watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What the hell is wrong with Scottish people

Started by Huge, June 01, 2010, 01:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

My ex-wife was a Scot from Air. I went to Univ of Glasgow as a mature student for 4 years. I have seen 8 old firm games (from either side) and feared for my life more than going to war.

There are loads of nice Scots but a shitload of idiots too. It is no different than our own English (try Hull for starters). I know a lot of people that would require a bit of etiquette training (they are all Millwall supporters for some strange reason). But there are good Scots too (excluding my ex) and we should not all throw them under the bus  
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: flynny on June 01, 2010, 07:41:32 PM
Its totally different usa and canada are not in a union England wales scotland and northern ireland are.Although we are seperate nations and are different racially and culturally.usa and canada are just made up countries with no proper racial or cultural belonging apart from red indians obviously.

Canadas economy would not exisit if not for the mixing pot to the south. There is even talk of making them the 51st state.
The Dude abides.

flynny

Millwall has a large scottish following because of the jam factory that a lot of swettys worked at in mudchute and they started millwall thats why they have the rampant lion on there shirts.thats what i was told.

leonffc

Quote from: flynny on June 01, 2010, 05:35:48 PM
This always winds me up special one skirt wearing heroin addict scum.In euro 96 when gasgoine scored a section of the crowd wearing swetty rangers tops and skirts cheered this shows the mentality of these cxxxs.

I'm pleased to say that I was in the crowd, level with Gazza as he flicked it over Mrs Doubtfires head. I also had the pleasure of being on the tube before hand with Domonic Diamond (remember that knob from some computer games program?) Lots of banter abuse directed his way.

Anyway, I welcome their banter. If they want us to lose, so what?? I dont support them, although if they did (haha) get through to a quarter final or somthing I may get swept up in the romance. We'll never know though so I'll carry on supporting England and laughing at the Jocks, and the Welsh. It all adds up to going in to work and dishing it out to any colonial colleagues I have. And if I have to take it back, so be it!!
And fair paly to Andy Murray to saying he'd support anyone else, although he was misquoted, who cares?

Whatever anyones thoughts on the matter, Boughera was probably lying, would you take an Algerian at face value? Face facts. Rangers fans generally follow England. If he said Celtic, I would believe him!!

jarv

I am amazed at some of the reponses. Many are amusing but some had a bit of a nasty thread. Come on guys, it is all a joke.  On my annual trips home, there are 2 things I do every year. Take in a Fulham game (or 2) and visit my mum in SCOTLAND. As Mr. Finn says, there ar a lot of idiots there, a real under class but no more so than the east end of London, parts of Liverpool etc etc.

Some things you might not know about Scots.....invented steam engine, television, phone, modern international/business economics, penicillin, chloroform and many more. Not to forget modern football as we know it. They played England who had a bunch od donkeys lumping the ball upfield. The Scots developed the pass and move game and smashed the anglos out of sight. The rest of the world followed suit.

By the way Mr. Finn, it is spelt Ayr.  (Steve Nichol started there, the most expensive teenager ever when Liverpool signed him).

McBridefan1

The problem with Scottland is... it's filled with scotts... of course the answer to that problem is Prima Noctum... if you can't weed them out you breed them out... Brave heart gotta love it, I think I'm gonna watch that movie again tonight, I'm not an action adventure guy but that movie is great... even if England are the baddies...

finnster01

Quote from: jarv on June 02, 2010, 01:44:53 AM
I am amazed at some of the reponses. Many are amusing but some had a bit of a nasty thread. Come on guys, it is all a joke.  On my annual trips home, there are 2 things I do every year. Take in a Fulham game (or 2) and visit my mum in SCOTLAND. As Mr. Finn says, there ar a lot of idiots there, a real under class but no more so than the east end of London, parts of Liverpool etc etc.

Some things you might not know about Scots.....invented steam engine, television, phone, modern international/business economics, penicillin, chloroform and many more. Not to forget modern football as we know it. They played England who had a bunch od donkeys lumping the ball upfield. The Scots developed the pass and move game and smashed the anglos out of sight. The rest of the world followed suit.

By the way Mr. Finn, it is spelt Ayr.  (Steve Nichol started there, the most expensive teenager ever when Liverpool signed him).

