watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Message to FoF (and others) from ROGER BROWN

Started by DLTOOFIF, January 31, 2010, 10:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLTOOFIF

Ed posted a message of mine on here recently that our former rock of a centre half Roger Brown had been having a tough time lately. All the messages posted in reply (plus a few cards sent via TOOFIF Towers) were duly passed on to Roger. [Feel free to keep the messages/cards coming in via [email protected] by the way]. Anyway, I received the following this morning:

Hello David. I have received numerous correspondence from you over the last few weeks and wanted to tell you how grateful I am to receive them. They have meant a great deal to me and my wife, as Fulham has always had a place in my heart ever since I left - it is the first result I look for every time they play.

The comments from people who have contacted you have brought tears to my eyes; all of them have left me with the same feelings that I had when I stepped onto the pitch ("try and beat me today"). I had a good rapport with the fans, and to this day I remember going into the Riverside Stand after the game to have a chat with them. They were always constructive chats, sometimes lasting several hours. I never got bored, indeed I learned a lot, because they would tell me where I may have gone wrong but, also, at the same time what I was doing right. I am not embarrassed to say that I love the club. I have the utmost respect for the supporters, and I am proud to say that I was a Fulham player.

If you can David, I would like you to pass on my whole-hearted thanks to all those people who responded, who passed on their best wishes, it made me feel humble, but at the same time proud, that I played a part in the history of Fulham FC. My wife (who has been a rock for me over the last few months) and continues to be, reminds me often that I have a lot to be thankful for, and after reading and receiving so much support from you and the fans, I see why. We both look forward to coming down to the Cottage soon. Once again David and everyone, thank you.

LBNo11

...I am sure that everyone on here wishes his full recovery. One of our own. Very grateful to receive a personal reply...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

'Try and beat me today' Proud to have watched him play. The true meaning of a great player.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

He'd still do a better job than our defence of the last few weeks.