watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berahino

Started by Humbled, April 02, 2014, 02:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humbled

I know arguin and even punch ups happen often at football clubs but the fact he has taken a few punches and no one has been done for it after their game on Saturday is funny. He is a very good young talent. He could be on his way after this

FPT

It's alleged to be James Morrison.

Here are the key points:

"Players rounded on the young striker who was guilty of giving away possession in the build up to Cardiff's stoppage time equaliser"

"An eyewitness said the two squared up with Morrison swinging and catching Berahino in the face."

"West Brom attempted to draw a line under the incident yesterday but Berahino's frustration that action hasn't been taken against Morrison could now cast doubt on his Baggies future."

"Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton were all monitoring Berahino's situation during his protracted contract talks earlier this season."

"Simmering frustrations about Berahino's contribution since signing his new deal in November also played a part in the explosive row, according to Baggies sources. Some of Berahino's team-mates are understood to have questioned his attitude and contribution since he landed a huge pay rise from £850 to £20,000 a week."

Club statement: "What happened is not uncommon in a dressing room and shows the players care. The players involved have apologised. The club has drawn a line under the matter and is now fully focusing on Saturday's important game at Norwich."

All from a collection of newspaper reports.

Burt

Wish I could get a 2,353% pay rise...

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Burt on April 02, 2014, 03:10:54 PM
Wish I could get a 2,353% pay rise...

Especially based on a couple of days good work.  Hell, I'd be willing to work hard for a week for that kinda raise!

HatterDon

If this really happened ... and I doubt it since it was reported in the British sporting press ... then Morrison should be suspended and fined. It's happened before when teammates fought on the pitch.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

PokerMatt

I thought it was Sessegnon who gave the ball away? At least that's what I heard at the time.

Not suggesting that Sessegnon should have been whacked instead, but just surely that can't be a reason he got punched?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

F(f)CUK

I don't recall any action being taken by Fulham when Gary Brazil thumped Julian Hails after a similar piece of action that saw Fulham knocked out of the FA Cup by non league Yeovil. Then again someone should have thumped Orlando Sa after he failed to run towards a corner flag and then missed his shot against Odense in the Europa League. I can remember screaming for him to run to a corner flag whilst all around me were urging him to shoot.

Blanco

It is true. He's contemplating legal action.

domprague

Quote from: F(f)CUK on April 02, 2014, 05:48:29 PM
I don't recall any action being taken by Fulham when Gary Brazil thumped Julian Hails after a similar piece of action that saw Fulham knocked out of the FA Cup by non league Yeovil. Then again someone should have thumped Orlando Sa after he failed to run towards a corner flag and then missed his shot against Odense in the Europa League. I can remember screaming for him to run to a corner flag whilst all around me were urging him to shoot.
:plus one:
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

fulhamrover

Berahino took a lame shot that led to Cardiff breaking and scoring.

Similar to when we played Odense and was it Frei or Sa that lost the ball and with the last kick of the game they made it 2 -2

fulhamrover

I really feel as if I made a good point up above but no one commented.

WISŁA KRAKÃ"W AWANSUJE ! GOL ODENSE 2:2

fulhamrover

Since my excellent post was not appreciated I am hereby closing this account and never again visiting this website. Instead I shall take my intellectual observations to other Fulham websites. Good day.

PokerMatt

Haha he actually closed his account. A little bit odd.

FWIW, the video does not show anyone giving the ball away so it's not really helpful.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

FPT

Quote from: PokerMatt on April 03, 2014, 05:52:06 PM
Haha he actually closed his account. A little bit odd.

FWIW, the video does not show anyone giving the ball away so it's not really helpful.

Good, the bloke was a moron.

Blanco

Wow, what an idiot lol. Giving a ball away doesn't deserve a punch in the face. If that was the case our squad would all be KO'd.

Legate21

He's a good talent, a young man making his way in the game. He was trying to play the ball across to another West Brom player for a one on one and unfortunately didn't catch it as well as he would have liked. Ridiculous behaviour from an experienced player to punch him, especially if you consider the amount of points he has won them this season (which includes scoring the winner at Old Trafford). As far as I've read he is not bothered in taking legal action. Which I feel shows good maturity by letting his teammate get away with one and to apologise to the fans via social media (i think it was on his twitter account).