clubs need financial backing and he has that and he also dipped into the market in Jan (although early indications are he was horribly advised). Too early to say anything has changed with my opinion - still think his intentions are right.

3) Shortly after taking the reigns, Magath laid the blame for the Cottagers' problems squarely at the feet of his predecessor Meulensteen.  Was he right to do so? No he didn't. He wasn't referring only to Rene, but everything since the start of the season. And obviously he was right to criticise as we've been an unmitigated shambles all season.

4) If Fulham do get relegated, do you think you will bounce back straight away? Probably not, no. Although Khan must make use of being the richest owner in the league in order for us to be able to have a chance.

5) Any chance you will keep hold of Darren Bent? Haha. Fortunately he'll think he's too good for the Championship.

6) Which player should we fear most on the weekend and why? If you have a player who scores a lot of own goals, then him.

7) What is your opinion of Aston Villa? Got no issues. The youth model is one that other teams could to worse than to follow.

8) Which Aston Villa player would you like in your team at this moment? Benteke. Delph. Vlaar. Guzan

9) What do you think the outcome will be on the weekend? Don't know the score, but we'll lose by conceding our standard 3.

10) Cat or Dog? Cat.

11) Natalie Sawyer or Hayley McQueen? (Sky sports news presenters, im sure you will all know who they are lol) Sawyer by a distance.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Rhys Lightning 63

1) How has the season gone for you Fulham fans? - Yeah, let's not go there

2) What were you first thoughts of Shahid Khan when he bought the Club and do they differ now? - Bit disappointed, when I heard the rumours an NFL owner was going to buy us, I was hoping for someone better than The Jaguars. I remain disappointed. What happens next season will be a true test of what the man has

3) Shortly after taking the reigns, Magath laid the blame for the Cottagers' problems squarely at the feet of his predecessor Meulensteen.  Was he right to do so? - A lot of people have to take the blame for this; the players, Al Fayed, the rest of the board, Jol, Mulensteen. Too many problems and youcan't all of them down to one man

4) If Fulham do get relegated, do you think you will bounce back straight away? - Yes. With £60m coming in from the finishing position, plus a great academy, I believe we've got the foundations to do it

5) Any chance you will keep hold of Darren Bent? - Nope. He won't want to play in the Championship. I can see him going to one of the promoted teams, maybe Burnley

6) Which player should we fear most on the weekend and why? - Steve Sidwell, mainly due to the 'former club' factor

7) What is your opinion of Aston Villa? - Good fans, good old fashioned club, really shouldn't be this low in the table. Haven't been the same since O'Neill left

8) Which Aston Villa player would you like in your team at this moment? - Weimann. Lovely infront of goal and he's young, so he'll be doing the same for years to come. Failing that, either Ciaran Clark or Nathan Baker (the latter of which should have had an England call-up by now)

9) What do you think the outcome will be on the weekend? - A draw at this stage is not allowed, so I want nothing less than a win. That being said, I'll go 2-1 to Fulham

10) Cat or Dog? - Cat. I was bitten by a dog as a child, never trusted them since

11) Natalie Sawyer or Hayley McQueen? - Hayley McQueen. The perfect woman if you ask me. Plus she isn't a Brentford fan
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Pluto

fp.gif

I was excited at first then sceptical of his motives when he failed to invest and kept plying us with all the Jaguars marketing. Thankfully that's slowed down now (I think given our situation the club don't want to risk the wrath of the fans any further). Now I just think he was badly advised and the CEO needs to go.

Not sure if that was exactly what he meant, but no. We might actually have had a chance at staying up with Rene in charge. The problems stem from a crippling lack of investment over the past few seasons, Martin Jol, the club's transfer policy and the CEO.

Probably not. There's a lot of clubs bigger than us in the Championship sho haven't been able to bounce back.

064.gif 064.gif I bloody hope not!!

Holtby. He has the workrate to match his technical ability. The players always look for him to pass to.

Good club with some talented youngsters. Last season's transition seems to be paying off, though you've been very inconsistent to watch this season.

Delph by a long shot! He's been fantastic in recent weeks and deserves an England call at some point.

4-1 Villa. We will edge the first half befor egetting annihilated in the second.

10) Cat or Dog?

Dog

Natalie Sawyer!

Denver Fulham

Hi there, i am from an Aston Villa forum called Avillafan, just on here to ask a few questions regarding our big game on the weekend

Seriously? Look at the stupid table.

Nick Bateman

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

FPT

Pretty badly. Player by player, especially at the start of the season, we are underachieving.

I liked him, I liked what I was reading and I liked what he was saying. I still think this, however many will say keeping Jol in for too long was a mistake and sacking Meulensteen too soon was a disgrace.

On those two points, I have no problem with letting a manager try to overcome poor form, I mean, look at Big Sam, December it was Sam Out, Feb - Manager of the Month after four wins from four.

Shahid Khan has made an investment, his investments goes down the pan if we're relegated. Why not sack somebody who isn't turning results around and appoint someone who has proof that he can?

No, it's years of poor management. Al Fayed was giving Jol scraps to build a team, leading us to a squad of basically no midfield and old legs. Had Jol been given a competitive budget, we wouldn't be near where we are now. However, I did see Magath's point, Meulensteen changed his tactics, which is confusing, especially with having three managers.

We've got the ability to. We're run financially well, have a flourishing youth system and in the summer the wage bill will decrease, leading to limited chances of going into the red.

God no. We currently have Dembele (17) and Woodrow (19) ahead of him.

Lewis Holtby and Ashkan Dejagah. Dejagah has hit a purple patch in terms of goalscoring and Lewis Holtby is the only player we have that can open a locked door with a football.

You're alright.

Ashley Westwood, we've needed a Danny Murphy replacement whilst we still had Danny Murphy.

I'm hopeful that our 3000 sell out should boost us to a 2-1 win. Your form at home isn't great, mostly due to your style. You have every chance to score.

10) Cat or Dog?

Dog.

Hayley McQueen.

Berserker

It's been very depressing

OK but he has been badly advised this season. Hopefully next season he will have more experience

3) Shortly after taking the reigns, Magath laid the blame for the Cottagers’ problems squarely at the feet of his predecessor Meulensteen.  Was he right to do so?

No I think the under investment in our team over the last couple of seasons has caused alot of our problems. Plus Marteen Jol staying our manager too long when things were clearly not working out. I liked Rene, but not so much the structure of having Wilkins and Curbishly as well

No not next season, hopefully the one after that

No he hasn't really worked at Fulham

All 11

Well seeing I live in Swindon I can't really say much!!!

Not sure

Hope for a win but as we haven't had many of those so I'm probably being delusional

10) Cat or Dog?

Lke both but have two cat as I work and wouldn't want to leave a dog alone all day

I'm female so N/A

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Avillafan.com

Quote from: epsomraver on April 01, 2014, 10:10:03 AM
Why do we get the same old sh*t from these every time we play them? change the record! 096.gig

We are just trying to get a view from your side Mate, sorry that it bother you.

K33NY

Havent we got many of these threads before, not jkust from Villa but other teams to, I think I see so to say the very same questions as well?....

Berserker

I like these threads
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.