watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Experienced Strikers Vs Youth

Started by tomesy, April 05, 2014, 05:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomesy

Over the past few weeks the youth upfront have shown effort and the willingness to close down defenders yet very little threat. It goes to show having someone with experience who can make runs, look half dangerous and play with more of an attacking purpose can contribute more to survival. Well played Hugo and Felix for making the changes we wanted

Robbie

HUGO and DEJAG to start, nothing else will do now !!!!

fulhams_finest

^im always dubious maybe their beauty is they come out second half all powered up - what a great game they both had though!

F(f)CUK

I was going to post the same thing as the original post. What a difference Hugo made and what a good performance by the team as a whole. How good were Stockdale and Diarra.

Jamie88

I would love to see Woodrow and Hugo up top together

Sammyffc

keep hugo and ash for second half !!! come out all guns blazing

Bronaldinho

Said it for a while, if we have Darren Bent & Hugo Rodallega they have to play, we can't take a chance on the kids in this situation.

Proved today that experience is key, Dejagah and Hot Rod changed the game. So happy for Hugo, he loves this club and the game.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

fulhamben

Quote from: tomesy on April 05, 2014, 05:05:14 PM
Over the past few weeks the youth upfront have shown effort and the willingness to close down defenders yet very little threat. It goes to show having someone with experience who can make runs, look half dangerous and play with more of an attacking purpose can contribute more to survival. Well played Hugo and Felix for making the changes we wanted
think that's a little harsh. when Woodrow was on he was neigh on attacking on his todd, hence his good shot that was parried was a million miles away from another player in white. would hugo have done any better if he had played in the first half? personally think ashkan made all the difference as he was the one pushing up to help hugo (who I thought played exceptionally well) so all in all I still believe Woodrow is the better target man as he has a superior first touch and is better at laying it off. would love to see what he can do when ashcan and the rest of the team actually want to push up and help him out. that said its hugos day and he deserves all the [plaudits he recieves
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FPT

I do believe that Hugo Rodallega earned a spot to start next Saturday; however, I don't think the young players have put a foot wrong. They've done well. Perhaps, they could have been more of a goalscoring threat, but I don't think they've really had a proper opportunity. Dembele's header was very tight, I don't think he could have done much more; and Cauley's strike today was from a very difficult angle.

The impact Rodallega made, I think, was done to two things. 1) His physical ability, he could put himself about, whereas Woodrow is good at his job, but Rodallega makes defenders feel like they're in a game, which is a bonus in that role. I'm not saying Woodrow has to be on the weights all summer, but needs to use his body more, but that'll come. 2) He wasn't isolated. The second half, saw Holtby, Richardson and Dejagah, all visibly push forward and give Rodallega numbers, whereas Woodrow was part of a nervy first half, where no one wanted to push forward and risk being caught.