watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Now lets be positive - 36 points for survival - 9 more points may be enough

Started by Hersham Henry, April 05, 2014, 06:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hersham Henry

PROVIDED THREE COME NEXT WEEK V NORWICH in which case we can assume Cardiff will go down with Norwich - their other matches being Home v Liverpool & Arsenal and Away v Man Utd & Chelsea. The Norwich match is definitely our Cup Final, win that and we can probably survive, lose it and we will need a miracle.  Norwich will be left on 32 points plus whatever they could glean from their four top five opponents making a maximum of 33-35 and Cardiff's likely maximum is 7-9 making the same 33-35.

It would then be a battle for survival between ourselves and Sunderland. Although Sunderland have 3 games in hand their Away matches are Spurs, Man City, Chelsea & Man Utd so not much change there. At home they could get wins against Cardiff, WBA and Swansea plus a draw v Everton which would only give the 35.

In summary, we need to beat Norwich and pick up 6 other points, far from impossible now we finally have a manager who knows what he is doing - if we stay up and keep Magath we should be looking forward to 7th - 12th next year with a decent cup run, buying Holtby for about £10m and a couple of astute close season purchases. We should have been in the semis this year if Meulenstein hadn't blown it - our best chance for years!

Come on you whites - BELIEVE.

Artful Dodger

I think you are right about 36 points but I really hope we don't get complacent and think 3 points are in the bag against Norwich. They also know that next week is their best chance of a win to keep them up so it is their cup final as well. The players were celebrating like they had already stayed up today....they need to refocus and make sure we follow it up against Norwich with 3 more points. 
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

YankeeJim

Norwich will be on fire, They have to consider us a must win since it is their best chance for points that they have. If we get an early goal will be fine. If they score first, they'll bunker and we don't break down teams very well. Perhaps Mitroglou can justify his transfer fee.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

the nutflush

3 home wins and if we nick a point away to Stoke that gives us 37.  37 will definitely keep us up.  36 may keep us up.  I suppose no use looking past the Norwich game.  The games just get bigger and bigger every week.  Squeaky bum time. 

MJG

38 needed I can see 17th/18th being on 37 pts

Berserker

Yes 38 to be on the ssfe side
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Irelands_number1

There's no point even working out these types of permutations!
I've been doing it myself but in this league, this year especially you just have to go week to week and see how everybody else does because you can't safely predict anything!
I just hope we don't end up in a position where our safety isn't in our own hands!

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Dembele96

36 will most certainly safe even 34 I think but taking into account our goal difference 36 is most secure. Also next game is a must win.

Fulham1959

There are 6 teams above us already on between 32 and 36 points.  We are on 27, effectively 6 points adrift because of our appalling GD.

On that basis alone, and without any fancy computations, I find it hard to believe that 36 points will be enough.  I hope I'm wrong, of course.

Even if we're still in it on the final day, Palace are going to be a tough team to beat.

Twig

Let's not forget Sunderland have games in hand.  Struggling I know but we can't write them off.