watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Talksport

Started by something_amusing, April 03, 2014, 06:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

something_amusing

someone please call up talksport and have a word with durham and gough. so ill informed and embarasing its unreal

Blanco

What were they wrong about?

FPT

I've stopped listening, though I still follow Adrian Durham on Twitter, he just seems to have an opinion, then goes to the extreme to back it up, causing "outrage" and a flood of callers.

As for Darren Gough, respect him as a cricketer, but the fat Northerner needs to stop talking about football.

something_amusing

starting bent for one, and why get rid or taarabt is another. also magath is out of his depth. just pick up a poor story from the daily star and just roll with it. lazy journalism. pretend they know anything about the smaller clubs

Chesh

Wouldn't waste my breath on either of the
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Bedford White

TBH I wouldn't be able to speak to Durham without resorting to some very base language. He winds me up, so I've stopped listening to Talksport and his constant slagging off of Fulham.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Bedford White on April 04, 2014, 07:02:04 AM
TBH I wouldn't be able to speak to Durham without resorting to some very base language. He winds me up, so I've stopped listening to Talksport and his constant slagging off of Fulham.

Considering he follows the giant of football that is Peterborough ( NOT! ) he's in no position to get all mouthy about us.

cottage cheese

More importantly why are you listening to Talksport in the first place?

jeremyfulham

Talksports raison d'etre is to wind folk up to get them to phone in, they make money from calls and it fills their programme. You are right about lazy journalism they just rehash what they read .

bucksfulham

stopped listening to their rubbish years ago.

LBNo11

Quote from: bucksfulham on April 04, 2014, 08:53:09 AM

...as have I. A few years ago they were debating whether Fulham deserved to be in the premier league because of the small fan base, and they concluded we weren't big enough to qualify as a PL team. That prompted me to e-mail and complain and they responded that it was just a bit of fun and banter. I wrote back and said that their sustained belittling of the club through a public media was tantamount to defamation of character, and that their views were taken up by the ill informed glory hunting target audience as being factual.

They suggested I didn't take it so seriously and thanked me for my continued support - they got that wrong too...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Macedo

Gough is a turd who has now been exposed for cheating on his
other half with a Essex Reality show Bimbo half his age.
Needs to grow up..

bog

They base their whole set up on causing annoyance so thus a sizeable response to their phone ins. Bunch of Chris Moyles' type unruly fat thick witted twits. Have I got my point across? It is nothing to do with the size of a club's fan base, it is all down to points accrued....or with them pints of cheap ale guzzled or gulped down. I stopped listening to that supposed station many years ago.

Thank you and good night.

092.gif     

something_amusing

Quote from: Macedo on April 04, 2014, 09:01:56 AM
Gough is a turd who has now been exposed for cheating on his
other half with a Essex Reality show Bimbo half his age.
Needs to grow up..

He is a total. I worked with someone who was a copper in MK. Gough's friends had caused some trouble in a bar and been kicked out. Gough's response to the Police "Do you know who i am?"

An in response to why do i listen to Talksport...try not to. Some of it I like including Colin Murray and Hawsbee & Jacob. Cannot listen to Radio 1 as they just sound like blue peter presenters and are a bunch of smug yes men. Cannot listen to Radio 5Live as somehow Robbie Savage has managed to get a job

Nick Bateman

Quote from: LBNo11 on April 04, 2014, 09:01:15 AM
Quote from: bucksfulham on April 04, 2014, 08:53:09 AM

...as have I. A few years ago they were debating whether Fulham deserved to be in the premier league because of the small fan base, and they concluded we weren't big enough to qualify as a PL team. That prompted me to e-mail and complain and they responded that it was just a bit of fun and banter. I wrote back and said that their sustained belittling of the club through a public media was tantamount to defamation of character, and that their views were taken up by the ill informed glory hunting target audience as being factual.

They suggested I didn't take it so seriously and thanked me for my continued support - they got that wrong too...

Good chasing up by LBno11 (not the real Les Barrett by the way) - I did so regarding Match of the Day allowing their goal of the month to be chosen by fans texting in, with the club with the most fans winning every month when they had a goal nominated.

I listen to Talksport sometimes to hear what the general footie fan is being 'brain-washed' with.  I rarely listen to Durham (closet Gooner) & an average cricketer who knows little about football Darren Gough as their show is and has been anti-Fulham for several years.

When Fulham had that incredible Europa cup run those two were deriding it and stated that Fulham should not be in the tournament with giants like Juventus.  We went on to defeat their "giant" in one of the greatest two legs in European history!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Adrian Durham owns quite a big share in Talksport, so he says the most controversial stuff to get people to call in. Normally it's Arsenal fans or Northerners (probably because they're all a bit simple!).
However, for some unknown reason, I can't help listening to the tools. Darren Gough is a chief of the highest order and knows little to nothing about football, but makes out to know everything. But Mickey (Horse torturer) Quinn is a particular pet hate of mine. That man, for whatever deep seeded reason, has a total and utter hatred for Fulham Football club. I know for a fact he will be happy IF we go down.
The true saving graces of that poony station are, as somone mentioned; Colin Murray, Hawksby and Jacobs and Mike Parry.
But someone tell me why I still tune in :( 
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

sunburywhite

Goughie is like a little puppy following Durham around and trying to please his master without having any idea why he is doing things

I liked the man as a cricketer but he is a total pineapple when it comes to talking about other sports

And Durham is special one
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Roy is on at the moment

alfie

Do you know it matters not once toss what they say will not change anything that goes on in football.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't