Sorry Mr Jarv, I don't know what I was thinking it is indeed spelled Ayr. By the same token it is also spelled Steve Nicol.. :015:

Logicalman

Quote from: McBridefan1 on June 02, 2010, 03:26:17 AM
The problem with Scottland is... it's filled with scotts... of course the answer to that problem is Prima Noctum... if you can't weed them out you breed them out... Brave heart gotta love it, I think I'm gonna watch that movie again tonight, I'm not an action adventure guy but that movie is great... even if England are the baddies...

So you think the English should form breeding parties and go north on breeding trips to breed them out?

Problem you got is simple, with the majority of the population wearing skirts and having some form of facial hair, and not all of them of the 'fairer' sex, you'd better have your wits about you.  :015:

Scrumpy

Quote from: Logicalman on June 02, 2010, 10:24:05 AM
Quote from: McBridefan1 on June 02, 2010, 03:26:17 AM

So you think the English should form breeding parties and go north on breeding trips to breed them out?

Problem you got is simple, with the majority of the population wearing skirts and having some form of facial hair, and not all of them of the 'fairer' sex, you'd better have your wits about you.  :015:

Excellent mate! :011:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Vinnieffc

Q. What's wrong with the Scots ?
A. My Moosus

Serious though.. I'm from the Republic and the better half from Dunfirmline but we'll both be shouting for England in the World Cup.. Except for the opening game where I may have a little chuckle if Demps belts in a 30 yard screamer for the winner  :005:

Whiteroom

I have spent a very large amount of my life in Scotland, and I can tell you that there is a lot of negativity towards England. It is an age old thing going back to when we would invade them. Nowadays it is more of a national past time. It is not all of them though. There are some really nice scots who rise above the pettiness of it all, but a large proportion are very anti English. It is the 'rich neighbour' syndrome.

CorkedHat

I can't let this go without me saying that my late wife was Scottish and that we were married for thirty glorious years.
If England played Scotland then she would support Scotland and I would support England but if either of our countries were playing anyone else we would join forces.
Towards the end when she asked how "did we go?" the "we" was England.
Her father who was a tough proud Glaswegian became one of my closest friends and I loved him almost as much as I loved his daughter.
I don't know why people have to generalise the way that they do. As my old mum used to say, "There are good and bad in all sorts."

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

finnster01

Quote from: CorkedHat on June 02, 2010, 03:21:29 PM
I can't let this go without me saying that my late wife was Scottish and that we were married for thirty glorious years.
If England played Scotland then she would support Scotland and I would support England but if either of our countries were playing anyone else we would join forces.
Towards the end when she asked how "did we go?" the "we" was England.
Her father who was a tough proud Glaswegian became one of my closest friends and I loved him almost as much as I loved his daughter.
I don't know why people have to generalise the way that they do. As my old mum used to say, "There are good and bad in all sorts."

Mr CorkedHat,
As I said I had a Scottish ex for 17 years but my experience was a very different one from yours. Enough said on that topic.
Having lived in Glasgow for 4 years, I will agree on the tough proud Glaswegian bit. I still have loads of friends from my time up there, and they are as proud as proud can be. I also got the poo beaten out of me because they come at you in packs but I gave back a bit too. There is no love lost for the English that is for sure. But as Whiteroom says, it is an age old thing.

Glasgow is a nice city, better than its reputation, and the Old Firm is something everyone should watch at least once in their life (doesn't matter which ground you go to, both equally mental)

flynny

As this thread is going a bit deep can i just take it back to just slagging swettys off in a general humorous way.Yes there are good and bad in every town,city and country dont take it to serious.But i for one support a taliban eleven against them skirt wearing special one heroin addict cxxxs.oh as well you will notice most inventions by swettys were invented not in scotland for example penacilline in paddington the phone in the u.s.

jarv

Much better tone! Mr. McBride, had to smile at your comment. When I decided to move to America, one of my mates said " great country America, but it does have one problem, it is full of expletive Americans" boom boom.

Anyone ever see the monty python sketch...aliens land and turn everyone into a scotsman....brilliant.

flynny

jarv i will go on youtube and find it.sounds scary.